Author Topic: Agudath Israel Takes Bold Position - Stands against Homo 'marriage'  (Read 525 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
It is good to read stories where Jewish organizations are actually standing up against the immorality which seems to have taken hold in our government. The fact that states are now rallying for 'homosexual marriage' is sickness taken to the ultimate degree. A system of government should attempt to set moral standards and not lower the bar to allow all kinds of perversions to run rampant... It is very important for Jewish organizations to stand up for Hashem and his honor and point out the immorality which 'same-sex homo marriages' represent.

http://origin.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2011/06/agudath-israel-of-america-goes-into-overdrive-to-stop-new-york-same-sex-marria

Agudath Israel Of America Goes Into Overdrive To Stop New York Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
BY Celeste Katz

I've had plenty on the blog today about Archbishop Timothy Dolan and the NYS Catholic Conference pushing back against what seems to be the state Senate GOP's inching toward legalization of gay marriage, but Christians aren't the only ones getting in on this act.

agudath israel.jpgAgudath Israel Of America, an umbrella group representing many Hasidic Jews, blasted out an "urgent legislative alert" about the New York marriage bill a short time ago, signed by Rabbi Chaim Dovid Zwiebel, executive vice president and Rabbi Shmuel Lefkowitz, vice president for community services:

"It now appears that the New York State Legislature is poised to vote, probably this week, on a bill that would legalize same-gender marriage.  This bill is both morally and legally unacceptable, and could lead to serious negative consequences.  Several Agudath Israel askonim are currently in Albany, conveying these concerns to key legislators, but it is important that Albany hears from our grassroots constituency as well.

"The battleground for this legislation is likely to be in the New York State Senate.  We therefore urge you to take a minute right now and:

"1. Call your State Senator and leave the message that you are deeply opposed to legalizing same-gender marriage and will be watching to see how the Senator votes on this important issue.  To be connected to your State Senator, or if you don't know who your State Senator is, call the Senate operator at 518-455-2800.   

"2.  Call Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos (518-455-3171), and leave the message that, as leader of the Republican majority in the State Senate, he should make every effort to ensure that the Senate continues to stand firm against same-gender marriage.

"Together, with Hashem's help, we can still help defeat this pernicious legislation."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Agudath Israel Takes Bold Position - Stands against Homo 'marriage'
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
What would be really bold would be if.... I'm not even going to say it, what a chillul Hashem.  I'm just not even going to say it.   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:12:20 AM »
What would be really bold would be if.... I'm not even going to say it, what a chillul Hashem.  I'm just not even going to say it.   

I hope I know what you mean... But I can only guess...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:25 PM »
I hope I know what you mean... But I can only guess...

The truly sad thing is is that there are too many possibilities!   Whichever one you're guessing it's probably one of them.