Author Topic: Self-hating liberal Jews dont like celebrating Bin Laden's death  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
i work in manhattan and hearing a lot of opinions from my Jewish co-workers (i am not Jewish) but it seems these liberals are feeling embarassed about how Americans have acted (celebrating in the streets about Obama Bin Laden's death)

No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Self-hating liberal Jews dont like celebrating Bin Laden's death
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »
i work in manhattan and hearing a lot of opinions from my Jewish co-workers (i am not Jewish) but it seems these liberals are feeling embarassed about how Americans have acted (celebrating in the streets about Obama Bin Laden's death)

It is bittersweet... I am a victim of 9/11 because my brother died in the WTC tower #1 on the 105th floor {he worked for Cantor Fitzgerald}...

Initially when I heard the news I was ecstatic. But over the evening I started to feel a little depressed. It brings back many bad memories and in a way I was fearful about possible reprisal attacks. I still feel a little off today because of this news. It doesn't help with all the doubt being put out there whether he really is dead or not... I am a bit suspicious myself but when I think about it I get a headache...

I don't think this gives us closure... The news has been talking about closure all weekend since this event.. I spoke with my mother, and my step-mother about this an nobody is talking about closure. We just really wanted to see justice done...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 06:57:36 PM »
I don't see how there could possibly be closure with the way he was so painlessly dispatched if indeed he did die when they said he did. Plus with the fact that another powerful Muslim, Obama, is being empowered by this, I'm sure that doesn't help any.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
I will likely not celebrate during my lifetime. I will only celebrate once the entire rats-nest of Islam has been destroyed. And I believe it will happen, but not during my lifetime....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:27:57 PM »
[pruneface voice] you people are sick! it is no right to celebrate the death of a fellow human being! you are just as bad as the terrorists you nazis!! [/pruneface voice]

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
Jews are the only people in the world who have a problem with being happy when evil scum hits the bucket

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
The issue to me is not whether to celebrate the defeat of the evil. The problem is that it has become such a divisive issue that has spawned all kinds of conspiracies. It would be nice if there was 100% proof that he was killed. But to be told he was killed and then to wake up the next day and hear that 'his body' was dumped in the ocean just doesn't give me the impression that it was important to prove that it was really him.

I am just upset because it is hard to celebrate something like this when you have lost a loved one. It is even harder when we don't know if this is just a cruel election-year trick used by obama.

But if he is dead there is no reason to not be happy. It doesn't bring back those who have been killed, but it does show that there is justice in the world. A world without justice is a world which is not worthy to live in.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
I'm a liberal Jew and I am absolutely LOVING celebrating Bin Laden's death! I stopped by ground zero yesterday. I am having an absolute blast posting endless Bin Laden jokes on Facebook. I've been feeling absolutely wonderful these past couple of days that we finally got our biggest enemy and that he is finally gone!

Regardless of our political and religious differences, this is one area that we should all agree that we are ecstatic about!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »
Here's one facebook response to the celebrations of Osama's death:

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."~Martin Luther King, Jr

This person is a flower girl from LA LA land....Ignorance sure is bliss.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
I think this piece from Aish.com explains very well why a Jew should rejoice in the death of an enemy which has been tormenting us. It is 100% OK for a Jew to rejoice in the death of a nazi. It is 100% OK for a Jew to rejoice in the death of a terrorist. It is 100% OK for me to rejoice in the death of a man who was responsible for the murder of my brother. I have been told this by several Rabbis, and this piece from Aish.com explains why this is the case, even while some will claim that we should not rejoice {as I have several times said that there is reason to refrain from rejoicing}.

It all boils down to whether the person rejoicing has personally suffered at the hands of the evil which has been destroyed. Because the Jews were persecuted by the Mitzrim {Egyptians} it was 100% OK for them to sing at the sea when the dead egyptians were spit out of the sea. But the angels were told not to sing, and not to rejoice because they did not suffer at the hands of the wicked egyptians.

But I have suffered personally at the hands of the wicked osama. My family has suffered immense loss because my brother was killed. His two children are fatherless and they will never know their father... I will rejoice in the death of OBL till my dying day. But I rejoice mainly because it is a sign to me that Justice will be done, albeit slowly, but justice will be done...

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/When_Evil_Falls.html

When Evil Falls
by Mrs. Lori Palatnik

Is it proper to celebrate Osama Bin Laden's death?

As soon as I heard the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed, I posted this wonderful news on my Facebook page as I waited to hear President Obama’s live announcement.

I immediately received many “likes” and comments of celebration. But one of my “friends” posted his displeasure that we were celebrating the death of someone. He quoted that when the sea engulfed and killed the Egyptians, God quieted the angels and told them not to cheer their death, that this was not something to celebrate.

