Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 32013 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Perversion prevails as the U.S. military embraces fags
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
If they were homosexual and/or pagan what does that have to do with whether they took out Bin Laden or not? They might have been one, both or neither.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »
The military is made up of people from all walks of life... I am sure that if a case by case study was done at the end of the day we would see that people from every crazy lifestyle  were present and accounted for... This said when I go to bed each night I still thank G-d that the American military is keeping an eye on things for me... America needs its best  people joining the military... Advising people not to join because of some politically correct policy and behavior today is not an option... I am sure that there are things going on that would be best kept quiet however all in all I am sure that activity involves only a small percentage of the total military picture.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »
The military is made up of people from all walks of life... I am sure that if a case by case study was done at the end of the day we would see that people from every crazy lifestyle  were present and accounted for... This said when I go to bed each night I still thank G-d that the American military is keeping an eye on things for me... America needs its best  people joining the military... Advising people not to join because of some politically correct policy and behavior today is not an option... I am sure that there are things going on that would be best kept quiet however all in all I am sure that activity involves only a small percentage of the total military picture.

The U.S. military is doing nothing to protect America, and is following orders from politicians who are hurting America. Right now the U.S. military is giving military training to Muslims from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan etc...
U.S. troops are not allowed to annihilate Iraninan backed militias in Iraq, and are not allowed to annihilate the Taliban in Afghanistan nor doing anything about Pakistan supporting attacks on the U.S. (such as last weeks attack on the Kabul embassy.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
The U.S. military is doing nothing to protect America, and is following orders from politicians who are hurting America. Right now the U.S. military is giving military training to Muslims from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan etc...
U.S. troops are not allowed to annihilate Iraninan backed militias in Iraq, and are not allowed to annihilate the Taliban in Afghanistan nor doing anything about Pakistan supporting attacks on the U.S. (such as last weeks attack on the Kabul embassy.

right, absolutely nothing at all.  ???

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:51 PM »
You give them too much credit... They are NOTHING and they will NEVER BE anything. I have no fear of them. Come on, you really are afraid of Joshua Rosenberg? You seem to have a fascination with him? Why is that?

Morality as taught from the Torah is something worth standing up for... Gossiping about trolls is foolish..

Muman,

For as bright as you are, sometimes you read so incredibly poorly.  You wrote, "Come on, you really are afraid of Joshua Rosenberg? You seem to have a fascination with him? Why is that?"  This is almost, but not quite psychotic on your part.  I didn't say anything at any point that would indicaate ANYTHING that you just asserted I, allegedly, think or feel

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 11:36:30 PM »
Muman,

For as bright as you are, sometimes you read so incredibly poorly.  You wrote, "Come on, you really are afraid of Joshua Rosenberg? You seem to have a fascination with him? Why is that?"  This is almost, but not quite psychotic on your part.  I didn't say anything at any point that would indicaate ANYTHING that you just asserted I, allegedly, think or feel

Well, you keep on mentioning him... You seem to think he is a big issue for JTF also... I've seen trolls come and go...

According to the search I just did you mentioned him four times, including one question to Chaim...

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57410.msg518662.html#msg518662

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57310.msg518711.html#msg518711

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,53827.msg518945.html#msg518945

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57475.msg519459.html#msg519459

I don't know if you are fascinated with him or were just asking because you are interested... Im sorry if it seemed I was making an accusation... I was trying to determine why the topic of Joshua keeps coming up...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:54:01 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »
Well, you keep on mentioning him... You seem to think he is a big issue for JTF also... I've seen trolls come and go...

According to the search I just did you mentioned him three times, including one question to Chaim...

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57410.msg518662.html#msg518662

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57310.msg518711.html#msg518711

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,53827.msg518945.html#msg518945

I don't know if you are fascinated with him or were just asking because you are interested... Im sorry if it seemed I was making an accusation... I was trying to determine why the topic of Joshua keeps coming up...

