Author Topic: Jerusalem 9/11 Memorial Photos  (Read 1103 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Jerusalem 9/11 Memorial Photos
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
My mother recently sent me photos of the Jerusalem 9/11 memorial taken by a friend of hers while on a vacation to Israel.

I would like to share these photos with my friends and associates here at JTF.

My brothers name appears at the lower right hand corner of the plaque which is in the 3rd-4th images above... It is hard to believe it has been ten years since my brother was murdered. May his blood be avenged!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Jerusalem 9/11 Memorial Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:24 PM »
Here is an announcement of this memorial from Arutz Sheva website:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134384#.TmAbF_S6SL8

Jerusalem Monument to 9/11 Victims Unveiled by JNF

Family members gathered in Jerusalem with dignitaries and leaders to dedicate a monument to the memory of the victims of the 9/11 terror attack.
Hana Levi Julian

First Publish: 11/12/2009

A bright blue sky could not hide the gray shadows of pain that marked the eyes of the families of the victims of the "9/11" terrorist attack that found themselves in Arazim Park in Jerusalem on Thursday. They had gathered together with international dignitaries and Israeli leaders to dedicate a new monument to the their loved ones, who lost their lives in the senseless 2001 attack on America by the Al Qaeda terrorist organization.

Designed by award-winning Israeli artist Eliezer Weishoff and commissioned by the Jewish National Fund-USA/Keren Kayemet L'Israel (JNF-USA/KKL), the memorial depicts the World Trade Center and Pentagon through sculpture and landscape architecture.

All of the buildings were attacked by Arab terrorists who hijacked commercial airliners and used them as suicide weapons, flying the planes directly into the structures. The two Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan, New York, were completely destroyed in the conflagration that followed. The Pentagon, located in Washington D.C., was damaged but not destroyed in the simultaneous multi-site attack.

A fourth airliner, aimed at the White House, was stopped from reaching its target by passengers on the plane determined to prevent the hijackers from achieving their goal. They gave their lives to attack the terrorists in their own suicide mission that led to the downing of the plane in a field in nearby Pennsylvania.

People from nations around the world lost their lives that morning, among them a number of Jews, including Israelis. Fewer Jewish New Yorkers than usual were present in the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001, however, because many had stopped on their way to work to vote in fiercely-contested local primary elections.

The 30-foot high bronze sculpture commemorating the event and honoring the memories of the victims is composed of a waving American flag transformed into a memorial flame. The monument rests on a base of gray granite, part of which comes from the original Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan, destroyed in the mammoth airliner attack eight years ago. The sculpture, which was funded by the Bronka Stavsky Rabin Weintraub Trust, is surrounded by a circular, crater-like plaza and reflection area tiled in stone.

The Jerusalem monument is one of the first major international memorials to mark the terrible event and honor the memory of its victims -- and the only site outside of New York to recognize the names of every victim of the attack.

Memorial donor and native New Yorker Edward Blank explained that he funded the project as a means of expressing the myriad conflicting feelings he struggled with after the tragedy. "My wife died just a few days before 9/11," he said, "and then the whole world was sent reeling by the events of that day. I was looking for a meritorious way to recognize the many feelings I was having, and this memorial was the perfect fit."

U.S. Ambassador to Israel James Cunningham attended the ceremony dedicating the monument, as did U.S. Congressman Erik Paulsen, who led a delegation from the United States. They were joined by Israeli Cabinet ministers, Knesset members and many families of the victims of 9/11, as well as other distinguished guests.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:37:47 PM »
Interesting photos... It is hard to believe its been 10 years... I was in a place where I could see all of the Manhattan skyline that day and all I remember is the smoke and the fighter jet flying over Manhattan after the towers went down... It was actually a day not to ever be forgotten...  It was about as close to a state of war here in New York that I would ever want to see...May your brother rest in peace...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
Interesting photos... It is hard to believe its been 10 years... I was in a place where I could see all of the Manhattan skyline that day and all I remember is the smoke and the fighter jet flying over Manhattan after the towers went down... It was actually a day not to ever be forgotten...  It was about as close to a state of war here in New York that I would ever want to see...May your brother rest in peace...

Thank you very much cjd... I appreciate that...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
Zecher Tzadik L'vracha.  And may Hashem avenge his blood.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »
At least you know that his memory is honored. I think it's horrible that 10 years later we have a Muslim president and Islam is actually growing in the USA. I just don't understand how this could be the case.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
Zecher Tzadik L'vracha.  And may Hashem avenge his blood.

Amen vi amen

May we cease the day of creating memorials and instead create victory parks.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother, Michael. May Hashem avenge his blood.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
At least you know that his memory is honored. I think it's horrible that 10 years later we have a Muslim president and Islam is actually growing in the USA. I just don't understand how this could be the case.

Because were at war against terror and not against Islam so they say.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Because were at war against terror and not against Islam so they say.

that doesn't mean we have to be pro-Islam even if that were true.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »
I also want to point out that I mourn for all the victims of the 9/11 attack. I don't often discuss it because my brothers loss was so great for me and my family. I know that my family is not the only one so brutally affected by the monstrous attack on America by the religion of hate. My life was turned around on the head of a dime after that event and I will never be the same again. I used to have a positive and hopeful outlook for the world.

Only Hashem knows why my life-path was altered and I have been placed on a path toward educating the world about the danger of islam. I have said many times that my enemy established himself as my enemy, not the other way around. I did not seek out an enemy.

Hashem wants us to rise up against these muslim monsters and destroy them, eradicate them, and bring peace to the world. There is no room in this world for hateful mongrels like true-blooded muslims are inspired to be by the koran. It is kindness to the world to remove them from our midst...