Author Topic: Should we forgive Richard Goldstone?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Eden Ben Yitzchak

• Full JTFer
Should we forgive Richard Goldstone?
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
He regrets the slander and lies he was guilty of, about Israel guilty of war crimes against the innocent, poor, peaceful freedom fighters in Gaza.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Should we forgive Richard Goldstone?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
He regrets the slander and lies he was guilty of, about Israel guilty of war crimes against the innocent, poor, peaceful freedom fighters in Gaza.

He has to do Teshuva work to repair the blood libel he defended
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
Has he asked for forgiveness?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
Does anyone believe him?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
The sin of Lashon Hara is one of the most difficult to make 'Teshuva' for...

I recall this story which is a metaphor for Lashon Hara...

A Rabbi in a small town in Europe was badmouthed by one member of his congregation. This gossip-mongering Jew would tell everyone how much he disrespected the Rabbi and how he thought the Rabbi was an Am Haaretz. But when it came time for the High Holidays and it was told to him how bad the sin of Lashon Hara is this Jew came to the Rabbi and asked him for forgiveneess...

The Rabbi told the man to get a feather-stuffed pillow. He was told to take the Pillow and rip it apart so that the feathers would fly in all directions. The man did as told by the Rabbi and then came back and asked him again for forgiveness.

The Rabbi said that he would be granted forgiveness once he went and gathered all the feathers which had been released into the wind.... The man then realized that the damage done by the Lashon Hara cannot be undone with a simple 'I'm sorry, forgive me...' it required undoing a great amount of damage symbolized by the feathers which have been wafting in the breeze...

I doubt Goldstone can repent properly at this point... But only Hashem knows for sure...

See :
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/812861/jewish/A-Pillow-Full-of-Feathers.htm

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/speech.htm
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:19:49 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Are you joking Eden ? Did you listen to the last "ask jtf" I actually posted the same question. He doesn't regret the slander and the lies because he still doesn't acknowledge the fact that he was the chief judge of a kangaroo court. All that he say is that if he had the information that he has now the conclusion would be different. He had or could have had all the information he needed while the committee was doing their hatchet job against Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
Are you joking Eden ? Did you listen to the last "ask jtf" I actually posted the same question. He doesn't regret the slander and the lies because he still doesn't acknowledge the fact that he was the chief judge of a kangaroo court. All that he say is that if he had the information that he has now the conclusion would be different. He had or could have had all the information he needed while the committee was doing their hatchet job against Israel.

I do think he was joking...

Read what he wrote:

I don't think that is a serious posting...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »
I do think he was joking...

Read what he wrote:

I don't think that is a serious posting...

Our friend Eden likes playing us, he did that recently with a post about Somalis, and I almost fell for it...

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
Muman I rember that story. I doubt at this point he has is sincere
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Muman I rember that story. I doubt at this point he has is sincere

Yes sincerity in apology is important... But I brought that story to show that just being remorseful alone will not repair the damage done. It is like trying to catch all the feathers which are blowing in the wind... Not something which is easily done with a simple 'Whoops, did I do that?'

Offline Eden Ben Yitzchak

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »
Oh guys, I like to joke. What I said about the ''poor Palestinian freedom fighters'' is an obvious sarcasm, however-  I do want to know what you think about that Jewish judge. I read in a ''rightwing'' Israeli newspaper that he regrets what he'd done, it does NOT say that he apologized. ''Hashofet Goldston mebi'a harata.'' that's a quote from the 'Israel Hayom' newspaper.