I mentioned him because:

1.  Chaim has mentioned him AND he is all over YT constantly trashing JTF, making tens, perhaps a hundred videos, character assassinating JTF.  Furthermore, your comments, have zero basis in fact.  I'm not even going to repeat them, because that's how a mistruth becomes perceived as a truth.  PLEASE read carefully before you falsely paraphrase and misascribe meaning to the words of others.  You are doing this a lot lately--a lot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2011, 12:06:21 AM »
I mentioned him because:

1.  Chaim has mentioned him AND he is all over YT constantly trashing JTF, making tens, perhaps a hundred videos, character assassinating JTF.  Furthermore, your comments, have zero basis in fact.  I'm not even going to repeat them, because that's how a mistruth becomes perceived as a truth.  PLEASE read carefully before you falsely paraphrase and misascribe meaning to the words of others.  You are doing this a lot lately--a lot

Oh really... Where did you learn to be so freakin rude?

Please show me where I misascribe meaning to the words of others...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »
Oh really... Where did you learn to be so freakin rude?

Please show me where I misascribe meaning to the words of others...

Uhh Michael,

It's not RUDE, it's the truth.   READ carefully and THINK before you paraphrase others.  It's RUDE of you to be so 'freakin' thoughtless in your endless mischaracterization of what other people actually write. THAT'S RUDE.  Do me a favor and don't tell me what I wrote, if you don't have a clue as to what I actually wrote.  I'm not responding to you further vis-a-vis this behavior.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:01 AM »
Uhh Michael,

It's not RUDE, it's the truth.   READ carefully and THINK before you paraphrase others.  It's RUDE of you to be so 'freakin' thoughtless in your endless mischaracterization of what other people actually write. THAT'S RUDE.  Do me a favor and don't tell me what I wrote, if you don't have a clue as to what I actually wrote.  I'm not responding to you further vis-a-vis this behavior.

You are obviously a troublemaker. I have not 'told you what you wrote'. You have a problem with me because I smell a troll in your writing. You have constantly had problems with people who have been around here much longer than you have. Dan Ben Noach is an administrator here and you attacked him for his opinion the other day. When I defended him you attempted to defame me.

I am nearing the end of the rope of my patients with you... I don't need another enemy but if you want to be my enemy then keep it up...

If you want to discuss this then please, show me what you are talking abut 'misascribing' things to you and others... Otherwise you are just making stuff up..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:24:31 AM by muman613 »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
right, absolutely nothing at all.  ???

Please tell us what the U.S. military has done to protect U.S. borders from armed drug cartels and Islamic terrorists from entering and threatening the American people?

Please tell us what the U.S. military has done to stop North Korea and Pakistan from spreading nuclear technology to Iran and supporting terrorists that attack the U.S.?

Instead of sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. should have troops on the borders to battle the drug cartels, and prevent terrorists from crossing into the U.S.

Meanwhile the U.S. military does nothing to stop North Korea and Pakistan from spreading nuclear technology to Iran.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »
Please tell us what the U.S. military has done to protect U.S. borders from armed drug cartels and Islamic terrorists from entering and threatening the American people?

Please tell us what the U.S. military has done to stop North Korea and Pakistan from spreading nuclear technology to Iran and supporting terrorists that attack the U.S.?

Instead of sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. should have troops on the borders to battle the drug cartels, and prevent terrorists from crossing into the U.S.

Meanwhile the U.S. military does nothing to stop North Korea and Pakistan from spreading nuclear technology to Iran.

The US Border Patrol guards the border, not the military. The US military is also not an anti smuggling organization. Should they just attack nuke armed pakistan and north korea?
guarding borders is not the Military's job...that would be the Border Patrol's job.  Do you want the US military to attack north korea and japan?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
What do you mean 'seriously worshiping neptune'? ... Any appearance of worshiping an idol is absolutely forbidden.. Especially when it is 'worshiped' in its intended manner... A JEW is expressly forbidden from doing this..

