Author Topic: Kenya asks Israel for aid in fighting Al Shabab  (Read 763 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Kenya asks Israel for aid in fighting Al Shabab
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4148070,00.html  

Kenya asks Israel for help fighting terrorists

Kenyan prime minister seeking Israel's support in stopping reprisal terror attacks by al-Qaeda-linked militant group

Associated Press
Published:    11.14.11, 14:27 / Israel News

Kenya's Prime Minister Raila Odinga is seeking Israel's support in stopping reprisal terror attacks by an al-Qaeda-linked militant group Kenyan troops are pursuing in Somalia.

A government statement Monday said Prime Minister Odinga asked Israeli President Shimon Peres for assistance in building the capacity of the Kenyan police to deal with attacks by al-Shabab militants. Odinga also met on Monday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem.

Prime Minister Odinga meets with PM Netanyahu (Photo: GPO)

Israeli security forces are among the best in the world in dealing with terror threats, but al-Shabab could view Kenya's request as a provocation.

Kenya last month sent hundreds of troops into Somalia to pursue al-Shabab, whom it blames for attacks and kidnappings in Kenya. In response, al-Shabab has threatened to carry out terror attacks in Kenya's capital.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Kenya asks Israel for aid in fighting Al Shabab
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »
I see that after a longtime, someone has asked for help for the right purpose from the right agency.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
I think he's Obama's cousin isn't he (Odinga)?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »
I think he's Obama's cousin isn't he (Odinga)?
Oh gee you're right :o :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
Odinga has called his son after Fidel Castro. He grew up partly in the DDR. He is related to Obama.

Peres and Netanyahu should be carefull when they meet him.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
It can be a plot to trap Israel or harass them. But even if it is, Israel has the guts to come clear out of it.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 11:36:52 PM »
some old newsreels of the DDR a noticed some coloured kids in the crowd at a parade , i often wondered who they were .