Author Topic: Tunisia Poised to Elect Islamic Party  (Read 372 times)

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Tunisia Poised to Elect Islamic Party
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:38 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15416702

Voting has begun in Tunisia in the first free election of the Arab Spring, nine months after the fall of former President Zinedine el Abidine Ben Ali.

Voters will elect a 217-seat assembly that will draft a new constitution and appoint an interim government.

Islamist party Ennahda is expected to win the most votes, though it is not clear if it will gain a majority.

=====================

But don't worry, guys! The article goes on to say the Ennahda party is a moderate islamic party and they still have a commitment to women's rights and democracy. Oh yeah, I bet! Moderate islamist is like saying moderate nazi or having a hole in your head and saying you're moderately dead. Tunisia begins its descent into islamic darkness. I'm guessing the old dictator Ben-Ali did what he could to hold it off for as long as possible.

That's the Arab Spring for you!!!
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Tunisia Poised to Elect Islamic Party
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
Welcome to the Arab Spring, which will soon be followed by a huge desert storm...  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Tunisia Poised to Elect Islamic Party
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
Gradually these Islamic factions will take over all the countries to unite in a Caliphate...Thank the Left's policies and Ideologies for this!   Moving troops out of Iraq is a Big Mistake too, we should have finished there, now Iran will be invading and making trouble!