Author Topic: need help for a school project  (Read 859 times)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
need help for a school project
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
i need information on the Warsaw ghetto uprising (1943)
I also need 15 minutes worth of raw footage on it

can anyone point me to good right wing sources?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: need help for a school project
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »
Most history professors are left wing just as in the rest of academia, so it'll be hard to find any right wing sources on anything.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: need help for a school project
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
I think these articles may help you:

http://www.aish.com/ho/o/48965521.html

http://www.torah.org/features/firstperson/livingtestimony.html
It was on April 19 1943 that the Germans stormed the Warsaw ghetto. At 4 a.m. the Germans began penetrating into the enclosed ghetto area in groups of four or five. Three hours later, at seven o'clock, tanks and armored vehicles had entered the ghetto. Heavy artillery were placed outside the walls of the ghetto and formations of SS soldiers haughtily and loudly started to march into the central parts of the ghetto.

- The firing woke me up, Marek Edelman explains. But because of the chilly morning and the fact that the firing seemed to come from far off, I found no reason to get up. It was not until the next day, April 20, that the Germans penetrated our area. They advanced towards the gate of the brush-making factory, where we had placed a mine. At the very moment when the Germans reached the gate we sprang the mine. Over one hundred SS soldiers were blown up and the Germans who survived were fired at by the partisans. It was a great triumph for us. Later that evening three SS soldiers with lowered tommy guns and white armlets appeared in the ghetto. They wanted to negotiate with us, and proposed a 15-minute truce to remove the dead and the wounded and promised all inhabitants an orderly evacuation to labor camps if we surrendered. Our answer was firing. We fired with our sole machine-gun. Certainly we missed. But that was less important. The important thing was that we showed the world that we shot.

To understand the resistance of the Jewish population in the Warsaw ghetto in the spring of 1943, one has to understand what had happened before.

The Warsaw ghetto was established on October 2 1940 in order to create a totally enclosed internment area for the Jews in Warsaw. From that date it was forbidden for all Jews to leave the Jewish precincts without special permission. Those who did not obey the prohibition ran the risk of being sentenced to death. A ten-mile long and ten-foot high wall surrounded the ghetto and behind it dwelled over half a million people. The conditions in the ghetto were getting worse for every day: people were dying of starvation, diseases such as spotted fever and tuberculosis raged in an uncontrolled way, and many people had nowhere to live.

Such was life in the ghetto when the first report of the gassing of Jews reached the inhabitants in the beginning of 1941. The news was brought by three people who were to be put to death in the gas chambers in Chelmno in the north-west of Poland, but who had miraculously managed to escape. They reported that during November and December 1940, 80,000 Jews from Lodz and Pomerania had been gassed to death by the Germans. The people had been killed in a way which would later appear to be standard procedure: before the deportation the Germans had told the victims that they were being taken to a labor camp and ordered them to bring a hand luggage. Upon their arrival in Chelmno they were stripped of all their clothes and everyone was given a towel and a bar of soap, supposedly for the washing that was to follow. The real intention was withheld up to the very last minute. The victims were led into hermetically closed trucks where carbon monoxide was conveyed via the engines. Afterwards Jewish gravediggers unloaded the corpses from the trucks and buried them in the woods in the vicinity of Chelmno.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14