Author Topic: John Cleese London is no longer an English City  (Read 769 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
John Cleese London is no longer an English City
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3791303/John-Cleese-London-is-no-longer-English-city.html   

John Cleese: London is no longer English city
Controversial ... John Cleese

By CHRIS POLLARD

Published: 03 Sep 2011
Add a comment Add a comment (136)
FAWLTY Towers legend John Cleese has come under fire after declaring: "London is no longer an English city."

The comic, 71, said that the mix of cultures had helped the capital win the 2012 Olympics.

But he added that it can be hard to find an English person and that the "parent culture has dissipated".

Cleese, who is performing in Sydney, was asked on Australian TV what he thought of last month's riots around the UK.

He replied: "I'm not sure what's going on in Britain. Let me say this, I don't know what's going on in London because London is no longer an English city.

"That's how they got the Olympics. They said, 'We're the most cosmopolitan city on Earth', but it doesn't feel English.

"I had a Californian friend come over two months ago, walk down the King's Road and say to me, 'Well, where are all the English people?'

"I love having different cultures around but when the parent culture kind of dissipates, you're left thinking, 'What's going on?' "

The Monty Python star's remarks prompted criticism from Mayor Boris Johnson, who said London's diversity should be "celebrated".

Labour's Ken Livingstone added: "To stay competitive London must be a global centre of business, culture and innovation, none of which can be achieved without people of all nations working and living here."

More than a quarter of London's population is from an ethnic minority, and there are 300 languages spoken.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: John Cleese London is no longer an English City
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
I was in London airport and saw only one white English employee.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
Enoch was right, with his speech back in the 1960s  >:(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
All diversity means to the libtards is a lack of white people. Therefore when they say diversity should be celebrated all it means is they want white people to disappear.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:03 AM »
Yip! thats it in a nutshell ! A mackie on the Liberals! Iam seriously thinking of joining the EDL :dance:

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 04:54:37 AM »
Soon no longer England will be an English land.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »
John Cheese is right. I thought John Cheese is a lib?

PS his name is actually Cheese. His father changed it to Cleese for obvious reasons.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »
John Cheese is right. I thought John Cheese is a lib?

PS his name is actually Cheese. His father changed it to Cleese for obvious reasons.

John Cleese was part of the Monty Python comedy group, which did the controversial movie "Life of Brian."  They're definitely libs to say the least.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »
John Cleese was part of the Monty Python comedy group, which did the controversial movie "Life of Brian."  They're definitely libs to say the least.

Really?  I thought it was a movie about my life?? ;D

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »
Oh no no no. 

"Life of Brian" is basically a spoof of the New Testament.  It was banned in several countries when it first came out almost 30 years ago.