Author Topic: Was Weiner Ashamed of showing his face at Israel Parade?  (Read 348 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Was Weiner Ashamed of showing his face at Israel Parade?
« on: June 05, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
This Weiner character {whom I don't really know much about} seems to be making bad news recently. Today he is in the news for missing the Israel Parade...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/05/rep-weiner-a-notable-no-show-at-ny-celebrate-israel-parade/

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — One notable no-show to Sunday’s Celebrate Israel Parade on Fifth Avenue was Congressman Anthony Weiner, whose absence apparently did not sit will with a top U.S. senator.

The New York representative’s Twitter scandal was the talk of the day, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

It’s one of the biggest parades in New York City, full of flags, floats, Jewish pride, and politicians who attend to show their solidarity with the state of Israel.

However, Congressman Anthony Weiner, who has been marching in the parade since he arrived on the New York political scene as a city councilman in 1992, was marked absent.

The lewd photo sent from Weiner’s Twitter account appeared to keep him in hiding, which didn’t sit well with New Jersey Sen. Frank Lautenberg.

“I’d like to see him here,” Sen. Lautenberg said. “He cares about Israel, very active in the Jewish community, and he ought to be here.”

Before the parade, there was the annual Metropolitan Council of Jewish Poverty legislative breakfast, where the so-called “Weinergate” controversy was a looming topic.

Weiner had attended the breakfast every year for the last two decades, and on Friday he had said he would attend – but on Sunday, he was a no-show.

Even though Weiner ducked the breakfast, his ears must have been burning with lingering questions about the controversy. Some are unsatisfied with the congressman’s assertion that he can’t say “with certitude” that the Twitter picture of bulging boxer briefs was him or not.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: Was Weiner Ashamed of showing his face at Israel Parade?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:57:12 PM »
What's the difference? He married a terrorist, so I think we all know what way he is swinging in the pre-1967 borders debate.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen him march
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
I read that he usually does attend, and before the twittergate scandal, he was planning to attend and scheduled to march  in the parade.   Then people weren't sure if he'd keep his commitment after the scandal.  Now he didn't show! 

What a putz.