Author Topic: Gilad Shalit is a French citizen?  (Read 919 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Gilad Shalit is a French citizen?
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »
I just learned from an article I was reading that Gilad Shalit has dual Israeli-French citizenship....

I wonder why the French did not do more to release him?

And now US is not so happy about the release of the prisoners for Shalits release.... Apparently several dozen of the murderers also have Jewish-American blood on their hands.... Now America is forced to mount an operation to round up and punish these free murderers...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/148903#.Tp3B3h-6SL8

US Flip-Flops, Criticizes Shalit Deal

US officials retracted praise of Israel's terrorists-for-Shalit deal when it was learned some of those released had killed US citizens.
Gavriel Queenann

In an apparent about-face, US officials criticized Tuesday evening the deal brokered for the freedom of Gilad Shalit, which set hundreds of terrorists, including those who had murdered Americans, free.

The criticism came after it became clear that the released terrorists included those who had murdered Jews with United States citizenship.

Earlier on Tuesday, US President Barak Obama had said he was pleased with the deal that set Shalit free  despite his own nation’s strict policy of not negotiating with terrorists for the release of its citizens.

Obama also expressed the hope Israel and officials in Ramallah would take the steps necessary to return to the negotiating table.

Previously, US secretary of state Hillary Clinton also praised Israel for negotiating with terrorists to secure Shalit's release.

French President Sarkozy welcomed the release of Gilad Shalit, saying France had breathed a sigh of relief. Visiting the port city of Nice, Sarkozy's opined Shalit's French citizenship helped keep him alive. He added that Gilad will visit France soon.

Britain's foreign secretary William Hague also welcomed the release of Gilad Shalit, and like Obama, added he hoped the terrorists-for-Shalit deal would provide positive momentum allowing the resumption of peace talks.

It is unclear why the Shalit deal would provide any such momentum. Israel's deal to release 1,027 security prisoners, some 450 convicted on terrorism charges, for Shalit was made with the Hamas terror organization in Gaza and not Palestinian Authority officials in Ramallah.  Hamas encouraged those who were released to go back to terrorist acts.

Hamas had vowed never to negotiate with Israel.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Gilad Shalit is a French citizen?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
I would not hold your breath waiting for the USA to take out Arab murderers, especially under this President.

Did it say how Shalit got French citizenship?  Was he born there?  Were his parents?  The ultimate insult was that he was planning Yerida and we let over 1,000 terrorists out to save him so he could make his way to France.  Don't get me wrong, he was defending Israel when captured and deserves our best efforts but this would just rub salt into the wounds.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
Re: Gilad Shalit is a French citizen?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
I think his family originally made Aliyah from France.  It is not surprising that the countries of Origin did nothing.  The U.S. does nothing about the murder of its Jewish citizens in Israel either.  Jews do not matter to them.  Notice that the State dept. never mentions Jewish citizens killed or maimed in Israel as being a security concern?  Ptttt!
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא