Author Topic: Off-camera confrontation captures Perry's tension with Ron Paul  (Read 865 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Off-camera confrontation captures Perry's tension with Ron Paul
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
I love these pics:   :laugh:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/8/perry-vs-paul-texas-sized-war/

SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — The scrap between Rick Perry and Mitt Romney may have gotten more attention in Wednesday’s presidential candidates debate, but it was tame compared to the dust-up between Mr. Perry and Rep. Ron Paul, two Texans who apparently have spent plenty of time digging up dirt on each other and aren’t afraid to use it.

At one point when the video cameras weren’t rolling — though the incident was caught by still photographers — Mr. Perry walked over Mr. Paul’s lectern, took hold of the congressman’s wrist and wagged his finger at him.

A spokesman for Mr. Perry said Thursday it was a policy conversation, not a heated exchange.

“The governor and the congressman talked about border security. It was a cordial conversation,” said Mark Miner.

The two Texans, though, lost few opportunities to focus on one another in the debate.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (left), former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (center) and Rep. Ron Paul, Texas Republican, talk Sept. 7, 2011, during a break at the Republican presidential candidate debate at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif. (Associated Press)Texas Gov. Rick Perry (left), former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (center) and Rep. Ron Paul, Texas Republican, talk Sept. 7, 2011, during a break at the Republican presidential candidate debate at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif. (Associated Press)

The first shot was invited by the debate moderators, who asked Mr. Paul to expand on his accusations, made in recent days, that Mr. Perry, who has spent more than a decade as governor of Texas, is less conservative than voters think.

“Just take the HPV,” Mr. Paul said, referring to Mr. Perry’s scrapped plan to require schoolgirls in the state to be given a vaccine against the sexually transmitted virus. “Forcing 12-year-old girls to take an inoculation to prevent this sexually transmitted disease, this is not good medicine, I do not believe. I think it’s social misfit.”

Mr. Perry acknowledged he’d gone about the plan the wrong way when he tried to bypass the legislature, but said he’d been trying to combat cervical cancer, which can result from HPV, and said his plan would have allowed parents to opt out of the inoculation program.

Later, after Mr. Perry criticized the health care law Mr. Romney signed in Massachusetts, Mr. Paul jumped in and said Mr. Perry should worry about his own record, since he had written “a really fancy letter supporting Hillarycare” — the health program former first lady Hillary Clinton tried to enact in the 1990s.

Mr. Perry fired back, pointing to a letter Mr. Paul wrote in 1987 announcing he was dropping out of the the party he now seeks to lead because he was disappointed in then-President Reagan.

“Speaking of letters, I was more interested in the one that you wrote to Ronald Reagan back and said I’m going to quit the party because of the things you believe in,” Mr. Perry said.

He didn’t any further before Mr. Paul insisted on responding.

“I support the message of Ronald Reagan. The message was great. But the consequence — we have to be honest with ourselves — it was not all that great,” Mr. Paul said.

The attacks kept up even during the commercial breaks — and not just on stage. Mr. Paul had paid to run an ad during the MSNBC broadcast attacking Mr. Perry, pointing to his support for Al Gore’s presidential bid in the 1980s, including twice calling the governor a “cheerleader.”

“Al Gore found a cheerleader in Texas named Rick Perry,” the ad announcer intones.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Off-camera confrontation captures Perry's tension with Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
I remember that HPV thing. That really was terrible how he tried to force that on girls. It would be one thing to promote it but he wanted to make it required. That really is big brotherish.

I'm also concerned if Perry really did support Hillarycare. Did he flip flop on that and is now against Obamacare?

No matter what Perry's still got to be our guy but I do think there were some legitimate things brought up even if we don't like the person who brought them up.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:35:42 AM »
Perry likes open borders and this is the 2nd time he's gone off the handle.The vaccine policy he he had sounds like a leftist policy
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
Perry likes open borders and this is the 2nd time he's gone off the handle.The vaccine policy he he had sounds like a leftist policy

They are all open border candidates   >:( .  Ron Paul is the worst.  His stupid ultra-libertarianism believes that the government has no rights to stop people from crossing borders.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
I don't like Perry or Paul. I mostly hate Ron Paul because of all the human excrement who support him. Another board I frequent the Ron Paul supporters were saying Perry physically assaulted "Dr. Paul" as they call him. Yeah, they call him Dr. Paul like all the nazis and kiddy-diddlers call David Duke "Dr. Duke".
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »
I don't like Perry or Paul. I mostly hate Ron Paul because of all the human excrement who support him. Another board I frequent the Ron Paul supporters were saying Perry physically assaulted "Dr. Paul" as they call him. Yeah, they call him Dr. Paul like all the nazis and kiddy-diddlers call David Duke "Dr. Duke".

He got an honorary doctorate degree Kookology

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
It would have been nice to see Rick Perry confront Ron Paul's white nationalism.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 04:38:11 PM »
No Paul is a real Medical Doctor
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
It would have been nice to see Rick Perry confront Ron Paul's white nationalism.

If he was really a WN he wouldn't be for open borders. Then again so many so-called "WN"s don't really care about that anyway.

I think a real WN should believe that white people have a right to security in their own nations but of course people like RP who the fake WNs love are against that.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
If he was really a WN he wouldn't be for open borders. Then again so many so-called "WN"s don't really care about that anyway.

I think a real WN should believe that white people have a right to security in their own nations but of course people like RP who the fake WNs love are against that.

I'm glad you mentioned that Rubystars.  I think the members here NEED to know this.

He is NOT a White advocate or Pro-white, or whatever you want to call him.  He is a Jew hater who wants open borders.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned that Rubystars.  I think the members here NEED to know this.

He is NOT a White advocate or Pro-white, or whatever you want to call him.  He is a Jew hater who wants open borders.

You're right Briann.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

You hit the nail on the head with your second sentence. We both know how many Pedofronters are in love with Iranians and Arabs and black nationalists simply because they hate Jews. Is David Duke truly a white nationalist?  ::)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
You hit the nail on the head with your second sentence. We both know how many Pedofronters are in love with Iranians and Arabs and black nationalists simply because they hate Jews. Is David Duke truly a white nationalist?  ::)

Dorothy isn't a WN because he cares more about hating Jews than helping whites.