Author Topic: "The war on terrorism isn't a war on Islam"?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
"The war on terrorism isn't a war on Islam"?
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
Hey jtfers, help me please.

As everyone knows Obama claimed the phrase in my topic after reporting the death of Bin Laden. My question is: What religion are the terrorists? I hate to tell you Ayatollah Obama, but this IS A WAR ON ISLAM, you moron!!!!!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: "The war on terrorism isn't a war on Islam"?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »
 :o

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
Terrorism is a tactic. Why would you fight a war against a tactic?

The equivalent would be fighting a war against the "blitzkriegers" in WWII rather than fighting the Nazis.

This should be a war on Islam!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
Here is an example for Danielboy about his hero distorting reality to defend his beloved muslims.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
I agree that a war on terrorism is a stupid war... Anyone can call anything 'terrorism' as it is a tactic, and not something which can be defeated.

I agree that it is best described as a "War On Islam" because Islam is the ideology which is our enemy. Islam has established itself as a clear and present danger to the American way of life.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
Here is an example for Danielboy about his hero distorting reality to defend his beloved muslims.

So Obama killing Osama was just an act of taqiyah. Trust me, I get it, even if I don't agree with it!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
So Obama killing Osama was just an act of taqiyah. Trust me, I get it, even if I don't agree with it!

It's not that killing him was an act of taqiya, it's that certain muslim terrorists are over the line, (like osama, so he killed him), but certain muslim terrorists (and certain groups) are coddled and helped (see Fatah and Hamas, Hezbollah, the Egyptian nazis, and others).   And they are helped because he wishes to sick the dogs on the Jews of Israel more than anything.   And supposedly following muslim tradition to have him buried right away, again kissing up to the world's muslims.   Meanwhile they are against the fact that he even killed bin laden, but obama is taking an "Israeli approach."  He wants to be the "polite criminal."     Sure he's killing bin laden, but look he respects islam while he does it, it was only strictly business because of 9/11.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »
Btw, you shouldn't put words in other people's mouths and assume you know what everyone else thinks.   It's really arrogant.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »
Just for argument's sake:  If every muslim died tomorrow, terrorism in the world (99.9% of it anyhow) would be over.  Am I being naive?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
Btw, you shouldn't put words in other people's mouths and assume you know what everyone else thinks.   It's really arrogant.

When have I ever done this?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »
It's not that killing him was an act of taqiya, it's that certain muslim terrorists are over the line, (like osama, so he killed him), but certain muslim terrorists (and certain groups) are coddled and helped (see Fatah and Hamas, Hezbollah, the Egyptian nazis, and others).   And they are helped because he wishes to sick the dogs on the Jews of Israel more than anything.   And supposedly following muslim tradition to have him buried right away, again kissing up to the world's muslims.   Meanwhile they are against the fact that he even killed bin laden, but obama is taking an "Israeli approach."  He wants to be the "polite criminal."     Sure he's killing bin laden, but look he respects islam while he does it, it was only strictly business because of 9/11.

Any other president who would be in power right now would have done the same exact thing or respecting Islam while condemning Bin Laden. Bush did the same exact thing after 9/11.

I don't disagree with you that he's coddling these terrorist organizations. But how is that any different from all the other previous presidents? So my question again is, what has Obama done that has made him MORE anti-Israel than any previous president? Or should I phrase it, how have the previous presidents been LESS anti-Israel than Obama?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »

Oh, and by the way, you want to talk about arrogance. I was merely responding to your arrogance of referring to me as "danielboy", so come one now. You engage in that type of arrogance and then accuse me of being arrogant when I reply in kind? Let's at least be consistent!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »
Any other president who would be in power right now would have done the same exact thing or respecting Islam while condemning Bin Laden. Bush did the same exact thing after 9/11.

I don't disagree with you that he's coddling these terrorist organizations. But how is that any different from all the other previous presidents? So my question again is, what has Obama done that has made him MORE anti-Israel than any previous president? Or should I phrase it, how have the previous presidents been LESS anti-Israel than Obama?

Didn't you read my post? Obama is THE ONE who imposed a BUILDING FREEZE on Israel which was not even asked for by the arabs. NO OTHER AMERICAN PRESIDENT treated Israel like that.... NO OTHER!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »
Didn't you read my post? Obama is THE ONE who imposed a BUILDING FREEZE on Israel which was not even asked for by the arabs. NO OTHER AMERICAN PRESIDENT treated Israel like that.... NO OTHER!

Okay, thanks for answering my question. It was my understanding that previous presidents spoke out against Israeli settlements as well. In my view, Carter is the most anti-Israel president. I'm not disagreeing about Obama, just a debate as to which president has the greatest "degree" of anti-Israel sentiment.

On another matter, what about when Obama wore a kippah and went to the Western Wall? I can understand if many or all of you think that this was all an act of taqiyah and that he really doesn't harbor any positive feelings that he was trying to convey here. But why is it that Chaim and the rest of you haven't even mentioned that Obama did this?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:47:07 PM »
Okay, thanks for answering my question. It was my understanding that previous presidents spoke out against Israeli settlements as well. In my view, Carter is the most anti-Israel president. I'm not disagreeing about Obama, just a debate as to which president has the greatest "degree" of anti-Israel sentiment.

On another matter, what about when Obama wore a kippah and went to the Western Wall? I can understand if many or all of you think that this was all an act of taqiyah and that he really doesn't harbor any positive feelings that he was trying to convey here. But why is it that Chaim and the rest of you haven't even mentioned that Obama did this?

I'll answer it like this:  A lot of self hating Jews wear the Kippa everyday all the time. It doesn't necessarily make them good Jews.
A person who might not necessarily agree with a certain culture that requires taking off shoes, might still take off his shoes out of respect.  So the same goes when a gentile that doesn't care for Judaism might wear a kippa out of respect.  Obama would have been done to not wear one when he was supposed to.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:41:11 AM »
When have I ever done this?

Read the sentence of yours that I quoted.   You get "it" even though you don't agree with "it,"  but I never said "it" - you did.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 01:42:54 AM »
Oh, and by the way, you want to talk about arrogance. I was merely responding to your arrogance of referring to me as "danielboy", so come one now. You engage in that type of arrogance and then accuse me of being arrogant when I reply in kind? Let's at least be consistent!

I don't believe calling you danielboy is arrogant, but hey if you think so, great.  At least you admit (albeit with a supposed excuse) to being arrogant in response, and therefore I don't have to sit through the "how dare you name-call me" finger-wagging routine instead.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »

Muman stated a fact and you ignored it.  

LOL, Obama wore a kippa at the wall?  Shimon peres wears a kippa at yad vashem, and he orchestrated oslo.  Don't insult our intelligence here.    Why would a kippa on someone's head make them a person who therefore supports Jews?     He has a big black kippa on his head while he demands a construction freeze even in already existing settlements...   That's like a Hitler supporter putting a kippa on his head.    Are we supposed to be stupid and lulled to sleep like zombies over a decorative skullcap?    

Someone would have to have really low intelligence to think that when a person wears a kippa on his head for a moment or two (or even for a really long time), it qualifies them as an official lover and supporter of Jews and ally to the jewish people.

"OH MAWTY, Ya seeee... he likes us, He really LIKES US"