Author Topic: Glenn Beck to Organize Rally in Jerusalem this August  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:41:39 PM by bullcat3 »

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Glenn Beck to Organize Rally in Jerusalem this Augut
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:53:48 AM »
I would love to be there, this will be a great rally for Israel....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Glenn Beck to Organize Rally in Jerusalem this August
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
Apparently the anti-Islam pastor had a conniption fit when he heard about this.. He calls Beck a 'Cultist' and that he is betraying his messiah...

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/anti-islam-pastor-glenn-becks-israel-rally-is-a-scam-by-a-mormon-cult-member.php

Anti-Islam Pastor: Glenn Beck's Jerusalem Rally Is A 'Scam' By A 'Mormon Cult Member'

Bill Keller, an anti-Islam pastor from Florida, is highly offended that "Mormon cult member" Glenn Beck would organize a rally in Israel, calling it Beck's "latest scam on the Christian community, and an exploitation of Israel that plays on the love Christians have for the Jewish people and the land of Israel."

Beck announced on Monday that he'll be holding a "Restoring Courage" rally in Israel this August, so people can "stand together and show the world what living a life of faith and honor really means."

Keller, founder of the site Liveprayer.com (which calls itself "the first global prayer meeting"), said in a statement: "The Bible says that we are not to be bound together with unbelievers. It asks what fellowship the light has with the darkness?"

"I have challenged Beck for years to tell the truth about what his Mormon cult believes," Keller continued. "He doesn't have the guts to talk to me on air since his 'business' depends on making Biblically illiterate Christians think he is a Christian also. Beck and those in his cult can believe whatever they want. Sadly people who are hurting and spiritually void, will easily fall into the lies of his cult and lost for all eternity. All I have ever asked is that Beck and members of his cult be honest and truthful about what they believe."

The statement also proudly describes Keller as follows:

Keller, an outspoken Christian evangelist who has for decades publicly taken on the Mormon cult, specifically Presidential candidate former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney and media giant Beck, takes the evangelical position that Mormon doctrine is 100% inconsistent with Biblical Christianity and that a Mormon is no more a Christian than a Muslim is.

Keller once called Islam a "1,400-year-old lie" and "a wonderful religion... for pedophiles" and started the "9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero," in response to the Park51 Islamic Center. He explained at the time: "It's not designed to be a place where we preach against Islam, although we will preach against Islam and Mormonism and any other false religion."

He also produced the "birthermercial," which asked viewers to buy $30 "got a birth certificate?" bumper stickers.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
I think Glenn Beck said that this Pastor collaborated with the Westborough nut cult on some projects. Clearly they don't like each other.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
Anything and everything Beck will do will get certain Christians angry, because he is a Mormon.  I guess I understand that to a certain degree.  

However, saying that he is trying to scam people because he is a Mormon is very counterproductive.

Beck seems very genuine in his unwaivering support for Israel.  And just because someone follows a faith that has kooky beliefs doesnt therefore mean that he must be a lier and everything he does is disingenuous and even if he helps our cause, we must shun him.

While I also admire the Florida Pastor, I think he needs to get his priorities straight.

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
Beck has referred to people as I Am that I Am, that he cooperates with Oprah (who also says that we are gods), who cooperates with Obama (who's also made claims to deity), and that Beck was captured on a personal video the day before his last big rally bragging about how he and his wife were going to teach rabbis, pastors, and I think he also said imams, how to preach. Their interfaith movement is pushing a shared Jerusalem.   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Beck has referred to people as I Am that I Am, that he cooperates with Oprah (who also says that we are gods), who cooperates with Obama (who's also made claims to deity), and that Beck was captured on a personal video the day before his last big rally bragging about how he and his wife were going to teach rabbis, pastors, and I think he also said imams, how to preach. Their interfaith movement is pushing a shared Jerusalem.   
I have no idea what you are talking about. I heard Beck says very clearly that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and should remain united under sole Israeli control. One thing that really bugs me with Beck is that he says he has muslims friends and that muslims don't have to be "radicals" according to Islam.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »
http://www.glennbeck.com/israel/
Looks like Mr beck has booked a prime location at the southern wall of the temple mount, right beneath the al aksa abomination.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/22/beck-and-oreilly-talk-restoring-courage/

Beck @ O'Reilly's talking about the event and the Mid East.

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
this is a bigger threat than the global jihad.  Muslims 20-25% of world.  Non-Muslims 75%.  All the world comes against Jerusalem, not just the Muslims, & Beck is at the forefront of making that happen.  His right hand man David Barton has formally associated with some of the worst anti-semite white supremacists in the US.  At last year's Beck rally gathering hundreds of thousands in D.C. the masses applauded as he came right out saying the Native Americans are the chosen people.  Wake up, this guy teaches that Americans are the true Israelites, wake up!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
this is a bigger threat than the global jihad.  Muslims 20-25% of world.  Non-Muslims 75%.  All the world comes against Jerusalem, not just the Muslims, & Beck is at the forefront of making that happen.  His right hand man David Barton has formally associated with some of the worst anti-semite white supremacists in the US.  At last year's Beck rally gathering hundreds of thousands in D.C. the masses applauded as he came right out saying the Native Americans are the chosen people.  Wake up, this guy teaches that Americans are the true Israelites, wake up!
Can you back your claims with first hand evidence ?

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »
Can you back your claims with first hand evidence ?
I'm not sure what you mean or are referring to since I mentioned a few things, but probably each thing I mentioned I could just go get a video or text of his speech, maybe audio, or something like that to back up, which particular claim do you want me to back up then I'll gladly go find something & come back. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean or are referring to since I mentioned a few things, but probably each thing I mentioned I could just go get a video or text of his speech, maybe audio, or something like that to back up, which particular claim do you want me to back up then I'll gladly go find something & come back. 
I think it would be appropriate to provide video/audio/text of Beck "incriminating"  himself. Chaim Ben Pesach said recently that he basically had a positive opinion on Beck except for his uncalled for sabotage attack on Mike Huckabee. Chaim usually has excellent fake/lie detector and good memory for past misdeeds of media personal.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
This whole mormon hate thing is something a lot of Christians have to get over. I understand the fundamental religious differences but that shouldn't get in the way of supporting someone like Beck if he does something like support Israel.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »
The Coon, in the context of Beck on Israel, the Mormon part is relevant for the same reason that replacement theology and Christian Identity theology is relevant for nazis in the US, it delegitimizes Israel by saying that Americans are the real Israelis -- this affects the way people perceive Israeli land claims.  As a Zionist, yeah I have a problem with other parts of the Mormon stuff, but that's irrelevant, but having him bringing together a modern Tower of Babel to *preach* a religious message (which is exactly what last year's D.C. rally was, a religious, not political message), it's not good.  I'm gonna go find some vids per request, though that should be easy, Beck's talked of E4 in his own book, called the American Indians the chosen people in last year's rally (plus he's even pushed a fake Hebrew archaeological find allegedly in the US on his own show), had David Barton (the bridge to white supremacism) on his show tons, so this should be easy.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »
David Barton is a bit strange for sure
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
Muslims 20-25% of world.  Non-Muslims 75%.

These percentages are rapidly changing in the wrong direction. And not everyone is going to be against Israel because Glenn Beck is going to hold 1 rally there.