Author Topic: Daily life in the Congo  (Read 2902 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Daily life in the Congo
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:35:39 AM »
http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs37033;_ylt=Aus._ryyODxMMuZhGlPFdozq188F

Rape, murder and unrest are still part of daily life in eastern Congo. A young victim tells of her sexual assault and the kidnapping of her twin sister during the worst massacre in two years.

Editor's Note: This is part of a series of occasional updates on conflicts the Hot Zone reported on last year. This information, including the eyewitness account, was gathered with the help of local journalists and non-governmental organizations in the region.

The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has seen more than its share of killing, but despite a new democratically elected government and a war that has been officially over for four years, the bloodshed and sexual violence continues. Yet news of the turmoil rarely seems to reach beyond Africa.

In the most recent incident, 18 civilians, including six children, were killed in a nighttime raid in three villages in the Walungu region of volatile eastern Congo on May 26.

Another 29 people were seriously wounded and 12 others kidnapped in the attack, according to a spokesman for United Nations peacekeeping forces there.

The UN blamed the massacre on a dozen men from the Rwandan Hutu rebel group known by its French acronym FDLR, or the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda.

The FDLR is made up of Hutu members of the former Rwanda Army (defeated by Tutsis now in charge in Rwanda) and the Interahamwe militia, a Hutu paramilitary organization which was largely responsible for planning and carrying out the 1994 Rwandan genocide and whose members fled into the jungles of Eastern Congo in the aftermath.

UN military officials believe there are at least 10,000 FDLR Hutu rebels in eastern Congo. The UN's largest peacekeeping force in the world, 17,000 troops, is based in the DRC with most in eastern Congo. Together with DRC government soldiers, they've conducted numerous offensives to root out the Rwandan Hutu rebels, but with marginal success so far.

Local news reports say the May 26 attackers in Walungu left notes on the bodies of those they killed, stating the massacre was in retaliation for a UN/DRC offensive against them that began in April. They also vowed to return.

Witnesses also say the attackers were wearing the uniforms of DRC government troops and killed many of their victims while they slept, using machetes, sticks, knives and guns. They fled when a UN patrol reportedly fired on them as they were entering the third village.
The FDLR's leader denies the rebels were responsible, saying the group has never attacked civilian populations. He's called for an investigation into the killings.

This latest attack was the worst massacre in two years. In May 2005, 19 civilians were hacked to death in the same province, South Kivu. In July that year, 40 people, mainly women and children, were burned to death in their homes. Both incidents were blamed on the Hutu rebels.

Many Congolese hoped the national violence might subside with democratic elections that resulted in Joseph Kabila remaining president of the DRC, after a fall run-off election. But with a poorly paid, barely trained and ill-disciplined national army, the government's efforts to provide security and stability continue to be challenged.

As many as four million Congolese people died during the 1998-2003 civil war that pitted foreign troops from Zimbabwe, Angola and Namibia.supporting DRC President Laurent Kabila (Joseph Kabila's father).against rebels backed by Uganda and Rwanda.

It became known as Africa's "First World War" and was prolonged, if not altogether motivated, by the effort to control eastern Congo's rich trove of diamonds, gold and other mineral resources.

The following is an eyewitness account by a young woman whose family was attacked during the May 26 massacre in a group of villages known as Kaniola. The area has been a frequent target of violence by Hutu militia. Her name has been changed to protect her from retribution.

"My name is Kahumba and I am 23 years old. The night of May 26 is a night I will never be able to forget. We were sleeping in our house when we heard a lot of commotion. People in the village were crying out "kandi rhwamafa," (a Mashi expression which means, "we die again." Mashi is the local language spoken in Kaniola).

"My mother told us to crawl under our beds. Five minutes later I heard them coming to our door. They forced it open and entered our house. Three Interahamwe with guns and machetes entered our house. They were wearing the uniforms of FARDC troops (Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo) but they were speaking Kinyarwanda (the chief language of Rwanda).
"They shot and killed my elder brother immediately. It instantly brought back the memory of how they had killed my father last year. One of them grabbed my twin sister and raped her. Another one pulled me from under the bed where I was hiding. He stuffed a piece of cloth in my mouth and then raped me. When he was finished the third one also raped me, all the time saying to me, "If you make noise we kill you. Don't you see where your brother is lying on the floor?"

"I asked him to have mercy on me, but he said, "If you say that again we will kill you too." After he finished, he pushed a bottle into my sex (vagina). It was too painful. When they were leaving to go back into the bush, they grabbed my twin sister. My mother pleaded with them to let her go. She said she would give them two goats and 6,500 Congolese francs ($13) if they released her. But they took the money and the goats.as well as my sister.

"In the morning my mother and I walked very far to Muzinzi (a camp for internally displaced persons) to see a nurse. It was very difficult for me because of the pain. In Muzinzi we met other girls who had also been attacked. A car from [a German aid organization] took us to Bukavu for more medical care.