Indeed, when the sea miraculously split, the seabed turned dry and the Jewish people walked safely to the other side. They then turned to watch the death of their enemy, as the now muddy seabed caught the Egyptian horses and chariot wheels.

The Jewish people broke into song, called “The Song of the Sea.” Miriam, with musical instruments, took the Jewish women aside and danced and sang in praise of God. And we are told that in heaven, the angels also broke into song. But the Almighty chastised the angels and said, “How can you sing when my people are dying?”

Several questions arise. Why would God tell the angels not to celebrate and yet allow the Jews to sing? And God’s people were dying because He himself killed them!

What God is saying to the angels is that this is not a happy day for Him. He did not create the Egyptians for evil, but they chose evil, and now evil had to be wiped out. But the Jewish people had suffered at the hand of the Egyptians and they not only had the right to celebrate, they must celebrate.

The Shabbat before Purim is called Parshat Zachor, the Torah portion where we “remember.” What is it that we are recalling each year? Amalek, the arch enemy of the Jewish people who attacked us in the desert, and whose descendents rise in each generation to try and destroy us. Remembering Amalek fulfills one of the 613 mitzvot of the Torah. But why would we forget? Because there is a part of us that wants to rationalize evil away, and not to accept that it actually exists. We give it political reasoning or economic rationalization. But the Torah tells us that it does exist, we must not close our eyes to it, and we are to do everything that we can to eradicate it from the world.

We recently sang “V’hi sh'amda” from our haggadahs:

For not just one alone has risen against us to destroy us, but in every generation they rise against us to destroy us; and the Holy One, blessed be He, saves us from their hand!"

Mr. Yisrael Yitzhak Cohen, a special Jew who lives in Toronto and who we had the privilege of living near for many years, is a survivor of Auschwitz and Dachau. He told us dramatic and horrific stories of what he experienced. He shared with us that when the Nazis tortured them in the camps they would point their guns and shout, “Sing Jews, sing.” And “V’hi shamda” is what they sang.

As the Nazis left the camp, killing every Jew they could find on the way out, Mr. Cohen, barely a skeleton, laid down among the corpses and feigned to be dead. When the Nazis were gone, he and a friend stumbled into the kitchen, found some flour and water and began to bake it into something they could eat. As they sat on the floor waiting to remove the matzah, American soldiers entered the room. They were liberated on Passover Sheni, 29 days after Seder night.

Mr. Cohen was a man who knew evil when he saw it, and would never forget. When our second son, Moshe, was born, we asked Mr. Cohen to honor us as the sandek, to hold our son as he entered the covenant.

In havdalah we celebrate the ability to distinguish between light and darkness. In life we must know what is good and what is evil. Yes, we are commanded to remember that there is evil in the world, and not only are we allowed to celebrate when it is destroyed, we must.

As King Solomon wrote:

To every thing there is a season… A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance … A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. ~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
Posted by: muman613
Insert Quote
I think this piece from Aish.com explains very well why a Jew should rejoice in the death of an enemy which has been tormenting us. It is 100% OK for a Jew to rejoice in the death of a nazi. It is 100% OK for a Jew to rejoice in the death of a terrorist. It is 100% OK for me to rejoice in the death of a man who was responsible for the murder of my brother. I have been told this by several Rabbis, and this piece from Aish.com explains why this is the case, even while some will claim that we should not rejoice {as I have several times said that there is reason to refrain from rejoicing}.

It all boils down to whether the person rejoicing has personally suffered at the hands of the evil which has been destroyed. Because the Jews were persecuted by the Mitzrim {Egyptians} it was 100% OK for them to sing at the sea when the dead egyptians were spit out of the sea. But the angels were told not to sing, and not to rejoice because they did not suffer at the hands of the wicked egyptians.

