Author Topic: Is this ethno centric Sephardic only dating  (Read 39360 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Is this ethno centric Sephardic only dating
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
I don't agree with sites like this. It only promotes the notion that racial identity is important for Jews. A Jew is a Jew regardless of race. I'm not Jewish but I don't see a real reason for Sephardics to only marry Sephardics or Ashkenazis to only marry Ashkenazis and so on. If you're a Sephardic and only attracted to middle-eastern looking people then I suppose it's ok, but still... What is a good idea is for people to keep their cultural identity though :).

Also, this site allows you to search for male companions if you are a male and vice versa for females. This indicates they promote homosexuality as a viable alternative to real male/female relationships and marriages. Again, why make being Jewish an issue if you're gonna promote homosexuality? Seems very silly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:03:13 AM by thunderbolt »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »
Yes i agree with you
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline strangelove

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »
Yeah that doesn't make sense. Jews are Jews and should be able to marry any other Jew.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 11:16:43 AM »
This is a weird site, I've never seen anything like this.  If there was an Ashkenazi dating site, people would probably call it ethnocentric.  I think this mostly has to do with culture than ethnicity.  Believe it or not, there is a cultural difference between them and Ashkenazim.  I can sympathize with Sfaradim though because they make up a minority of American and European Jews.  It's harder for them to find partners than for Ashkenazim, so if they want to use a dating site I think that's fine.  I have no problem if a Sfardic Jew wants to marry someone who shares the same culture.  If they want to find a Sfardic mate, more power to them, at least they're dedicated to finding a Jewish parter, so that's good.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
the ownerhas his own website  http://moshe.sephardicelite.com/

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »
http://www.sephardicelite.com/   

Hello everyone,

The goal of this website is to reach out to Sephardim nation-wide. Unfortunately, Sephardim, the nobility of Jewry, have either assimilated with our inferiors or have forgotten their identity. For a long time now we have been subjected to the will of others, often hiding our proud nature and culture to "fit in" with the masses. This is no longer the case. We must arise once more and show the world our superior character, fulfilling that which Don Isaac Abravanel wrote so eloquently about. We must change our present status in society, maximizing our potential to its greatest extent. With your help all this will no longer be a dream but a reality.

“From the rising of the sun to its setting, from the north to south, there were never such a chosen people [as the Jews of Spain] in beauty and pleasantness; and afterwards, there will never be another such people..."

- Don Isaac Abravanel

this guy is a mental case
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:27:11 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »
What the heck?  The Nobility of Jewry? LOL ROFL.  Where does he get these ideas from?  He must have some sort of deep antithesis to Ashkenazim.  He's right about assimilating with their inferiors though, I would consider arabs to be inferior to Jews.  It's weird that he's advocating some type of special chosenness of the Sephardim over Ashkenazim, that's just insane.  He seems like a scam artist too with his Win 100 dollars for free website!

Woah, we can promote or denote people now, sweeet. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:37:00 AM by Z. Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 11:41:31 AM »
I think he's a lITTLE KID TRYING TO GET A DATE

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »
They have something where you can pick if you are a man or a woman seeking a man or a woman. So you have to click that you are a man and separately that you are seeking a woman. I hope that doesn't mean they have fag "dating".

lol lol lol lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »
I think I'm going to sign up and post pale Ashkenazi pictures of myself and say that I'm seeking a Sephardic woman.  Seeing a lowly peasant such as myself trying to get together with one of the "nobility of Jewry" will probably attract the scorn of the dude who made the site and all his wacky little friends.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »
THAT WOULD BE FUNNY

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 03:39:02 PM »
I actually like that their is some seperation, most of you wouldnt understand but for us it doesnt seem right that Sefardim are allways under the control of Askenazim, the Yeshiva system is just one example where we have Sefardim learning by Askenazim and never vica versa.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 03:46:32 PM »
I actually like that their is some seperation, most of you wouldnt understand but for us it doesnt seem right that Sefardim are allways under the control of Askenazim, the Yeshiva system is just one example where we have Sefardim learning by Askenazim and never vica versa.