Here is a Daf Yomi on Talmud Mesechet Avodah Zara {Idol/strange worship}:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/dafyomi2/azarah/insites/az-dt-12.htm

1) HALACHAH: DRINKING WATER FROM A WATER FOUNTAIN STATUE

OPINIONS: The Gemara discusses actions that one is prohibited from doing because those actions resemble forms of idol worship. One of these actions involves drinking water that comes from the mouth of a statue. Idolaters would build water fountains in the shape of statues, with water coming out of the mouth of the statue. The Gemara says that a person is not allowed to place his mouth on the mouth of the statues in the cities in order to drink the water, because it appears as though he is kissing the Avodah Zarah. The Gemara does not specify whether this prohibition applies to statues which themselves are used for Avodah Zarah, or whether it applies even to ordinary water fountain statues.

(a) The RIF, ROSH, and TUR (YD 150) record the prohibition of the Gemara without specifying that the fountain itself must be one which is used for Avodah Zarah.

According to this opinion, though, why does the Gemara specifically say this Halachah with regard to statues in the cities? The TAZ answers that it seems that the Gemara is giving a stringency by mentioning statues in the city, for such statues are commonly built merely for beauty and not for Avodah Zarah. (In contrast, statues in villages were usually built for idol worship; see SHULCHAN ARUCH YD 141:1, based on the Mishnah on 44b). The Gemara is telling us that one may not drink from statues even in the cities.

(b) The RAMBAM (Hilchos Avodas Kochavim 3:8), SEMAG, and SHULCHAN ARUCH (YD 150:3) specify that this prohibition pertains only to fountains which are situated in front of an Avodah Zarah. (Obviously, it applies as well when the statue itself is an idol.) The BACH cites a proof to this opinion. Our Gemara discusses three other cases: crouching in front of an Avodah Zarah in order to remove a thorn, picking up money in front of an Avodah Zarah, and drinking from a stream which lies in front of an Avodah Zarah. After explaining the necessity to mention all three cases, the Gemara asks why do we also need the case of the water fountain. RASHI (12b, DH Partzufos) explains that from the case of the stream we already see that even when someone is very thirsty he is not allowed to drink from that water, and thus what more can the case of the water fountain be teaching us? The Gemara answers that this case was said merely to introduce the next part of the Beraisa.

According to the opinion that the prohibition applies even when the statue is *not* in front of Avodah Zarah, why does the Gemara say that there is no intrinsic novelty in this case? This case *is* unique in that it forbids drinking from the fountain even when there is no Avodah Zarah present, unlike the other cases! It must be that this prohibition applies only when the fountain is in front of an Avodah Zarah.

HALACHAH: The Bach concludes that the Halachic opinion is that of the Rambam, and as recorded by the Shulchan Aruch. However, he maintains that someone who is stringent upon himself and does not drink from any water fountain statue will receive a blessing. This is also the opinion of the SHACH. The TAZ also writes that one should be stringent and follow the opinion of the Tur. However, he seems to say that it is more than just a stringency, but that it is the Halachah, but he does not explain why. Perhaps his reasoning is that of the Bach in his Hagahos to the Rif, where the Bach points out that since there are many Rishonim who prohibit drinking from such a fountain even when it is not used for Avodah Zarah, and since our Gemara does not mention that the statue must be in front of an Avodah Zarah, the Halachah would seem to follow the view of the Tur. (Y. Montrose)

2) MUST ONE GIVE UP HIS LIFE FOR "MAR'IS HA'AYIN" OF IDOLATRY?

OPINIONS: The Beraisa lists several actions that one is prohibited from doing because those actions resemble forms of idol worship. These actions are: crouching in front of an Avodah Zarah in order to remove a thorn, picking up money in front of an Avodah Zarah, and drinking from a stream which lies in front of an Avodah Zarah. The Gemara states that if the Beraisa had not taught us the law in the case of the stream, we might have thought that it is permitted to drink from the stream in front of an Avodah Zarah when not drinking will endanger his life. The Beraisa is teaching that it is nevertheless prohibited.

We know that the sin of Avodah Zarah is one of three sins for which a Jew must die in order not to transgress. The Gemara here seems to be saying that one must die even in order to avoid transgressing "Mar'is ha'Ayin" (doing a permitted action which appears to be an act of transgression) of Avodah Zarah. Is this true?

(a) The RASHBA, TUR (YD 150) and others state that the simple understanding of the Gemara is that indeed one must sacrifice his life in order not to do even an act of "Mar'is ha'Ayin" of Avodah Zarah. This also appears to be the intention of RASHI (DH Aval). The BI'UR HA'GRA (ibid.) cites another proof to this opinion. The Gemara in Sanhedrin (75a) discusses a case in which a man became sick from his lust for a woman. The doctors said that he would recover even if she would consent merely to talk to him from behind a wall. The Rabanan rule in such a case that it is better for the man to die than to have the woman talk with him. There are two opinions there regarding the status of the woman; one opinion states that she was married, and the other states that she was single. The Gemara states that according to the opinion that she was married, we can understand the ruling that it is better that he die than have her talk with him (since she is an Eshes Ish and would fall into the category of the Isur of Arayos, one of the categories of transgression for which a person must die in order to avoid transgressing). The Vilna Ga'on asks why is that opinion, that she was married, any more understandable than the opinion that she was single? According to the Ramban and many others, the prohibition there would only have been an Isur d'Rabanan! Why, then, should the man be left to die? It must be that even for a Rabbinic prohibition (in one of the three categories of sins of "Yehareg v'Al Ya'avor"), the rule that one must die and not transgress applies. Likewise, one must die and not transgress the Rabbinic prohibition of "Mar'is ha'Ayin" of Avodah Zarah.

(b) The RAN also writes that this is the straightforward meaning of the Gemara, but he qualifies that the requirement to die and not transgress does not apply in all cases of "Mar'is ha'Ayin," but only in certain cases. In the case of drinking from a stream, where the person looks as though he is bowing down to the Avodah Zarah, one is required to give up his life and not transgress "Mar'is ha'Ayin" of Avodah Zarah. However, in cases of "Mar'is ha'Ayin" where the person's act does not appear to be such a blatant act of idol worship (for example, travelling to a city in which there happens to be an idolatrous festival being celebrated), a person is not required to give up his life.

(c) However, the Ran seems to conclude that even the case of drinking from a stream in front of an Avodah Zarah is not a case of "Yehareg v'Al Ya'avor." How, though, does the Ran understand the Gemara? He understands that the Gemara is saying that even though the person is very thirsty and might *possibly* die before he finds water, he is still not allowed to drink the water. However, if he *knows* that he will not find any other water and that he will certainly die, then he is allowed to drink the water. He quotes this opinion as the opinion of RABEINU ASHER. This opinion is also cited by the REMA (YD 150:3).

The MEKOR MAYIM CHAYIM (ibid.) explains how the Ran will answer the proof of the Vilna Ga'on. In the case in Sanhedrin, the person was interested in doing more than just talking to the woman. The Chachamim said that, in general, a man should not talk in such a context to a married woman since it might lead to an actual transgression of Giluy Arayos. The case here is totally different, as the person involved has absolutely no interest in doing the actual sin of Avodah Zarah. Therefore, the Chachamim did not include this act in the category of "Yehareg v'Al Ya'avor." (Y. Montrose)

I hope you never say the days of the week muman, since they are named after norse gods.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »
I hope you never say the days of the week muman, since they are named after norse gods.

The Jewish calendar names days by the # of days since Shabbat. Sunday is called Yom Rishon (The First Day), Monday is Day #2, etc...

I also believe you are mistaken concerning the orgin of the names of the week... According to Wikipedia these names (in English) come from the Greco-Roman mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_the_week

The names of the days of the week from the Roman period have been both named after the seven planets of classical astronomy and numbered, beginning with Sunday. In Slavic languages, a numbering system was adopted, but beginning with Monday. There was an even older tradition of names in Ancient Indian Astrology which could arguably be the origin of all these naming systems. All of these systems have been adopted in many languages, with some exceptions resulting from a number of religious and secular considerations.

Shabbat Shalom!

http://www.akhlah.com/aleph_bet/hebrew_worksheets/hebrew_days_of_the_week.php

Sunday
Yom Ree-Shon       

Monday
Yom She-Nee       

Tuesday
Yom Shelee-She       

Wednesday
Yom Re-Ve-ee       

Thursday
Yom Hah-Mee-Shee       

Friday
Yom Shee-Shee       

Shabbat
Yom Sha-Bat       

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-category/the-jewish-calendar-and-holidays/the-jewish-calendar/?p=702

The Days of the Week

What do the Jews call the days of the week?

