Author Topic: Shock! Glenn Beck Out At Fox  (Read 748 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Shock! Glenn Beck Out At Fox
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=3934

Glenn Beck to End Daily Fox News Program

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts. The statement did not specify an end date for the show, called “Glenn Beck,” which has been telecast at 5 p.m. on Fox News since early 2009.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have sometimes clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement. As expected, a senior Fox News executive, Joel Cheatwood, will join Mr. Beck at Mercury Radio Arts starting later this month.

The statement was briefly posted on The Blaze, a Web site owned by Mr. Beck, but it was then taken down. Representatives for Fox and Mr. Beck did not immediately explain why.

Mr. Beck is a hugely popular figure on Fox News, averaging 2.2 million viewers a night, though his ratings have fallen somewhat in the last year. He often comes under criticism for his attacks on progressives and his apocalyptic predictions.

Mr. Beck has been contemplating an exit from Fox for some time. Two of the post-Fox options he has considered, according to people who have spoken about it with him, are a partial or wholesale takeover of a cable channel, or an expansion of his subscription video service on the Web. His company has been staffing up — making Web shows, some of which have little or nothing to do with Mr. Beck, and charging a monthly subscription for access to the shows. Mr. Beck also hosts a syndicated radio show in the morning. source – NYT

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Shock! Glenn Beck Out At Fox
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=3934

Glenn Beck to End Daily Fox News Program

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts. The statement did not specify an end date for the show, called “Glenn Beck,” which has been telecast at 5 p.m. on Fox News since early 2009.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have sometimes clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement. As expected, a senior Fox News executive, Joel Cheatwood, will join Mr. Beck at Mercury Radio Arts starting later this month.

The statement was briefly posted on The Blaze, a Web site owned by Mr. Beck, but it was then taken down. Representatives for Fox and Mr. Beck did not immediately explain why.

Mr. Beck is a hugely popular figure on Fox News, averaging 2.2 million viewers a night, though his ratings have fallen somewhat in the last year. He often comes under criticism for his attacks on progressives and his apocalyptic predictions.

Mr. Beck has been contemplating an exit from Fox for some time. Two of the post-Fox options he has considered, according to people who have spoken about it with him, are a partial or wholesale takeover of a cable channel, or an expansion of his subscription video service on the Web. His company has been staffing up — making Web shows, some of which have little or nothing to do with Mr. Beck, and charging a monthly subscription for access to the shows. Mr. Beck also hosts a syndicated radio show in the morning. source – NYT
I think he should take over a Cable channel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »
I'm wondering if he left himself or if the network is kicking him off.  Wherever he goes, probably many Fox viewers will follow.  I hope he starts a channel that is further right of Fox News where they would actually interview people like Chaim.

The chances of him starting another network is like one of us winning the lottery.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »
The chances of him starting another network is like one of us winning the lottery.
Yes, I agree... I think he is going to take a more activist roll.... I think he will have his websites and syndicated radio programs but I think this is a setback for Beck...He is just trying to keep moving forward under trying conditions.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
I couldnt help but notice, his last few telecasts have been more and more pro-Israel.   And lets not forget, Fox is now nearly half Saudi owned.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