Author Topic: False Prophets Should Be Put To Death  (Read 481 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
False Prophets Should Be Put To Death
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »
This story is a good example why the Torah commands that the Jewish people stone to death a false prophet.... In this story we read about a woman who hijacks the Christian religion and causes her followers to become cult-like and ultimately her advice resulted in the death of a young child...

False prophets must be dealt with because they cause a great desecration of the name of G-d. Anyone who claims to speak in the name of G-d and their words are not true are shown to be false prophets. I will repeat the Torahs command concerning the false prophet.

http://www.aol.com/2011/09/06/ria-ramkissoon_n_950244.html?test=latestnews

BEN NUCKOLS, Associated Press

WESTMINSTER, Md. -- When Ria Ramkissoon's spiritual mentor ordered her to deny food and water to her toddler son, she didn't know what to think or do. She was paralyzed by fear and confusion.

The 19-year-old mother had been living with the woman, who called herself Queen Antoinette, for several months when Ramkissoon's son did not say "amen" before a meal one morning. That word was one of the few Javon Thompson could say at 15 months old, and Antoinette told Ramkissoon not to feed him until he said it. Like always, she cited the Bible as her authority.

In Antoinette's unusual household - which police and prosecutors later described as a cult - no one questioned her orders.

Ramkissoon thought about defying her leader, grabbing Javon and leaving the house. But she didn't think Antoinette would maliciously make up her claim that the boy was possessed by an evil spirit. And she didn't want to defy God's will, guaranteeing eternal damnation.

So she did nothing.

Nobody else in the 10-person household came to Javon's aid either. Over the next week, he whimpered and grew sluggish and sallow. By the time Antoinette relented and told Ramkissoon to feed the boy, it was too late. Javon died in his mother's arms.

Investigators discovered his body more than a year later.

Antoinette is serving a 50-year sentence for second-degree murder; her adult daughter and another follower are also in prison.

Now living in a faith-based treatment center, Ramkissoon says she knows it's difficult to comprehend how any mother could watch her son starve. She freely uses the word "crazy" to describe her actions, which were set in motion by her desire to provide a better home for her son.

"It's like it's somebody else's life, but it's not," Ramkissoon told The Associated Press in her first interview since Javon's death. "That is my life, and those are the choices that I've made and those were the fears that I dealt with, no matter how ridiculous they may be to somebody else."

For years, Ramkissoon clung to the belief that Javon would be resurrected, as Antoinette said he would. When Ramkissoon pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in death, she insisted on a provision stating that her plea would be withdrawn if Javon came back to life.

Only since her release from custody last year has she fully let go of that belief, allowing her to properly mourn the boy who would have turned 6 on Saturday.

"None of that had to happen to him. He's in a house surrounded by people who are basically doing this to him," Ramkissoon said. "I felt like if anyone had a responsibility to him there that it was me, and I basically gave that up. So yeah, that's a difficult thing. To die and to suffer in that kind of way, that's not easy to have to swallow. That's something that I'm very much responsible for, as much as anybody else."

The Torah commandments concerning the false prophet:

Deuteronomy/Devarim Chapter 13

2. If there will arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
3. and the sign or the wonder of which he spoke to you happens, [and he] says, "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them,"
4. you shall not heed the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream; for the Lord, your God, is testing you, to know whether you really love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul.
5. You shall follow the Lord, your God, fear Him, keep His commandments, heed His voice, worship Him, and cleave to Him.
6. And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: False Prophets Should Be Put To Death
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:00:01 PM »
I think some people are born submissive and if the wrong person takes advantage of that submissiveness horrible things like this can happen. That doesn't excuse the mother at all but cult leaders seek out these types of people in order to take total control of them.  I think both the cult leader and the mother should be in prison.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
I think some people are born submissive and if the wrong person takes advantage of that submissiveness horrible things like this can happen. That doesn't excuse the mother at all but cult leaders seek out these types of people in order to take total control of them.  I think both the cult leader and the mother should be in prison.

At least.... But the woman 'antoinette' really should be locked up to prevent her from leading others astray. Some people are gifted with Charisma and they misuse it and abuse their G-d-given power... People who claim to speak for G-d are usually false prophets {as Jews we don't believe anyone today has the ability of prophecy}.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
At least.... But the woman 'antoinette' really should be locked up to prevent her from leading others astray. Some people are gifted with Charisma and they misuse it and abuse their G-d-given power... People who claim to speak for G-d are usually false prophets {as Jews we don't believe anyone today has the ability of prophecy}.

Yes she should definitely be locked up or put to death for what she did to that child.