Author Topic: Any one have an I pad2 i gotmone for grad school to take notes ..bad idea?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Any good keyboards and case combos for it?..

Ps I can use it for the next ask jtf

Thanks so much in advance

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
I'm usiing it now they keyboard is Akward

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
You know what?  Maybe for the next JTF meeting, Chaim can record a show using it, if it's OK with you.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
i always thought the ipad was an oversized iphone...

did you jailbreak it?

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Yea thats what I meant. Yes I would love to help Chaim!

It is an oversize iIphone. I hacked my android , Im not to sure if there is a point to jail breaking the Ipad unless I want an ap like mame. Its really great as a reader I dled the entire Talmud! 500 bucks worth of books for 30. Whens the next meeting ? Im looking forward.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggfolio-ipad-2-keyboard-case

It's a bit pricey, but probably a worthwhile investment.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Yea thats what I meant. Yes I would love to help Chaim!

It is an oversize iIphone. I hacked my android , Im not to sure if there is a point to jail breaking the Ipad unless I want an ap like mame. Its really great as a reader I dled the entire Talmud! 500 bucks worth of books for 30. Whens the next meeting ? Im looking forward.

Why do you need an iPad if you have an Android tablet? I am still completely happy with my Xoom tablet and have found every app which I need. Do you have an android tablet or just an android phone?

I am looking at getting an external keyboard for my Xoom and this one looks nice:

http://www.fordroid.com/2011/bluetooth-qwerty-keyboard-for-motorola-xoom/

PS: Regarding your Talmud you realize that it is useless on Shabbat. Same thing with a Shabbat Siddur which I have on my Android... Using the device on Shabbat is prohibited...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Wow thank you mishmat! thats Exactly what I was looking for! , I was looking for over an hr today I never came across that , how did you look for it? I would have to get a screen protector for it the review said or it will get scratched.

I keep Shabbat do I dont use it then. I dont really learn talmud on shabbat anyway.

I have a android phone I hear the zoom is great.

I dont want a soft keyboard I rather have one that feels sturdy, sadly most have soft.

do you find the tablet usefull?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Wow thank you mishmat! thats Exactly what I was looking for! , I was looking for over an hr today I never came across that , how did you look for it? I would have to get a screen protector for it the review said or it will get scratched.

I keep Shabbat do I dont use it then. I dont really learn talmud on shabbat anyway.

I have a android phone I hear the zoom is great.

I dont want a soft keyboard I rather have one that feels sturdy, sadly most have soft.

do you find the tablet usefull?

Yes, I used to lug around a laptop and now I just carry the tablet. The Xoom has all the network support I need {I only have WiFi version so no 3G} including connecting to my desktop systems via SSH, via VNC, Remote Desktop for Windows, SFTP, FTP and virtually every protocol that I need. I also have been running a media server in my house so that I can listen to all my music {which I haven't been listening to for the last 2 weeks due to the 3 weeks} and my JTF and Israel National Radio archive from anywhere on my property. Sometimes I set up my Xoom in the backyard with a set of speakers and listen... I am not a big videogame player but I have downloaded several very good free games for the Xoom and I find them entertaining.

I think tablets are the wave of the future... But I will never give up my desktop systems...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Why do you need an iPad if you have an Android tablet? I am still completely happy with my Xoom tablet and have found every app which I need. Do you have an android tablet or just an android phone?

I am looking at getting an external keyboard for my Xoom and this one looks nice:

http://www.fordroid.com/2011/bluetooth-qwerty-keyboard-for-motorola-xoom/

PS: Regarding your Talmud you realize that it is useless on Shabbat. Same thing with a Shabbat Siddur which I have on my Android... Using the device on Shabbat is prohibited...

Geesh, and tablet with a keyboard.  Why dont they just make a thin laptop with a touchscreen.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Geesh, and tablet with a keyboard.  Why dont they just make a thin laptop with a touchscreen.

Well a keyboard would come in handy when at home and not on the go. Sometimes it is difficult to type on the virtual keyboards and I still get frustrated from time to time using them.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer

Hp slate but windows is not the best for touchscreen they say

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Torah anytime does not work with my iPad are there other sites or a way to get around that

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי

I buy merchandise from there. Mainly their line of invisibleShields for my electronics.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Torah anytime does not work with my iPad are there other sites or a way to get around that

I believe Torah anytime videos can be downloaded. If you have a video player that can handle WMV format you should be able to view them. I have been able to view them but not on the normal 'view' page which embeds in the web browser. One thing I like about Xoom Android is that it has a working Flash player that works in the web browser thus you can watch any site which uses FLV videos such as youtube and even KosherTube...

http://www.koshertube.com

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
I believe Torah anytime videos can be downloaded. If you have a video player that can handle WMV format you should be able to view them. I have been able to view them but not on the normal 'view' page which embeds in the web browser. One thing I like about Xoom Android is that it has a working Flash player that works in the web browser thus you can watch any site which uses FLV videos such as youtube and even KosherTube...

http://www.koshertube.com

yea it can but only audio the same thing with my android. Kosher tube works perfectly with a the flash player browser . I think flash is outdates and hogs alot of juice what do you think? why dont webmasters get with it.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer

they do:

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
That's an android os, have it on my phone great os