The days of the Jewish week have no names; they are referred to as "first day", "second day", ..., "sixth day", and "Sabbath", i.e. basically following the usage in Gen.Ch.1.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Here is the Daf Yomi from Mesechet Shabbat which discusses this issue you raise t_h_j:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/dafyomi2/shabbos/insites/sh-dt-129.htm

3) USING GENTILE DAYS AND DATES

In the previous insight, we showed that the days of the week come from the names of gods in Greek and Norse mythology. This raises the question of whether it is at all permissible to refer to the days of the week by such names. This also raises the broader question of whether we may refer to the months of the year by their Julian names, some of which are named after Roman gods (such as January, from Janus, known as the god of the doorway).

Similarly, is it permitted to refer to the year by the number used by the Gregorian calendar, which refers to the death of the god of the Nazarenes? Furthermore, is it permitted to refer to the hours of the day (e.g. 6:00 in the morning), which begin their count from midnight, which stems from a system of belief that maintains that their god was born at midnight?

(1) MONTHS AND DAYS

QUESTION: There are two reasons to prohibit using the gentile names of months and days:

(a) The MAHARAM SHIK (#117) writes that one should not use the gentile names of months, and certainly not the gentile count of the months (putting January as the first month). The reason is because their system does not make Nisan the first month, and we have a Mitzvas Aseh to refer to the months from Nisan, counting Nisan as the first month, in order to always remember the redemption from Egypt (RAMBAN, Shemos 12:1). The similar logic applies to the days of the week. The Gemara (Beitzah 16a) says that the days of the week should be referred to in relation to Shabbos ("the first day from Shabbos" and "the second day from Shabbos", etc.) in order to give honor to Shabbos. It should, therefore, be prohibited to use the gentile names of the days of the week.

(b) The names of the months and the days of the week are based on names of gods that were used in idol worship. Are we permitted to use such names?

ANSWER:

(a) In response to these problems, the Ramban in Parshas Bo writes that with regard to the months, when the Jewish people returned from Bavel to the land of Israel, they named the months by Babylonian names (which are the names that we now use) in order to remember the redemption from Bavel (see TOSFOS, Rosh Hashanah 7a), the same way that until then, they referred to the months in relation to Nisan in order to remember the redemption from Egypt.

The SEFER HA'IKRIM (3:16) understands this to mean that when the Jews were exiled to Bavel, effectively bringing an end to the liberty they had enjoyed as a result of the redemption from Egypt which occurred 890 years earlier, there was no longer a necessity to count from Nisan to recall the redemption from Egypt (see also CHASAM SOFER, Choshen Mishpat 1, DH Nachzir).

However, the PERUSH HA'KOSEV in the Ein Yakov at the beginning of Megilah (3a) strongly opposes this view and explains that when the Jews left Bavel they only *added names* to the months, but they did not change the numbering system; they continued to count the months from Nisan. It is permitted to refer to each month by its name, but when one gives each month a number, one must count the month based on the original system, with Nisan as the first. This opinion is supported by the GET PASHUT 127:35, MINCHAS CHINUCH 311:3, and RAV OVADIAH YOSEF in YABIA OMER 6:9:4.

Therefore, one should refrain from referring to the months by the gentile numbering system (e.g. referring to January as "1"). (It should be noted that the months of September, October, November, and December are named according to their numbers ("septem" = seven, "octo" = eight, "novem" = nine, and "decem" = ten). Interestingly, these numbers are not in reference to January, since two months were added at a later point in time. It so happens that they conform to the count from the time of the year which usually corresponds to Nisan!)

For the same reason, as far as the days of the week are concerned, it seems that one who uses their names and not their numbers does not transgress a Mitzvas Aseh. However, it may be prohibited to refer to the days of the week by a different *numbering* system (for example, calling Monday the first day of the week).

