Author Topic: Fred Rogers a communist?  (Read 5722 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Fred Rogers a communist?
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers

Do you think Mister Rogers was a communist?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Fred Rogers a communist?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »
It would have never crossed my mind as a kid or adult.

But you know who is one? Obama.  So the person claiming mr rogers was a communist is missing the bigger more important picture.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
A lot of media personalities have left wing leanings.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
I think this stinks. Mr Rogers was a very kind and caring man. Why someone wants to tarnish his good image is sick to me...

And I strongly disagree that Mr Rogers was a communist. He did an excellent job of teaching children to get along with each other. Something I am afraid that educators today do not spend enough time working for.

There is nothing wrong with children sharing and caring for each other. That is not communism... It is called Derech Eretz, or common sense...

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Main article: Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood began airing in 1968 and ran for 895 episodes; the last set of new episodes was taped in December 2000 and began airing in August 2001. At its peak, in 1985, 8% of U.S households tuned in to the show.[5]

Each episode began the same way: Mister Rogers is seen coming home, singing his theme song "Won't You Be My Neighbor?", and changing into sneakers and a zippered cardigan sweater.
    In a typical episode, Rogers might have an earnest conversation with his television audience, interact with live guests, take a field trip to such places as a bakery or a music store, or watch a short film.
    Typical video subjects included demonstrations of how such inanimate objects as bulldozers and crayons work or are manufactured.
    Each episode included a trip to Rogers' "Neighborhood of Make-Believe" featuring a trolley with its own chiming theme song, a castle, and the kingdom's citizens, including King Friday XIII. The subjects discussed in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe often allowed further development of themes discussed in Mister Rogers' "real" neighborhood.
    Mister Rogers often fed his fish during episodes. They were originally named Fennel and Frieda.
    Typically, each week's episode explored a major theme, such as going to school for the first time.
    Originally, most episodes ended with a song entitled "Tomorrow", and Friday episodes looked forward to the week ahead with an adapted version of "It's Such a Good Feeling." In later seasons, all episodes ended with "Feeling."

Visually, the presentation of the show was very simple, and it did not feature the animation or fast pace of other children's shows, which Rogers thought of as "bombardment".[3] Rogers also believed in not acting out a different persona on camera compared to how he acted off camera, stating that "One of the greatest gifts you can give anybody is the gift of your honest self. I also believe that kids can spot a phony a mile away."[18] Rogers composed almost all of the music on the program.[note 1] He wanted to teach children to love themselves and others, and he addressed common childhood fears with comforting songs and skits. For example, one of his famous songs explains how a child cannot be pulled down the bathtub drain because he or she will not fit. He even once took a trip to the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh to show children that a hospital is not a place to fear. During the Gulf War (1990–91), he assured his audience that all children in the neighborhood would be well cared for and asked parents to promise to take care of their own children. The message was aired again by PBS during the media storm that preceded the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

PS: I was a great fan of Mr Rogers neighborhood when I was a child... Don't mess with Mr. Rogers..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »
I watched the show too when I was little and enjoyed it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
Actually I believe Fred Rogers was  closet Kahanist...

:P
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fredrogers/a/mr_rogers.htm

Dear Urban Legends:

I've been listening to the radio today, and a couple of speakers made mention of the "fact" that Mr. Rogers was a Marine sharpshooter; some even said he's supposed to have had something like 150 "kills" in the Vietnam War. I don't think that can be true, because I think he was on TV during the war — in any case, he would have likely been too old to serve in Vietnam.

I was wondering if you'd heard the story, whether it — or any part of it — was true.

Dear Reader:

Unless all the biographical information we have about him is wrong, Fred McFeely Rogers never served in the military in any capacity, let alone as a Marine Corps sniper (or Navy SEAL, as another version of this apocryphal story claims). Some cynical folks may be loathe to believe that the gentle, soft-spoken host of "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" was exactly what he seemed, but he was.

Rumors to the contrary began circulating in the early 1990s. It's unknown where, precisely, these stories originated, but around 1994 Fred Rogers' alleged military exploits became a hot topic on the Internet, and grew hotter as the decade wore on.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »
Mike, Fred Rogers himself said he didn't serve.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
Mike, Fred Rogers himself said he didn't serve.

I still fail to see where there is any proof that he was a communist. Aside from the questions from the Senate there is nothing to indicate this.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/parenting/detail?entry_id=50618

I thought after last week's excitement, it would be best to start the week with a sure-fire crowd-pleaser. Other than the stray super-troll willing to accuse Fred Rogers of being a communist (that really happened), I'm pretty sure just about everyone's blood pressure drops a little after watching a good "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" video.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:19:43 PM by muman613 »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
A lot of media personalities have left wing leanings.
Yep.