Author Topic: Cereal  (Read 5160 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Cereal
« on: June 17, 2007, 06:00:43 AM »
What's Chaim's opinion of cereal and what's your opinion? 

What do you think of the recent attempts to prohibit what the cereal companies could sell?
Is it too much regulation?

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2007/20070614135616.aspx

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Cereal
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 06:02:52 AM »
I think cereal is a scam since the cereal companies have monopolies over this food and charge too much money for this crap.  $5 for a box of something made from powdered corn and chocolate?  How much did it cost them to make that, 50 cents?  That's why I don't eat cereal or breakfast at all for that matter. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:11:13 AM »
I think cereal is a scam since the cereal companies have monopolies over this food and charge too much money for this crap.  $5 for a box of something made from powdered corn and chocolate?  How much did it cost them to make that, 50 cents?  That's why I don't eat cereal or breakfast at all for that matter. 

Not all cereals contain a lot of sugar or cholesterol.  Would one of these be considered better?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
I think we have too many regulations - all our choices are being taken away from us.
The answer is not to buy it if you're against the product and how it is marketed.
That should send a clear message to the manufacturer of products.
I agree with jdl4ever just don't buy it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:25:44 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »
Cereal makes me sick, too many choices and all so crunchy! :-X

Its great that people can go to work with a stomach full of sugar and corn.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 12:19:03 PM »
Well do what I do get Cheerios or Cornflakes that aren't sweeten as much.  And if you want to flavor your cereal used sliced berries or bananas.   
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 02:29:04 PM »
I used to always have cheerios or bran flakes for breakfast and i guess i've lost my liking for them.......when i was 6 years old i very stupidly tried to eat cornflakes with water because there wasn't any milk .:D I still remember the taste and haven't touched them since.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 10:01:39 PM »
YUCKKK LOL :-X
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 01:41:45 AM »
I do like Special K with honey. If that makes me a sinner, so be it.  :P

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 04:56:30 AM »
Well do what I do get Cheerios or Cornflakes that aren't sweeten as much.  And if you want to flavor your cereal used sliced berries or bananas.   
Your right MasterWolf1 thats the ones I buy myself for the most part. Cornflakes and Cheerios are really the best ones of this product. The only thing is I must confess that I use quite a bit of sugar with my cereals so I am defeating the less sugar benefit. I also love a big bowl of Pops at night before bed which is even more crazy because I think they use artificial sweeteners in them now. I can see Chaim shaking his head now if he saw this. I really believe that the cereal companies are as bad as the tobacco companies addicting children to all this sugar garbage once they are use to it its hard to get them away from it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »
I do like Special K with honey. If that makes me a sinner, so be it.  :P
Honey is a great natural sweetner with - well i believe to be- a great number of healing results.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 05:54:41 PM »
Well honey is good when you got a soar throat, I hate cough drops.  But a tea spoon of honey helps a lot to sooth.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:28 AM »
I used to always have cheerios or bran flakes for breakfast and i guess i've lost my liking for them.......when i was 6 years old i very stupidly tried to eat cornflakes with water because there wasn't any milk .:D I still remember the taste and haven't touched them since.

LOL, when I was a kid, I remember not having milk at home, so I poured Orange juice into my frosted flakes.

Allen-T

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:07 PM »

Discount racks, if you are a cereal junkie. You can get mangled boxes, but with the inner bag still sealed,the date is good, etc. for $1.50 - $2.00 a box. I am trying to cut down because of the carbs, but I could live on Cheerio's & Rice Krispies. I should start a section on how to save like this. I hate wasting money. Another tip; you can find excellent condition top quality shoes, Dr.Martins, Hush Puppies, etc. at Salvation Armies for $5-$10. Screw the corporations.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:01:03 PM by Allen-T »

Allen-T

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »

LOL, when I was a kid, I remember not having milk at home, so I poured Orange juice into my frosted flakes.

Some diets tell you to do that. I tried it once. mmm-hmmmm

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »
I eat cereal often for breakfast,
I only buy organic, all natural Kashi or Cascadian Farms brands. I get them at STOP-N-SHOP for $3.50-4.40/box.
They make all types of cereals similar to those that  Post, Kellogg's,General Mills make. ONLY healthier, try 'em.
they're mmmmmmmmmmm- good!  :D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »

;D Very well....i'll call it a form of creativity.

Offline ScotcH

• Senior JTFer
  • The burden that hath befallen Man ...
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »
I would advise you folks not to go BANANAS over Cereal !... It's not that Healthy  :o
SUBMISSION IS DEATH !

Allen-T

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 03:24:49 PM »
Quisp

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 10:52:38 AM »
I would advise you folks not to go BANANAS over Cereal !... It's not that Healthy  :o

Why do you dislike it?

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »
I've never been a big fan of cereal.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 01:01:22 AM »
In terms of why it could be unhealthy, it's mainly refined carbs.  When I have cereal for breakfast, I get hungry very soon afterwards.  I need some kind of protein as well.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32:04 AM »
In terms of why it could be unhealthy, it's mainly refined carbs.  When I have cereal for breakfast, I get hungry very soon afterwards.  I need some kind of protein as well.

Refined carbs in comparison to what other kind of carbs? 

When I eat cereal, I tend to eat two bowls.  Sometimes I have a banana with it. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
White flour and white rice are examples of a refined carb.  In the process all the fiber is removed and all you're left with is something that will spike up your blood sugar only to have it crash shortly afterwards. 

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 06:32:08 PM »
If you have time in the morning the best thing for protein and balanced with carbs if you are not a huge cereal fan. Try eggwhites with 7 grain toast.