(b) With regard to mentioning the names of idols, since these idols are no longer known or worshipped in the civilized world, it should not be prohibited to mention their names, since one has no intention to refer to those idols when he says the name of the day or month.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 09:41:15 PM »
The Jewish calendar names days by the # of days since Shabbat. Sunday is called Yom Rishon (The First Day), Monday is Day #2, etc...

I also believe you are mistaken concerning the orgin of the names of the week... According to Wikipedia these names (in English) come from the Greco-Roman mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_the_week

Shabbat Shalom!

http://www.akhlah.com/aleph_bet/hebrew_worksheets/hebrew_days_of_the_week.php

Sunday
Yom Ree-Shon       

Monday
Yom She-Nee       

Tuesday
Yom Shelee-She       

Wednesday
Yom Re-Ve-ee       

Thursday
Yom Hah-Mee-Shee       

Friday
Yom Shee-Shee       

Shabbat
Yom Sha-Bat       

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-category/the-jewish-calendar-and-holidays/the-jewish-calendar/?p=702

Wednesday-Wodin/Odin's Day

Tuesday-Tyr's Day

Thursday-Thor's Day

Friday-Frigg's day

Since you speak english, and you listed the days of the week above, you are worshipping them as much as those sailors worshipped king neptune!

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
The US Border Patrol guards the border, not the military. The US military is also not an anti smuggling organization. Should they just attack nuke armed pakistan and north korea?
guarding borders is not the Military's job...that would be the Border Patrol's job.  Do you want the US military to attack north korea and japan?

First of all the U.S. military is controlled by civilian politicians, so most the military's failures are their fault.

Part of the U.S. military's job is to protect America from foreign invasions, and they are failing to do that. Instead we have the U.S. military trying to protect the border's of Iraq and Afghanistan.

The U.S. military could take out Pakistan and North Korea, but instead we wait and allow those countries to continue to threaten us.

And yes the U.S. military is suppose to stop smuggling. Such as the smuggling of drugs out of Afghanistan and to America. Instead the U.S. military protects warlords in Afghanistan, and helps them ship out drugs. The U.S. military should also stop the smuggling of nuclear technology out of Pakistan and North Korea.

But instead the U.S. military is kissing King Neptune's Belly!

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
This type of thing is not done in the U.S. Navy, if it were I know for a fact that most people would not do it.  Also, not everyone in the Navy even gets a chance to become a shellback, such as people predominantly stationed at shore commands.  Nevertheless there is a lot of immodest behavior that goes on, and as I said before, I don't like the pagan ties, so I did not do the ceremony even though there is a lot of peer pressure to do it.

How did you withstand the peer pressure? Did they physically threaten you at any point?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »
Just because you never personally met someone doesn't mean you shouldn't wish AIDS on them if what they have done is evil.  Look at all the people that JTF gives the "yimach shmo" curse to.  We are not intimately familiar with all of these people but we know they are evil--in this case they are supporting becoming intimately familiar anally with the wrong people.  The policy makers who had a hand in embracing queer mongers (which includes removing the ban on sodomy that used to be in the UCMJ) are endorsing a PRACTICE that is forbidden to both Jews and Gentiles.  In this case, they have done something bad to me, because they are corrupting my society and the defenders of it.  Let's go back to basics for just a moment:

Leviticus 18:22  Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

As you can see, this position is straight out of the Torah, so there is nothing "fringe" about it.  It's simply the truth.  How do you think JTF or the Jewish people as a whole should accept or reject any principle or make any moral judgment whatsoever?  The correct answer is if it is in line with G-d's will.  And "evil" includes more practices than just wanting to destroy Israel, and homosexual relations is clearly one of them.  Now maybe you are the type that picks and chooses which parts of the Torah you believe based on whatever you pull out of your tuchus (or put into your tuchus for that matter).  But don't blame those of us who have a conscience and believe the whole thing.  Also, talking the way I do does not make me look ugly.  It makes me look exceedingly cool and inspires Jews to become more observant because if a Gentile can proudly believe in the Torah, then so can a Jew.

