Author Topic: What is general view about India in Jewish Heart?  (Read 4425 times)

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
Re: What is general view about India in Jewish Heart?
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »
Ayurvedic herbal medicines often contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like lead, at least the ones sold here. I also think it's based on some kind of elemental system which sounds a lot like beliefs that Westerners abandoned a few hundred years ago (reminds me of the Shakespeare plays that talk about the humours).

I don't really know if I want to get into a big discussion about the water supply system unless your counterpoint is that all people have access to clean, parasite free water in India, which I will find very hard to believe.
Bashing only due to some of your prejudice belief is not a fantastic thing !

I suggest you have patience of research before making comments which are without any ground reality!
As in the particular post you made above all facts are just opposite to the reality and truth .

Plastic surgery, cataract surgery, puncturing to release fluids in the abdomen, extraction of foreign elements, treatment of anal fistulas, treating fractures, amputations, cesarean sections, and stitching of wounds were known in Ayurveda  in the early centuries of the first millennium AD

The medical works of both Sushruta and Charaka were translated into the Arabic language during the Abbasid Caliphate (ca. 750).These Arabic works made their way into Europe via intermediaries. In Italy, the Branca family of Sicily and Gaspare Tagliacozzi (Bologna) became familiar with the techniques of Sushruta.

British physicians traveled to India to see rhinoplasty being performed by native methods. Reports on Indian rhinoplasty were published in the Gentleman's Magazine in 1794. Joseph Constantine Carpue spent 20 years in India studying local plastic surgery methods. Carpue was able to perform the first major surgery in the western world in 1815.Instruments described in the Sushruta Samhita were further modified in the Western World.

We still practice this and lots of people from west come to have benefit of this and we are proud of this so called thing westerners left :)

Access to improved source of water in India :  (Urban/Rural/Total)    96%/84%/88% (2008)
Source :
UNICEF/WHO Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation estimate for 2008 based on the 2006 Demographic and Health Survey, the 2001 census, other data and the extrapolation of previous trends to 2010.

I hope above lines are not offensive :)
I want to learn Hebrew if anyone can honestly assist without any prejudice p.m me !

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
I hope the 88% can improve. Even with that though why is it when a Westerner goes there they so often get sick with some parasite or get diarrhea? It doesn't seem to affect the natives the same way necessarily. When people from all over the world come to the USA they don't get any particular American diseases other than eating too much fast food.  :laugh:

I don't really want to fight with you but I don't think we'll ever agree on these things because I just have a completely different set of values than you do when it comes to things like this.

As far as the innovations by Indians in the medical field even in the past, I'm sure that's true but I think this has a lot less to do with Ayurveda and a lot more to do with those individuals being particularly intelligent people and discovering things because of that.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
See my intention is to help you know reality and truth ..

I am here to know more  about Judaism and Israel so no plans to raise a fight :)

Those individuals are pioneers of Ayurveda :)
I want to learn Hebrew if anyone can honestly assist without any prejudice p.m me !

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
See my intention is to help you know reality and truth ..

I am here to know more  about Judaism and Israel so no plans to raise a fight :)

Those individuals are pioneers of Ayurveda :)

It is interesting I just think they were smart people but not necessarily right about everything.

If you want to know about Judaism and Israel then you're in the right place.