What does it matter, as long as we're all Jews?  Ashkenazim are not in control of anything and Sfaradim aren't under any control, it's just all Jews together with one another.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
I don't like the notion of it, but who are any of us to say what Jews a Jew can and can't date?

If you don't like that dating site, don't go on there!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »
Would any of you guys think about dating or possibly procreating with an Ethiopian Jew?  Of course given that she would be an actual Jewish woman and not like many of the Ethiopians in Israel who convert to Christianity and such.  I'm asking partially because of Chaim Fan's comment about "dung covered fingers."  LOL   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 04:03:23 PM »
LOL, I didn't mean for my comment to be taken that far. It was a simple insult at Erica, to imply that she is a typical black baboon buffoon.

And for the record, I am not a Jew, but I would have no problem marrying a righteous black Christian lady who shares my views and passions.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »
I don't agree with sites like this. It only promotes the notion that racial identity is important for Jews. A Jew is a Jew regardless of race. I'm not Jewish but I don't see a real reason for Sephardics to only marry Sephardics or Ashkenazis to only marry Ashkenazis and so on. If you're a Sephardic and only attracted to middle-eastern looking people then I suppose it's ok, but still... What is a good idea is for people to keep their cultural identity though Smiley.

Thunderbolt, you are absolutely right.  Unfortunately, many Jews don't see it that way.  And I know from first hand experience, because my parents are Iranian.  They believe that marrying another Iranian Jew from the community, since they know the parents and the relatives.  They feel that with unknown Ashkenaz Jews, they don't know what they are getting. 

But it's like this with some Ashkenaz Jews as well (although to their credit, they frown upon consanguinous marriages unlike their Iranian counterparts).  For example, I have a very Middle Eastern sounding last name.  So one time as a young girl in my Hebrew school, the Rabbi (who had a German sounding last name) came up to me and rudely asked me my last name, which he then mispronounced.  When I corrected him, he even more rudely demanded to know the origin of the name. When I told him, he just walked away.

And I have another example for you.  A friend of mine had a very good childhood friend.  My friend's friend was raised by a very strict German Jewish stepfather. Anyway, this girl met a young Eastern European Jewish man, and they really liked each other.  The stepfather was horrified at this, and demanded that the girl break it off.  Now I don't know what happened with this girl, but I am told that she died in her 20's from a stroke.     

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »
MAYBE BUTTHAT YOUNG GUY RUNS IT HE MUST 18 PROBABLY HE'S TRYING TO MEET A GIRL..IT'S FREE TO JOIN.THE SITE JDATE CHARGES I NEVER KNEW THERE WERE GAYS ON THE SITE JUST LEFTISTS.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
I wonder if the site would allow people who are part Sfardic and part Ashekenazic like myself and Chaim.

If your part Sefardi then your Sefardi becuase the Sefardic genes are the more dominant ones. (just kidding).

Lisa- stay with your own kind, I mean it. going for people with other cultures is difficult and hard to ajust, remember its not only you marrying your husband, your family also has to get along with him. Why would you want an Askenazi guy when their are many Persian Jewish men availabe.  I personally would only go for a Bukharian Jewish girl, or a culturally Sefardic girl, and mayyyybe an askenazi girl if she is extremly attractive and overall a success (as if that type would go for me, but you never know)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »
I think i'm going to join and say i'm a Jew from Rawanda and sefardic and post a picture of Idi Amin

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
Would any of you guys think about dating or possibly procreating with an Ethiopian Jew?  Of course given that she would be an actual Jewish woman and not like many of the Ethiopians in Israel who convert to Christianity and such.  I'm asking partially because of Chaim Fan's comment about "dung covered fingers."  LOL   

I wouldn't. I'm only attracted to white women.

White to you is Caucasiod, since many Shepardim are dark skined.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 05:40:20 PM »
How about if you daven nusach sfard

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »
I think i'm going to join and say i'm a Jew from Rawanda and sefardic and post a picture of Idi Amin

You mean Uganda!

Your right Uganda, i'm going to do it ,they ask for the Rabbi of your shul the rabbi of my shul is Sefardic :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 05:57:20 PM »
Is it an Orthodox site?

They ask for the Rabbi of your Shul so maybe

Shot at 2010-01-03