But I have suffered personally at the hands of the wicked osama. My family has suffered immense loss because my brother was killed. His two children are fatherless and they will never know their father... I will rejoice in the death of OBL till my dying day. But I rejoice mainly because it is a sign to me that Justice will be done, albeit slowly, but justice will be done...
Well I am glad they took Bin Laden out with a few well placed head shots rather then just bombing him... He got to see who was coming for him face to face... He knew  America  finally came to demand partial payment for his crimes... G-d willing he is now paying for the remainder of his sins in a very hot place.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
As a Jew, I am happy to report that I was SO VERY ECSTATIC that they finally killed that scum slime!  My only regret is that he didn't suffer like the victims and their loved ones.  Add to that how proud I am of our military and Intel.  It was a great day for sure and I loved seeing all the spontaneous celebrations in the city streets.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
As a Jew, I am happy to report that I was SO VERY ECSTATIC that they finally killed that scum slime!  My only regret is that he didn't suffer like the victims and their loved ones.  Add to that how proud I am of our military and Intel.  It was a great day for sure and I loved seeing all the spontaneous celebrations in the city streets.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this one. I'm ecstatic that he's gone. But I only wish that he could have suffered the way he caused so many of our people to suffer. It would have been ideal to cover him up with jet fuel and set him on fire.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:13 AM »
Rabbi Kahane delves deeply in this subject about rejoicing over the downfall of the wicked in his book Ohr Haraayon.
As I understand it, G-d's ultimate ideal is that the people he created do Teshuva and repent.
The job of the Jewish people, however is to focus on the spiritual and physical benefits that the downfall of the wicked bring and to rejoice about it.
Therefore G-d, according to midrashic legend told the angels not to sing a song of praise when the Egyptians drowned at the sea. While Moshe{Moses} and Israel did sing a song of praise about this and about the other miracles that occured during the parting of the sea.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 08:41:46 AM »
I'm a liberal Jew and I am absolutely LOVING celebrating Bin Laden's death! I stopped by ground zero yesterday. I am having an absolute blast posting endless Bin Laden jokes on Facebook. I've been feeling absolutely wonderful these past couple of days that we finally got our biggest enemy and that he is finally gone!

Regardless of our political and religious differences, this is one area that we should all agree that we are ecstatic about!

Um, Daniel, you say you're a "Liberal" Jew, but your signature says "Save Israel, Save America, Save Western Civilization, Save the World"; Brother, if that is your position you're definitely not a "Liberal" in the current definition of the word, and that's a good thing. I think it's the vernacular we're tripping over here, the word "liberal" in it's classic definition means someone who values freedom and latitude of thought, for example, the founding fathers of the United States of America were TRUE liberals of their day. Today the word has lost it's meaning, it has been hijacked by the left-wing statists, and no longer means someone who values freedom, today "liberal" means Marxist, statist, leftist, Communist, "femminist" (in quotes because they are the exact opposite of anything feminine) Have you noticed that the left are always the opposite of what they call themselves? So when the left say they are "liberal" you can count on it meaning they are against freedom. Sadly, we lost a good word from the dictionary, the word liberal has lost it's true meaning, the meaning I am sure you are trying to apply to it.

As for Osama, I'm only disappointed that he wasn't captured, brought to New York, taken to the top of the Empire State Building (NY's current tallest building) set on fire and thrown off, so that he could experience true justice.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:47:21 AM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."~Martin Luther King, Jr

You know what is absolutely hilarious about that quote? It is not a quote at all! MLK never said that!
This explains:
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/out-of-osamas-death-a-fake-quotation-is-born/238220/

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »

Um, Daniel, you say you're a "Liberal" Jew, but your signature says "Save Israel, Save America, Save Western Civilization, Save the World"; Brother, if that is your position you're definitely not a "Liberal" in the current definition of the word, and that's a good thing. I think it's the vernacular we're tripping over here, the word "liberal" in it's classic definition means someone who values freedom and latitude of thought, for example, the founding fathers of the United States of America were TRUE liberals of their day. Today the word has lost it's meaning, it has been hijacked by the left-wing statists, and no longer means someone who values freedom, today "liberal" means Marxist, statist, leftist, Communist, "femminist" (in quotes because they are the exact opposite of anything feminine) Have you noticed that the left are always the opposite of what they call themselves? So when the left say they are "liberal" you can count on it meaning they are against freedom. Sadly, we lost a good word from the dictionary, the word liberal has lost it's true meaning, the meaning I am sure you are trying to apply to it.

As far as Israel goes, I have moved farther to the right as a result of the failed Oslo Accords, Camp David, Taba, withdrawal from Gaza, etc., and have seen how all of this just increases Arab violence. So I have become disillusioned and have woken up and smelled the coffee in this sense. But in just about all other issues, I consider myself a liberal and a hardcore democrat.

[/quote]
As for Osama, I'm only disappointed that he wasn't captured, brought to New York, taken to the top of the Empire State Building (NY's current tallest building) set on fire and thrown off, so that he could experience true justice.
[/quote]

I agree with this with one exception. I really wish we could have taken him to the top of the Empire State Building, poured some jet fuel all over him, set him on fire, but tied him up so that he wouldn't be able to jump off the building even if he wanted to. He would have had to stay alive and live throughout the entire torture and pain of being burned alive!

BTW, did you hear about the new drink called the Bin Laden? Two shots and a splash.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 01:58:42 AM »
"BTW, did you hear about the new drink called the Bin Laden? Two shots and a splash"
-Daniel

:::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »
I will likely not celebrate during my lifetime. I will only celebrate once the entire rats-nest of Islam has been destroyed. And I believe it will happen, but not during my lifetime....

Wise words. muman summed up how i'm feeling.

1 down.... 1.6 billion to go.