Author Topic: NYPD cop arrested for Raping woman at gunpoint  (Read 473 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
NYPD cop arrested for Raping woman at gunpoint
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
The future of American Law Enforcement!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/08/19/2011-08-19_offduty_nypd_cop_accused_of_raping_woman_at_gunpoint_police_sources.html

A drunken, off-duty cop threatened a teacher at gunpoint Friday, forced her into the backyard of an upper Manhattan building and raped her, cops said.

"Be careful. He has a gun," the 25-year-old victim told officers who responded to a 911 call from a neighbor.

Police confirmed that the suspect in the attack on the 25-year-old woman was Officer Michael Pena, 27, a 3-year NYPD veteran.

Pena was charged with rape and immediately suspended without pay.  A source said that he had an "unremarkable record" on the force, DNAinfo.com reports.

The woman was heading to work when Officer Michael Pena stopped her about 6:15 a.m. on the street in Inwood, police said.

The cop, reeking of booze and wearing a red shirt and casual clothes, asked for directions to the No. 1 train and demanded she show him the way, police said.

When she balked, he put his arm around her, opened his jacket to display his 9-mm. handgun and led her away, sources said.

"You're coming with me," he told the woman, said Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne, the NYPD's top spokesman.

"She knew he had a gun. She saw it on his hip and later in his hand."

Several blocks later, the assailant forced the woman down a driveway and behind a building on Park Terrace West, where he raped her, police said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/08/19/2011-08-19_offduty_nypd_cop_accused_of_raping_woman_at_gunpoint_police_sources.html#ixzz1Vcxl45kv

“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: NYPD cop arrested for Raping woman at gunpoint
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:40:32 AM »
The screening process that was in place for to qualify people to be police and fire fighters in recent years has been so watered down that this is what gets through... Years ago the department would have a team of people that would actually come in meet with prospective new police and put them through a grueling process designed to make any character flaws show through... If the team thought the prospect did not respond correctly they did not go any further in the hiring process... I wonder if the civil liberties organizations still allow the department to reject people on this criteria...This guy did not wakeup one morning and decide to go out and rape this is something that was there right along... I wonder how many times this guy did this before that went unreported... The sentence handed out by the courts should be for more harsh for someone like this because being put into a position of authority he should have sought help for his problem.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: NYPD cop arrested for Raping woman at gunpoint
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
Diversity at work!  >:(
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!