Author Topic: Antisemitic video by Aish  (Read 521 times)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Antisemitic video by Aish
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »
Glorifying the traitors that kicked the Jews out of the Sinai and sold it to Nazi Egypt, tried to surrender 97% of Judea and Samaria to the PLO Nazis, that ethnically cleansed the Jews of Gaza and gave it to Hamas, that steal our water and land and give it to Nazi Jordan and so on

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Antisemitic video by Aish
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:18:01 AM »
Yeah, whatever... Aish is a righteous organization and your lashon hara is hysterical...

I don't see anything antisemitic about that video either...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:32 AM »
Yeah, whatever... Aish is a righteous organization and your lashon hara is hysterical...

Yea, did you ever bother studying Hilchot Lashon Hara of the Hafetz Chaim for once?  or do you just parrot what you read on Aish?

I don't see anything antisemitic about that video either...

You don't think that praising the crimes that I listed above is antisemitic?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:01:59 AM »
Yea, did you ever bother studying Hilchot Lashon Hara of the Hafetz Chaim for once?  or do you just parrot what you read on Aish?

You don't think that praising the crimes that I listed above is antisemitic?

Where do they praise crimes? What I saw was an attempt to get Jews motivated to present Israel in a good light using social media.

And yes, I read Chofetz Chaim, and I know what Lashon Hara is... If you would like to discuss some of the finer points concerning it we can do so...

Aish has done, and continues to do, righteous work supporting Israel and the Jewish people. I know many people who have nothing but praise for their outreach, their tzadakah programs, and their yeshiva.

For you to claim that Aish is antisemitic does rise to the level of speaking evil, even if it is true, about a righteous organization. I do not agree with you that the video is antisemitic. Whether it is the Kahanist ideal or not is another question.

What I think the video is showing is that Israel should have a lot of friends in the region but because of their stubbornness they refuse. I think it is an effective way of showing that no matter what the Israelis do their 'neighbors' will never be satisfied.

Watch the video again... I watched it several times and I do not see anything antisemitic about it. The fact that it mentions the sacrifices which Israel has made in the name of peace does not mean that it is saying it is right, but it is an example of the fact that Israel has given a lot in the name of peace and have gotten nothing but suicide bombers, missiles, and threats of unilateral declarations..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:10:49 AM »
While it can be argued that there never will be an arab peace partner to talk to the video tries to expose that Israel is not the one to blame for the problems. Israel has wanted, and does want, peace... But there is no peace partner at this time. I agree with what Rabbi Kahane said that there will never be a peace partner from the arabs with the Jews.

Here is what the Hasbara Fellowships says about this video:

http://www.hasbarafellowships.org/resources/campaigns/friend-request-pending

"The “Friend Request Pending…” campaign aims to engage students and campus communities, highlighting the Israeli commitment to peace and demonstrating that a lasting solution requires cooperation between the parties, not unilateral moves.

The campaign has a Facebook motif, demonstrating that Israel has tried to make 'friends' with its neighbors, but the friendship has rarely been reciprocated. The campaign includes a series of entertaining, informative cards and posters for display and distribution on campus; a sensational viral video; and an emergency mobilization guide that includes talking points, ways to take action, and additional resources.

All the materials are available both online and in print, FREE OF CHARGE to student activists.

“Friend Request Pending…” communicates that Israelis want peace, and have proven it. The obstacle to Middle East peace is the lack of a responsible peace partner in the Palestinian leadership. Bypassing direct talks with Israel and defying the United States, the Palestinian leadership is turning its back on previous commitments to cooperation, in an effort to isolate and delegitimize the Jewish State.

Here is a very good explanations of Lashon Hara according to Chofetz Chaims Hilchot Lashon Hara.

http://www.torah.org/learning/halashon/chapter10.html#conditions

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:18:51 AM by muman613 »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
I don't understand why you think it's anti-semitic.  It just shows, in a humorous way, how Israel has bent over backwards to try and make peace with her Arab neighbors, and how they've gotten nothing but suicide bombers and rocket attacks in return. 

I think Ron is angry that Aish didn't go far enough to say that Israel should not give up 1 millimeter of land to these Arab terrorist squatters, as opposed to saying, in essence, look what we've already done and they haven't appreciated it.  Then again, Aish is not a Kahanist organization. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »
This is a stupid argument but I'm closer to Ron's side for sure. Chaim himself has pointed out that Aish has celebrated it when Jewish doctors help Arab Nazi women deliver their devilspawn in Israel.

Granted--that doesn't make Aish specifically evil in any way (that is the attitude of the vast majority of Israeli Jews, secular and religious), but it does show they're not exactly "JTF material".