Author Topic: "The Clap"  (Read 807 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
"The Clap"
« on: October 12, 2011, 01:12:46 AM »
Now for a music-themed post... I am thinking of all the 'guitar gods' which I have seen. I hope to post the youtube video to several of them on my blog soon...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: "The Clap"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
Steve Howe plays 'Sketches in the Sun'... On a 12-string...

And from his 1st Solo album...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:18:08 AM »
Are you familiar with Tommy Emmanuel?  Search for him on youtube.  He just may be the greatest guitar player that I've ever seen.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:14 AM »
Are you familiar with Tommy Emmanuel?  Search for him on youtube.  He just may be the greatest guitar player that I've ever seen.

I have not heard of him... I know most 'guitar gods' of the 80s-90s... I will look into Tommy Emmanuel... Did he play with any bands I might know?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »
Here is Steve Howe doing 'Classical Gas'...

I will watch Tommys version after...

BTW, I've seen Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Robin Trower, and Steve Howe, Carlos Santana and some others I cant recall at this moment..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »
Just thinking about Robin Trower.... 'Bridge of Sighs'...

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 01:25:15 AM »
I have not heard of him... I know most 'guitar gods' of the 80s-90s... I will look into Tommy Emmanuel... Did he play with any bands I might know?

I don't know if he played with any bands.  Someone told me about how great he was and I only know him from youtube videos.  You only have to see him once to know how great he is.  

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 01:25:54 AM »
I don't know if he played with any bands.  Someone told me about how great he was and I only know him from youtube videos.  You only have to see him once to know how great he is.  

Yes, I am impressed... I will look into seeing if he ever plays in my area...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »
Yngwie...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 01:35:58 AM »
I also saw Eric Johnson many years ago:

Live in 1988 {about when I saw him}..

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:52:45 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »
Alright, enough already....

Here are three guitar heros on stage all jamming to 'Red House':

Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, & Joe Satriani...