Sorry, but you aren't righteous and if anyone is putting anything in his 'tuchus,' it is far more likely you than me and Hashem knows that.  As for thinking you are "cool" for wishing AIDS on people, as you have in this instance, there is something seriously wrong with you.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:30:35 PM by mmhmmm »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
Sorry, but you aren't righteous and if anyone is putting anything in his 'tuchus,' it is far more likely you than me and Hashem knows that.  As for thinking you are "cool" for wishing AIDS on people, as you have in this instance, there is something seriously wrong with you.  

So just what is your position on the perverted sex act? What do you think of the Torahs commandment concerning it?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
On this topic I have written a lot. But since there are new JTF members reading this I may repeat some of what I have said in the past.

It is true that we should not wish death and punishment on those who transgress the commandments of Hashem. What the sages have said is that it would be best if we daven to Hashem that the wicked should repent of their evil ways and change to good. Ultimately, we believe, that every soul has a deep down desire to do the right thing and there is the Yetzer Hara which interferes with this drive.

We also have the commandment to rebuke the sinner. This means that we tell the sinner that he is sinning and in a caring way attempt to change his or her behavior to do the right thing. The mitzvah of rebuke does not mean namecalling and intimidation but it means talking to the individual in a way which will cause him to hear and change. It is important to rebuke others before we curse them {if they do not cease their sinful ways}.

Hashem IS a loving father who is 'long suffering' meaning that he puts up with our transgressions for a long time before his anger flares and he administers punishment. This is a good thing or else we all would be individually destroyed for our small sins if Hashem did not have patients that we will eventually make teshuva.

But there is also the command to hate evil and to remove it from our midst. At a certain point a person is sinning and they know it, and they have no desire to cease the sinful behavior. At this point they are rebelling against Hashem and this is the point where some will begin to curse the person who continues to transgress despite the warnings and the rebuke.

An evil person should be denigrated and insulted. Those who are enemies of the Jewish people are enemies of Hashem, and they deserve the curses.

But I suggest that we have patients with all humanity, as does Hashem...

Remember what all of us religious Jews will be saying later this week, the thirteen attributes of mercy of Hashem..

Merciful God, merciful God, powerful God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in kindness and truth. Preserver of kindness for thousands of generations, forgiver of iniquity, willful sin and error, and Who cleanses. (Exodus 34:6-7)

http://www.ou.org/chagim/elul/selichotattrib.htm

1) Hashem. This Name denotes mercy. G-d is merciful before a person sins, even though He knows the evil lies dormant in the person.

2) Hashem. G-d is merciful after the sinner has gone astray.

3) E-L. This Name denotes power. G-d’s mercy sometimes surpasses even the degree indicated by the name Hashem.

4) Rachum. Compassionate; G-d eases the punishment of the guilty, and He does not put people into extreme temptation.

5) ve-Chanun. And Gracious; even to the undeserving.

6) Erech Apayim. Slow to Anger; so that the sinner can reconsider long before it is too late. (Rav Moshe Cordovero in "Tomer Devorah," describes G-d as a "Melech Ne’Elav," an "Insulted King," Whose subjects disobey Him, yet He maintains their existence.)

7) Ve-Rav Chessed… And Abundant in Kindness…; towards those who lack personal merits. Also, if the scales of good and evil are evenly balanced, He tips them towards the good.

8) …Ve-Emet. And Truth; G-d never reneges on His word.

9) Notzer Chessed La-Alafim. Preserver of Kindness for thousands of generations; The deeds of the righteous benefit their offspring far into the future.

10) Nose Avon… Forgiver of iniquity…; G-d forgives the intentional sinner, if he or she repents.

11) …Va-Phesha… …and willful sin…; Even those who purposely anger G-d are allowed to repent.

12) …VeChataah. …and error; This is a sin committed out of carelessness or apathy.