"As I wait in Bukavu, I feel there is no more reason to live because at any time I can be killed like my brother, my father and other people in our village. I don't feel well and I don't know if I was infected with the HIV virus during my rape. I'm speaking and walking, but with so much suffering in my heart. Why did this happen to Kaniola? What did we do before the eyes of God ? I believe the Interahamwe want to kill us all.

"My twin sister is still in the forest with our attackers. I don't know if she's alive or dead. I don't want to go back to home. Now when I dream, I only see people who come to kill me."
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

newman

Re: Daily life in the Congo
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
The turd world is a complete waste of the West's time, money and energy. Chaim is right. It's better to let the baboons of afrikka die of aids or starvation.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:46:45 AM »
The turd world is a complete waste of the West's time, money and energy. Chaim is right. It's better to let the baboons of afrikka die of aids or starvation.
I just heard that malaria is killing them off faster than
AIDS at about one every 30 seconds -- that's a masacure!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:26:57 PM »
Masacure is funny!!!  I will have to use that...
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:35:32 AM »
Congo, South Africa, Tangenika, Rwanda, Nigeria, Ivery Coast etc., Paris, London, Toronto, Detroit, Philly, Washington, LA, Kingston, Port au Prince.....no matter which country or city seems that Dr. J. Phillip Rushton is correct. :)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 10:32:26 AM »
I will bet you guys a million bucks that some do gooder group will ask for polictical asylum the total population of the congo to be settled in a neighborhood near you. I have just read something about a giant wave of muzzies from Iraq that will be dumped on us here in the USA. Just what we need, more moslems. They already have imported thousands of creatures from Burundi. This creatures are so stupid that they must be taught how to use a toilet and toilet paper. This is one job this American won't do, for sure. We are letting stupidity destroy our nation. Why in the world would we send our youth to fight in Iraq while letting their youth come to our country? Am I missing something here?

newman

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Isn't it amazing how the white people suffer floods, droughts, wars etc but hang around to sort things out instead of invading other people's homes because they've [censored] in their own nest.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 10:57:19 AM »
Isn't it amazing how the white people suffer floods, droughts, wars etc but hang around to sort things out instead of invading other people's homes because they've [censored] in their own nest.
Agreed. I liked the article of the storms in Colorado where many whites suffered from damage to property, no water, power ect. FIMA did nothing, no one complained or accused anyone of "racism" like the shvartzas with their leftist ilk in New Orleans.  I'm sick and tired of it all really, I really wish they'd all acted upon the "African" part of "African American" to take all of their assets, exchange in their Canadian, American, British, Israeli, or EU Passports and go back to Africa and rebuild it themselves.  Show some fcuking pride and not just big mouths supporting hate-whitey and every "progressive" cause until America is a Black or Islamic Turd World despotic toilet.... 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

newman

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »
Agreed. I liked the article of the storms in Colorado where many whites suffered from damage to property, no water, power ect. FIMA did nothing, no one complained or accused anyone of "racism" like the shvartzas with their leftist ilk in New Orleans.  I'm sick and tired of it all really, I really wish they'd all acted upon the "African" part of "African American" to take all of their assets, exchange in their Canadian, American, British, Israeli, or EU Passports and go back to Africa and rebuild it themselves.  Show some fcuking pride and not just big mouths supporting hate-whitey and every "progressive" cause until America is a Black or Islamic Turd World despotic toilet.... 

Bravo....

Why doesn't someone put it to these violin players?

If whitey is such a b_stard and they're so smart and they invented everything.....why don't they tell us to shove it and go back to mutha affrikka and build a utopia and show us nasty crackers how it's done...HA?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »
newman:  "...Why doesn't someone put it to these violin players?..."

newman,

You don't like the attitudes and sounds of the String Section?

Perhaps it is The Conductor Of The Orchestra, and the Symphony's Corporate Sponsors, who are the ones responsible for producing and controlling the Symphony!

The String Section merely read and play what is written on the page for them.

They must perform the written notes according to the will of their Conductor.

The Conductor must perform the written works necessary to please the Corporate Sponsors, who are essential for the paychecks required to maintain and manage the Symphony.

The Corporate Sponsors OWN the Conductor, and must approve of the Conductor's choice of the Musical Composers and their Musical Compositions which make up each year's Concert Program.

There is no shortage of String Players awaiting to replace the String Section.

In addition, there are more than a few qualified Conductors from which to choose, should the current Conductor's contract be no longer extended, or should the position be vacated.

The forest remains, even if some of its trees are removed.

The Landowner is responsible for the forest on the land.

Offline bongoid

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 04:37:39 PM »
 :laugh: "Bongo !, Bongo ! , Bongo , ! I don't wanna leave the Congo ............"