Author Topic: Please stay safe and check in ok?  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Please stay safe and check in ok?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »
Hardly a real Hurricane my brother didn't even know it was a Hurricane

That's good :)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Now we need a real stage 5 hurricane in egypt, iran, lebanon, and syria. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »
Now we need a real stage 5 hurricane in egypt, iran, lebanon, and syria. 

I can think of worse natural disasters but the problem is wishing anything on the region you have to be careful it doesn't also harm Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
I can think of worse natural disasters but the problem is wishing anything on the region you have to be careful it doesn't also harm Israel.

Maybe the 'Ananei HaKavod' would assist in this situation? It would certainly be miraculous if the 'Clouds of Glory' would reappear and protect Israel from the wrath of the storm...

http://www.ou.org/index.php/torah/article/rabbi_avrohom_gordimer_pesach69/
One can draw a connection between the gala march and delivery of Bikkurim and the Jew. When Hashem brought our people through the desert and into the Land, He did so with a full display of splendor and grandeur. We were enveloped by Ananei Ha-Kavod (Clouds of Glory), led by God's pillars of fire and clouds, protected from all elements in a most miraculous way, and delivered into a bounteous plain, marked by the splitting of the Jordan River and the passage of the Ark and the nation on dry land. The sheer glory of our journey was therefore akin to the radiant procession of Bikkurim, and the splendor of delivery of Bikkurim is thus a reflection of the Jews' travels upon being redeemed by God.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 11:51:31 PM »
Yes, Arksis.  Thanks for starting the thread.  Stay safe, eb22.

Thanks,  Bullcat.

While I did get a couple of inches of water filling much of my basement which I didn't expect,   all things considering this storm could have been MUCH worse.    Thankfully,  the wind was far less than the damaging wind from Hurricane Gloria in 1985.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
Muman if Israel was supernaturally protected then a moderate meteor strike in the region would do a lot of damage to the Muslims.

Some are smaller though. Realistically there could be one that's just large enough to wipe out Mecca.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »
Thank Gd things are good where I am in great neck.  Gd had mercy on much of ny in my opinion.

Glad to see that the storm didn't cause the type of damage in Great Neck that it could have potentially caused.      I agree that G-d had mercy on New York.    One thought that did come to mind is this storm was a warning for New York that Same Sex Marriage is not acceptable.

According to the LIPA outage map,   it looks like much of Great Neck,   Kings Point,   and especially Manhasset are still w/o power.    The power outages in Nassau County are very wide spread.    

http://www.lipower.org/stormcenter/outagemap.html
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 12:11:46 AM »
I think the media was blowing this storm out of proportion to get our focus off the big issues such as the debt, muslim terror and illegal immigration.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »
Muman if Israel was supernaturally protected then a moderate meteor strike in the region would do a lot of damage to the Muslims.

Some are smaller though. Realistically there could be one that's just large enough to wipe out Mecca.

I am of the belief that no matter what G-d may send to scrub the dirt from the region will not harm the good Jews of Israel. My experience is that Hashem provides cover in miraculous ways.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
I am of the belief that no matter what G-d may send to scrub the dirt from the region will not harm the good Jews of Israel. My experience is that Hashem provides cover in miraculous ways.

I hope you're right about that.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »

Alive and kicking. It hit the NYC metro area around 6am Sunday. Some flooding, but OK.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »
Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound. Thanks for checking in and letting us know.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »
Thank G-d the storm in my case was not 1/10 of what they predicted... Some high winds took out the power at 4 am on Sunday and it just came back tonight.. No damage to my property just a large mess of twigs and leaves... :)... I had stand by power but sadly the the power was not getting to all the things needed to get me on line... I really missed being on the forum... Anyway glad to see most people only had minor inconveniences as I did and that the storm was sort of a wash out.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years