Author Topic: Shifra Hoffman Considers Rabbi Kahane a modern Prophet  (Read 654 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shifra Hoffman Considers Rabbi Kahane a modern Prophet
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:35 AM »
I often listen to Tamar Yonahs radio show on Arutz Sheva. One of her esteemed guests is a woman named Shifra Hoffman. As I have listened to her over the years I have come to realize she is a Kahanist. On the show I listened to today she said that she considered Rabbi Kahane to be a prophet comparable to Yermiyahu. Shifra knew Rabbi Kahane personally and she worked for him on some Jewish Aliyah projects. Tamar and Shifra both repeatedly compare Rabbi Kahane to the prophet Yermiyahu.

I personally have said that I consider Rabbi Kahane to have been a modern prophet. Whenever I see his speeches and read his writings I can see that he grasped the situation of world Jewry in relation to Torah and the prophets and tried his hardest to relate this to the Jewish people. Just like the prophets in Tanakh the Jews were arrogant and ignored the Tzadik even in light of awesome miracles such as the Six Day war. Tamar and Shifra point out that Hashem is shielding the Jewish people in the land from the recent missile, rocket, and mortar barrages. I think that this is true that Hashem, in his overflowing love of the Jewish people, even in their fallen status, he is protecting the Jews in Israel from destruction.

How many rockets and missiles have fallen in the last month? I think I have heard between 50-100 missiles in a month, maybe more. Thank Hashem, may his blessing be sustained, that he has prevented massive death and destruction. I believe that one 17 year old is in critical condition due to the rocket attack on the school bus... May he have a complete healing.

Listen to Tamars show @ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3048

Tamar bemoans the weak response of the government regarding the barrage  of flying bomb attacks against Israel, and says what the IDF needs to do to finally win this war that has been launched against us.  Plus:  How do you honor your deceased loved ones?  A great new book is out of short and inspiring stories on Jews who had to say the Kaddish' prayer, come what may.  How did they do it while traveling?  How did they do it when they had to beat sunset?  If you like chicken-soup type books, you will LOVE "Living Kaddish " and the stories that make you laugh and cry.  Tamar speaks with the author, Rabbi Gedalia Zweig as he tells her why he wrote the book and goes over some of the stories you will be reading!  Click HERE.  Makes a great condolence gift for those who are saying Kaddish or need some encouragement to honor their loved ones.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Shifra Hoffman Considers Rabbi Kahane a modern Prophet
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:44:24 AM »
I often listen to Tamar Yonahs radio show on Arutz Sheva. One of her esteemed guests is a woman named Shifra Hoffman. As I have listened to her over the years I have come to realize she is a Kahanist. On the show I listened to today she said that she considered Rabbi Kahane to be a prophet comparable to Yermiyahu. Shifra knew Rabbi Kahane personally and she worked for him on some Jewish Aliyah projects. Tamar and Shifra both repeatedly compare Rabbi Kahane to the prophet Yermiyahu.

I personally have said that I consider Rabbi Kahane to have been a modern prophet. Whenever I see his speeches and read his writings I can see that he grasped the situation of world Jewry in relation to Torah and the prophets and tried his hardest to relate this to the Jewish people. Just like the prophets in Tanakh the Jews were arrogant and ignored the Tzadik even in light of awesome miracles such as the Six Day war. Tamar and Shifra point out that Hashem is shielding the Jewish people in the land from the recent missile, rocket, and mortar barrages. I think that this is true that Hashem, in his overflowing love of the Jewish people, even in their fallen status, he is protecting the Jews in Israel from destruction.

How many rockets and missiles have fallen in the last month? I think I have heard between 50-100 missiles in a month, maybe more. Thank Hashem, may his blessing be sustained, that he has prevented massive death and destruction. I believe that one 17 year old is in critical condition due to the rocket attack on the school bus... May he have a complete healing.

Listen to Tamars show @ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3048

Thanks for the link!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
too bad his life was cut short..such a marvelous human being...

but we shouldn't just rely and wish...we all can be a Rabbi Kahane..or at least an aspect of him.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
That is a great program.