Author Topic: Just for the Niggun Lover  (Read 2858 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Just for the Niggun Lover
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »
Who doesn't love a lively niggun? Nothing like zmeirot on Shabbat when we break into beautiful melodies. I try to learn Nigguns which I can teach others at the Shabbat meal table...

The words to Nigguns are incredible easy... Who can't say "Dai Dai Dai" or "Doo Doo Doo" and even "Oy Oy Oy"... Some say "Nai Nai Nai" or "Pie Pie Pie" or any other word which works for you...

Rabbi Lazer Brody and friends sing the Rebbe Nachman Lecha Dodi Niggun:

Chabad's Rebbe was awesome at Niggunim:

Baal Shem Tovs Niggun at his grave:

Rebbe Shlomo Carlebachs rendition of 'The Krakow Niggun':

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Just for the Niggun Lover
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:22:19 AM »
The 'muman'/Uman niggun:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »
I never grow tired of niggunim... I hum them when I drive to work, when walking in the halls at work, and when I get home...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:51:17 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 01:00:02 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »
I had a great Shabbat this afternoon. I love my minyan and it is so nice being with people who respect you. Today we had a Rabbi visit us from Sacramento who brought his whole family with him. We had three Rabbis and their families so there were a LOT of children with us today.

The Sacramento Rabbi was one who liked Nigguns a lot and he broke out in several during the davening. Having gotten in the mood for nigguns myself I joined in his nigguns and really had a great time...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:44:12 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
Once again I hope that everyone who is reading my posts is enjoying the nigguns as much as I am. I post them for the purpose of lifting the spirits of my fellow Jew and righteous gentile. The spirit needs to be nourished just like the body, and in my opinion the niggun is a spiritual salve.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:56:28 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
If anyone finds any Nigguns they enjoy I would love to see them...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 02:33:30 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 02:46:09 AM »