Author Topic: Ron Paul: “I don’t believe for a minute that the religion of Islam is our enemy.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
http://dariaanne.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/ron-paul-i-dont-believe-for-a-minute-that-the-religion-of-islam-is-our-enemy/

As if we needed anymore proof of Ron Paul’s anti-American treachery — and no, I am not speaking of his inclusion in the Democrats’ list of favorite Republicans (though it’s also quite telling), — he’s finally waded into the Ground Zero mosque controversy where — unsurprisingly — he’s chalked it all up to yet another conspiracy theory, fomented by those war-lovin’ neo-cons:

“I think it’s a big distraction, a grand distraction from the real issues… To me it should have been a grand opportunity, and you really touched on the opportunity, because it’s really a property rights issue, and who owns the property? And it’s also a civil liberties issue. It’s a freedom of speech issue… Property rights and civil rights are one and the same… drives the neo-cons nuts… I don’t believe for a minute that the, quote, religion of Islam is our enemy.”

Really, Ron? And I suppose Al-Qaeda is just a CIA fantasy, too?

For the record, the majority of Americans and politicians who oppose the mosque fully understand the constitutional right to build it. Then again, most of us also understand that Islam is a strident political ideology wrapped up in the cloak of religion, and that jihadists committed an act of war against the United States on September 11, 2001 — not the United States government — all in the name of Islam. Further, understanding the history of Cordoba, we are cognizant of the fact that such a mosque is nothing short of a monument to their bloody victory over the “Great Satan” and 3,000 of its citizens on 9/11.

I  know its tough for you libertarians — much like your foreign policy kindred spirits, liberals — to place a moral judgment on anything, but out of respect for 9/11′s grieving families, it would be nice if you’d grant them some deference on this emotionally supercharged, morally reprehensible issue. It would also be refreshing if you’d actually give your country the benefit of the doubt, instead of blaming it for the existence of a so-called religion that preaches death to infidels, practices pedophilia, commits unspeakable crimes against women, and actively engages in a worldwide, genocidal movement with the ultimate goal of imposing a worldwide Muslim Caliphate.

In short, since you’re so fond of conspiracy theories, maybe you can believe in one that’s actually true: Global Jihad. Then temper your constitutional remarks about the Ground Zero mosque with some intelligence and real compassion for your own countrymen — especially those who lost everything on 9/11.

Update 2: Here’s a great post from Ron Williams on why Ron Paul should never be president.

Update 3: Separated at birth? Hmmm. ;)