Author Topic: A missed opportunity  (Read 388 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
A missed opportunity
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »
   Ok. So now that the storm which the media and politicians tried to capitalize turned out to be a dud. I can't help but to think what opportunity the City of New York had with evacuations. This would have been a great opportunity to give New York's trash one way bus tickets out of the city. I know that Chaim mentioned(on an ask JTF that I asked him) that sending them to California is not right because he cares about the entire country, but bus tickets sure are a lot cheaper than plane tickets. Maybe Mexico would work. I just hate to think about what good could have been done.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: A missed opportunity
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:56:56 PM »
Chaim was right, we have enough problems here in Califormia.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
I dont agree that the storm was a 'dud'. One cannot predict what the storm will do. I thank Hashem that my parents were spared. Just spoke with my mother and step-dad and they did not see any real damage except for downed trees. They also did not lose power although 2/3 of the city they live in did lose power. And they have friends whose homes were destroyed {very expensive homes}.

Indeed the storm is already being used for political purposes. I cannot believe that I have read a headline which blames the hurricane on 'global warming'. I did some research on Hurricanes along the eastern seaboard {and I personally remember Hurricane Belle which hit CT in 1976 [I was 11 at the time]} and hurricanes are not getting stronger, they are actually getting weaker over the last 30 years. At least concerning strength of the hurricane when it came ashore in New York or New England.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
We could try crowding all these people you speak of to the most liberal tree hugging bastions such as Berkley or Cambridge.  They can just share dorm rooms with these granola eating liberal arts students who support them.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt