Author Topic: I love Breslov  (Read 779 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I love Breslov
« on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:11 PM »
In what may be my last post before the final days of Pesach let me just say that I am very upset that a Breslever was murdered while attempting to pray at a very holy site in Israel. These Jews are very pure souls and they do not have bad intention. They try to spread happiness and joy through Torah observance and I think it is cruel that one was so callously murdered this weekend.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I love Breslov
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
Rabbi Brody is Breslov:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
It is one of the commands from the Torah concerning the corners of the beard. We read it in Parasha Kedoshim:

Leviticus 19
27. You shall not round off the corner of your head, and you shall not destroy the edge of your beard.

This is interpreted by many to be the basis for growing peyos, letting the side-curls grow. I myself have grown peyos also...

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

I love them too. I value their humanism, their emphasis on sincerity and joy.
Hasidic tales in general, whether Breslov or other Hasidic movements, are a wonderful source of wisdom.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »
I found the following truthful comment on http://www.nanach.net/ :

"The Palestinian police murdered at least one Israeli this morning not far from the Holy Tomb of Yosef Hatzadik. May H"Y console his family (wife and 4 children, parents etc.) and the rest of Israel who will suffer his loss. May his death ameliorate all judgement from the Jews.

Let it be clear that in my humble opinion his death and the injuries of all involved are very much due to their following a certain rabbi who encourages insanity. It is well known and established that the palestinians murder unarmed civilians when ever they get the chance, yet this group, under the influence of their rabbi relies on miracles (which is against our Sages who taught that one should never really on miracles). True Breslovers don't follow the meforsumim (famous) rabbis of today, God forbid! True Breslovers believe in the Petek and Saba who said that one should definitely not risk his life to go visit the Holy Tomb of Yosef Hatzadik. It is true that there are thousands of miracles, (and I know personally someone who walked there on foot and would have returned safely, but was arrested and fined 1500 shekel), just as there are on a daily basis from all the mortars that the arabs rain down on Israel - which only catch the public interest when 1 in about 1000 actually does serious damage. But that 1, who cares in how many, is much too precious to be lost. The Zohar asks how Kaleb risked his life to go to Chevron to visit the Patriarchs, and answers that one who is very caught up in the turmoils of his soul doesn't pay much attention to the obstacles on the way to Tzadik. This however is definitely not the case today when one can go safely to Rabbi Nachman in Uman (may we merit to see his Holy Tomb moved to Jerusalem in the very near future) the Patriarchs and Rashbi and many other Tzadikim and even to Yosef Hatzadik in a safe fashion.

May H"Y have great mercy and compassion on His chosen people and on the whole world and console us. "