Author Topic: My Brothers Memorial Plaque at New York 9/11 Memorial  (Read 1197 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
My Brothers Memorial Plaque at New York 9/11 Memorial
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »
I just located via the web site the location of my brothers memorial plaque in the NYC 9/11 memorial.

http://names.911memorial.org/#lang=en_US&page=person&id=2882
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: My Brothers Memorial Plaque at New York 9/11 Memorial
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »
I just located via the web site the location of my brothers memorial plaque in the NYC 9/11 memorial.

http://names.911memorial.org/#lang=en_US&page=person&id=2882
I don't know what to say
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »
I don't know what to say

Thank you... I dont know what to say either... The last few days have been very tough for me... Just now I was unable to concentrate and took a 10 minute break here at work... I don't know why my family had to lose my brother in this attack. Nobody here at work has said anything and it is very strange that I am the only one here for whom 9/11 is so personal.

I am angry and I am sad at the same time... I almost want to talk to the human resources here at work about my stress..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »
Thank you... I dont know what to say either... The last few days have been very tough for me... Just now I was unable to concentrate and took a 10 minute break here at work... I don't know why my family had to lose my brother in this attack. Nobody here at work has said anything and it is very strange that I am the only one here for whom 9/11 is so personal.

I am angry and I am sad at the same time... I almost want to talk to the human resources here at work about my stress..

I can try to imagine
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
My deepest condolences.  May his memory never be forgotten.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
It's a very sad day for anyone that really cares about America but it must be a very hard day for people like yourself who lost someone  they care about... The work place today in most cases has become a place where people go to make a living but often avoid making personal relationships... Companies today avoid getting into issues like 9-11 because it might be viewed as being politically incorrect... Don't expect much from them...It's been 10 years and each morning when I drive into work I get to a spot in Queens near Citi Field where I use to be able to see the Towers standing bright against the night sky... To this day each work day morning I look over to that spot and remember the towers and the people that lost their lives for no reason at all... I am sure many other New Yorkers do the same... I never really liked the towers in their early years but as time went on they came to be an icon that symbolized New York... It's sad that they had to be taken down in such a sinister way...The new tower is almost at a point where it will be visible just like the originals... The new building and the memorials will soon stand bright against the night sky again and  help keep the memory of the original towers and the people who died on 9-11 alive for many years to come.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
Sorry for your loss.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:48 AM »
They shouldn't a memorial below ground in a pool like that.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:45 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I can't imagine the mix of anger and sorrow you must experience every September 11, especially this one.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and I am also sorry you would have to pay $25 to see his memorial:  http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/memorial_museum_may_charge_admission_ngcYXh1uOwLJkwu5CNRktL
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:50 AM »
I utterly feel your pain and sorrow. May the almighty help you.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and I am also sorry you would have to pay $25 to see his memorial:  http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/memorial_museum_may_charge_admission_ngcYXh1uOwLJkwu5CNRktL
I don't think they intend charging family members to visit the memorial... $25 dollars sounds like a great deal of money but the place will require upkeep... Its better they charge a few dollars and keep the place clean and updated rather then cash strapped and become a mockery... I don't believe anyone expected the place to have total free admission for ordinary visitors... Here in Manhattan the space a memorial like this takes up could have generated multi millions of dollars a year... Even the underground sections... This memorial needed to be built and if the 25 bucks admission charge prevents it from being an additional burden on the taxpayers so much the better. 

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »
I think his company was kind and considerate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantor_Fitzgerald

QUOTE>>
Cantor Fitzgerald's corporate headquarters and New York City office,[3][4] on the 101st-105th floors of One World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan (2-6 floors above the impact zone of a hijacked airliner), were destroyed during the September 11, 2001 attacks. Cantor Fitzgerald lost 658 employees (all of the employees in the office at the time of the attacks), or about two-thirds of its workforce, considerably more than any other of the World Trade Center tenants or the New York City Police Department and New York City Fire Department. The company was able to bring its trading markets back online within a week, and CEO and chairman Howard Lutnick, whose brother was among those killed, vowed to keep the company alive.

On September 19, Cantor Fitzgerald made a pledge to distribute 25 percent of the firm's profits for the next five years, and committed to paying for ten years of health care, for the benefit of the families of its 658 former Cantor Fitzgerald, eSpeed, and TradeSpark employees (profits which would otherwise have been distributed to the Cantor Fitzgerald partners).[5] In 2006, the company completed its promise, having paid a total of $180 million[5] (and an additional $17 million from a relief fund run by Lutnick's sister, Edie). [6]

Before the attacks, Cantor handled about one-quarter of the daily transactions in the multi-trillion dollar treasury security market. Cantor has since rebuilt its infrastructure and now has its headquarters in midtown Manhattan. The company's effort to regain its footing is the subject of Tom Barbash's 2003 book On Top of the World: Cantor Fitzgerald, Howard Lutnick, and 9/11: A Story of Loss and Renewal.

On September 2, 2004, Cantor filed a civil lawsuit against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for allegedly providing money to the hijackers and Al Qaeda, one of a number of organizations to do so.[7] It was later joined in the suit by the Port Authority of New York.[8]

Immediately after the first attack, at approximately 8:46:46 AM, six seconds after the first plane hit the tower, a Goldman Sachs server sent out an alert page stating that a Goldman Sachs trading system server had gone offline because it was unable to interface with a Cantor server.[9][10]
<<UNQUOTE
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
I don't think they intend charging family members to visit the memorial... $25 dollars sounds like a great deal of money but the place will require upkeep... Its better they charge a few dollars and keep the place clean and updated rather then cash strapped and become a mockery... I don't believe anyone expected the place to have total free admission for ordinary visitors... Here in Manhattan the space a memorial like this takes up could have generated multi millions of dollars a year... Even the underground sections... This memorial needed to be built and if the 25 bucks admission charge prevents it from being an additional burden on the taxpayers so much the better. 
$25 dollars is a lot of money, if you have to nickel and dime things like that then have just a memorial for the people that died there and don't have so much of the other things that are there.  From what I'm seeing the memorial part looks very nice and tasteful but I'm afraid the other parts like the museum and things might make the rest of this thing nothing more than an attraction like Disney world.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
I feel sad for what you're having to go through Muman. I think we could agree though that eventually G-d will set things right and there will be justice for what happened to your brother because everyone responsible will one day have to face G-d for what they did and when G-d passes judgment there is no appeals process.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »

At around 1.58pm I saw your brothers name come across the scroll of the 9/11 lost on Fox News... The coverage of the event today was very nice... All the politicians did their best to show their respect... The memorial at the trade center also looks very nice... We can't bring back the people who were lost but the event today did help to keep their memory alive.  

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »

I hope you are able to feel better soon or at least more at peace. I know this has to be a particularly painful time for you and it's too bad you weren't able to take today off of work.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
I hope you are able to feel better soon or at least more at peace. I know this has to be a particularly painful time for you and it's too bad you weren't able to take today off of work.

Thank you very much Rubystars... I have had a very nice weekend although I have not watched or attended a single 9/11 event. My Rabbi yesterday asked me about this and I told him that I would rather deal with this on my own at this time. I will speak with my mother later this afternoon...

Thank you

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Thank you very much Rubystars... I have had a very nice weekend although I have not watched or attended a single 9/11 event. My Rabbi yesterday asked me about this and I told him that I would rather deal with this on my own at this time. I will speak with my mother later this afternoon...

Thank you

I forgot it was Sunday actually when I posted that but I'm glad you have a good support system.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
I'm so sorry, Muman.