Author Topic: Why do Jewish Leaders openly admit defeat?  (Read 286 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Why do Jewish Leaders openly admit defeat?
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
This only emboldens our enemies. What ever happened to the idea that 'Loose Lips sink Ships'? This report I read on Arutz Sheva, while at first glance seems innocent, reveals that the IDF is completely unable to locate our Soldier Gilad Shalit. While I would have assumed this is the case otherwise we would have redeemed him already I wonder what the point of announcing this in a public forum and repeating it in the media is. Any enemy reading this must be thrilled that their plan is working as intended.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/144488

Former IDF Chief: 'I Failed' to Find Gilad Shalit
Iyar 21, 5771, 25 May 11 10:23
by Chana Ya'ar

(Israelnationalnews.com) Former IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi told an academic audience Wednesday that he had “failed” in his task of finding kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit.

The young staff sergeant has been held hostage since June 2006 when he was abducted from an IDF outpost near the Kerem Shalom crossing with Gaza.

Shalit was kidnapped by members of Hamas, the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) and the Army of Islam terrorist groups. The latter, headed by the Doghmush clan, has been linked to the international Al Qaeda terrorist organization, which has infiltrated Gaza.

Ashkenazi explained during an address at a business forum at Bar Ilan University, where he was awarded an honorary doctorate, that Hamas is hiding the young soldier in a way “that makes it almost impossible” for the IDF to find him.

“We do not know where he is,” Ashkenazi said.

“It must be admitted that we cannot use military force to release Shalit... It is my dream to see a helicopter landing at the Erez Crossing with [him] and I phone his parents to inform him that we have freed him,” Ashkenazi confided.

The former IDF chief said that if a military option could not be found to free the captive soldier, then Israel would have to admit that "a reasonable price" would have to be paid. 
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14