Author Topic: Is Anti Zionism Anti Semitic or Anti Jewish or Anti Judaism ?  (Read 441 times)

Offline missouricitizen

• New JTFer
Is Anti Zionism Anti Semitic or Anti Jewish or Anti Judaism ?
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »
Message body My question is this some people claim they are not Anti Semitic or Anti Jewish or Anti Judaism they are only Anti Zionist and Anti Zionism but isn't Zionism linked to Judaism because Judaism teaches that God gave the Jews the Land of Israel and the Jews hope to return to Zion when their Messiah comes and Judaism believes that the Land belongs to the Jews I know that there are Anti Zionist Orthodox Jews but they still believe that they will have the Land when the Messiah comes they still view the Land as theirs thank you for taking your time to answer my question ?

Question 14.4:
Are all Jews Zionists?

Jews are Zionists in the sense that the restoration of the Jewish people in its homeland is a fundamental tenet of Judaism. Most Jews support the state of Israel--the basic realization of Zionism. Some Jews, however, do not accept Zionism as a political movement, but believe that independence will only come with the advent of the Messiah. There are still other Jews who feel that the question of an independent Jewish state is independent of the question of the Messiah. Lastly, some Jews do not support Zionism for historical reasons.
Zionism developed into an organized political movement, in a period marked by growing recognition of national movements in Europe, when Jews felt the time was ready for the reassertion of Jewish National Identity.
As a movement, it was further spurred by growing antisemitism in Europe in the latter part of the 19th century, as groups of Jews emigrated to what became Israel. It was formally organized into a national movement in 1897, with the call for the restoration of the Jewish national home.

http://www.shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq/14-04.html

Question 14.5: Do Diaspora Jews (Jews outside Israel) support Zionism?
Answer:

Diaspora Jews, on the whole, support Zionism in one way or another
   through active participation in aspects of the movement itself, or
   through public and/or financial support of Israel.

Some Diaspora Jews realize their belief in Zionism by immigrating to
   the Land of Israel (making 'aliyah' - "going up") to participate
   directly in the task of rebuilding the nation.

Diaspora Jews, whether or not associated with Zionist activities, have
   been enriched culturally, socially and spiritually by the
   reestablishment of Israel in its ancestral homeland. Even non-Zionist
   and anti-Zionist Jews find Israel an excellent place for Torah study.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/judaism/FAQ/08-Israel/section-6.html

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Re: Is Anti Zionism Anti Semitic or Anti Jewish or Anti Judaism ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
Its the same thing !  >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »
Shalom my friends,

I just got home from a whole day of davening for Yom Kippur.... I fasted for 26 hours and just ate, my fast was easy as I hope all who fasted had an easy fast. Have you noticed that as time goes by it becomes easier.

To answer the question of the poster...

RELIGIOUS JUDAISM = ZIONISM

There is no separating the two. I prayed from 9AM this morning till 9AM tonight, thats 12 hours of constant prayer.

How many times did we pray for Jerusalem? 100s? maybe 1000s of times....

How do we conclude the Neilah service? We all say "Next year in Jerusalem"...

We also mention ZION many 100s of times in our prayers.

Religious Jews face toward Jerusalem when we pray every day. We remember the service we did in the Temple and pray that Hashem will again accept our offerings.

To me it is a silly question if there is a difference between anti-zionism and anti-Judaism... To me a religious Jew must be a zionist or else his prayers are all baloney....

I am a hardline rightwing ZIONIST and I am proud of it! Baruch Hashem!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
Message body My question is this some people claim they are not Anti Semitic or Anti Jewish or Anti Judaism they are only Anti Zionist and Anti Zionism but isn't Zionism linked to Judaism because Judaism teaches that G-d gave the Jews the Land of Israel and the Jews hope to return to Zion when their Messiah comes and Judaism believes that the Land belongs to the Jews I know that there are Anti Zionist Orthodox Jews but they still believe that they will have the Land when the Messiah comes they still view the Land as theirs thank you for taking your time to answer my question ?

Question 14.4:
Are all Jews Zionists?

Jews are Zionists in the sense that the restoration of the Jewish people in its homeland is a fundamental tenet of Judaism. Most Jews support the state of Israel--the basic realization of Zionism. Some Jews, however, do not accept Zionism as a political movement, but believe that independence will only come with the advent of the Messiah. There are still other Jews who feel that the question of an independent Jewish state is independent of the question of the Messiah. Lastly, some Jews do not support Zionism for historical reasons.
Zionism developed into an organized political movement, in a period marked by growing recognition of national movements in Europe, when Jews felt the time was ready for the reassertion of Jewish National Identity.
As a movement, it was further spurred by growing antisemitism in Europe in the latter part of the 19th century, as groups of Jews emigrated to what became Israel. It was formally organized into a national movement in 1897, with the call for the restoration of the Jewish national home.

http://www.shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq/14-04.html

Question 14.5: Do Diaspora Jews (Jews outside Israel) support Zionism?
Answer:

Diaspora Jews, on the whole, support Zionism in one way or another
   through active participation in aspects of the movement itself, or
   through public and/or financial support of Israel.

Some Diaspora Jews realize their belief in Zionism by immigrating to
   the Land of Israel (making 'aliyah' - "going up") to participate
   directly in the task of rebuilding the nation.

Diaspora Jews, whether or not associated with Zionist activities, have
   been enriched culturally, socially and spiritually by the
   reestablishment of Israel in its ancestral homeland. Even non-Zionist
   and anti-Zionist Jews find Israel an excellent place for Torah study.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/judaism/FAQ/08-Israel/section-6.html

We (Jews) have always believed we would return to the land of Israel, but it is not contingent on the messiah coming first.  We ALSO believe our messiah will come, but you have the reverse relationship.  Its the anointing of a messiah which requires Jewish settlement of Israel and a Jedwish sovereignty over the land of israel.   The messiah will be anointed after a Jewish king fulfills certain criteria, including building the 3rd Temple.  That jewish ruler will be anointed messiah.