13) VeNake. And Who cleanses; G-d wipes away the sins of those who repent.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:50:58 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2011, 12:42:03 AM »
http://www.campsci.com/iguide/rebbi_meir_baal.htm

The gemorah tells us (Gittin 56) that when the Roman Caesar Nero led his army into battle against Yerushalayim he wanted to determine if he would be successful in destroying her. He therefore shot arrows in all four directions and they all fell towards Yerushalayim. He took this as a heavenly sign that he would be victorious. He then found a young boy and asked him to expound upon a posuk . The child read him the verse "and I will take revenge of Edom, through the Jewish people". He thereupon said to himself, "G-d wants me to destroy His House and later avenge Himself in me?" He immediately decided to convert and become a Jew, and it was from him that the great Tanna Rebbi Meir descended.

His actual name was Rebbi Nehora'i (which is the Aramaic equivalent for "light") and so he was called Rebbi Meir because "he lit up the eyes of the chachomim with his Halacha" (Eruvin 13:).

While he was a student of the famed Rebbi Akiva, from whom he received his semicha at a very young age, he also studied Torah under the tutelage of Rabbi Yishmoel and Elisha ben Avuya (usually referred to as "Acher").

When he was much older, he was ordained once again by Rebbi Bava ben Buta who was riddled to death by more than three hundred spears by Roman soldiers for defying the Roman decree forbidding rabbinical ordination. Rebbi Meir as well as Rebbi Yehudah, Rebbi Yossi, Rebbi Elozar bar Rebbi Shimon and Rebbi Nechemiah where able to escape with their lives and it was through them that the unbroken chain of the oral tradition was passed on to all oncoming generations.

He was married to Bruriah the daughter of Rebbi Chaninah ben Tradyon, who is the only woman quoted in the gemorah for her great brilliance and wisdom.

When Rabbi Meir once prayed that the wicked people who where constantly harassing and annoying him should die, she told him that he should rather pray that they do teshuvah. He took her advice and, sure enough, they repented and became G-d fearing Jews.

When she saw a student studying silently, she scolded him by saying that only by studying out loud does one remember his learning.

She mocked the words of the chachomim that said that women were "light-minded" and are easily influenced. Rabbi Meir wanted to prove her wrong, so he put up one of his students to test her. He kept on trying to seduce her to sin with him until she finally consented. Rebbi Meir thereupon disguised himself as the student and now proved to her that chazal were right on target when they said that "noshim daatom kalos". The entire episode backfired when she committed suicide out of great shame. Rabbi Meir now left the country in terrible embarrassment on account of what happened.

He lived right after the destruction of the Bais Ha'mikdosh, a time of terrible Roman persecution. He saw twenty four thousand students of Rebbi Akiva die in a devastating plague between Pesach and Shevuos. Both his father-in-law and his Rebbi where brutally murdered by the hated and evil Roman government for defying their decree not to teach or study the Torah. Rebbi Chaninah ben Tradyon was burned at the stake wrapped in a Sefer Torah, while Rebbi Akiva was tortured to death with metal scrapers that tore at his skin mercilessly.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
So just what is your position on the perverted sex act? What do you think of the Torahs commandment concerning it?

What does this statement above have to do with wishing AIDS on strangers?  Do you wish AIDS on strangers, Muman?  This thread is turning into the usual 'switch n bait' style of argument that too often passes as serious discourse on this forum AS IF TO say that anyone who doesn't think wishing AIDS on strangers is a 'good thing, 'must be somehow be 'pro-gay.'   A tiny minority here can continue to wallow deeply, lazily, in their hatred of every gay who ever walked the face of the earth.  Sad really.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
I'm not comfortable with the way AIDS and cancer are so lightly wished upon so many by people in this forum. I think we should wish for people to change for the better. Sometimes God does judge harshly, but that's for Him to decide.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
What does this statement above have to do with wishing AIDS on strangers?  Do you wish AIDS on strangers, Muman?  This thread is turning into the usual 'switch n bait' style of argument that too often passes as serious discourse on this forum AS IF TO say that anyone who doesn't think wishing AIDS on strangers is a 'good thing, 'must be somehow be 'pro-gay.'   A tiny minority here can continue to wallow deeply, lazily, in their hatred of every gay who ever walked the face of the earth.  Sad really.
I don't understand why Muman appears to be bashing gays here but in the past has defended lesbians.