Author Topic: "The MOST Important Video About Israel You'll Ever See! "  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
"The MOST Important Video About Israel You'll Ever See! "
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: "The MOST Important Video About Israel You'll Ever See! "
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
בס''ד

Unfortunately, in their "endorsements" section, they work with traitors like Shlomo Riskin, who raises money for the Arab Muslim Nazis and who advocates suicidal retreats from the land of Israel; the Houston Federation, which gives most of its money to evil causes; the Orthodox Union, which bought full-page ads in the New York Nazi Times endorsing the Oslo agreements, and whose vice president David Luchins ys"v worked obsessively to keep the Jewish hero Jonathan Pollard in prison for the rest of his life; and Danny Ayalon, who is part of the Netanyahu-Likud government of treason.

The number one enemy of the Jewish people and the land of Israel in our generation is not the Arabs or Gentile anti-Semites. The number one enemy is the self-hating Jewish traitors of the erev rav establishment. To save Israel from national suicide, we must defeat and replace the erev rav establishment. This group does not seek to do that. In fact, they work with and legitimize the establishment among rightwing Jews. Which is what the Yesha Council does.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
A very well done video.  Also nice to see lots of John Voight as well.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
I will repeat once again that the OU now supports the release of Jonathan Pollard.

It is most regrettable that at one time the OU was against {as Chaim says} the release of Pollard although I can find little evidence of that {via internet searches}. But is is wrong to continually state a falsehood {such that OU is against Pollards release}.

http://www.ou.org/torah/article/should_jonathan_pollard_be_released

Should Jonathan Pollard Be Released?

A broad-based interfaith coalition comprised of more than 500 members of the clergy and community leaders have sent a letter to President Barack Obama, in which they called on the President to commute the sentence of Jonathan Pollard to time served.

The letter was spearheaded by David Nyer, an Orthodox Jewish activist, who collaborated on with both Jewish and non-Jewish organizations. Nyer noted that Jonathan Pollard's life sentence is grossly disproportionate when compared to the sentences of others who have spied for allied nations. Pollard, who just began his 26th year in federal prison, has repeatedly expressed his remorse publicly and in private in letters. His health has deteriorated significantly during his two-and-a-half decades in prison.

The signatories on the letter include prominent religious and communal leaders from a wide array of Christian and Jewish communities, including representatives of Alliance for Jewish Renewal, American Values, Amit, Association of Reform Zionists of America, B'nai B'rith International, Central Conference of American Rabbis, Christians United for Israel, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, EMUNAH of America, Florida Council of Churches, Hebrew Union College, Hillel, JCC's of North America, Jewish Women International, National Council of Young Israel, New York Board of Rabbis, ORT America, Inc., Orthodox Union, Rabbinical Council of America, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, Religious Zionists of America-Mizrachi, Simon Wiesenthal Center, Union for Reform Judaism, Yeshiva University, and the Zionist Organization of America.

The full body of the letter follows below:

January 3, 2011

The Honorable Barack H. Obama
President of the United States
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President:

We, the undersigned over five hundred religious and communal leaders representative of the broad spectrum of the American faith community - wish to add our voices in support of clemency for Jonathan Pollard. We are united in the fundamental belief that "Justice, only justice, shall you pursue" (Deuteronomy 16:20), which rests at the core of our moral principles and system of justice.

Mr. Pollard is currently serving his 26th year of a life sentence, having been indicted on one count of passing classified information to an ally without intent to harm the United States. We certainly do not condone his crime, nor do we underestimate the gravity of the offense. But it is patently clear that the sentence was and remains terribly disproportionate - the average punishment is a 2-4 year prison term - and (as several federal judges have noted) constitutes a gross miscarriage of justice.

As you know, prominent figures from across the spectrum have publicly stated their support for Mr. Pollard's release. They include Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel, Senators Charles Schumer and Arlen Specter, Harvard Law Professors Charles Ogletree and Alan Dershowitz, former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, former Assistant Secretary of Defense Lawrence Korb, Rev. Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame, Benjamin Hooks of the NAACP, former federal Judge George Leighton, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former U.S. Solicitor General Theodore Olsen, Pastor John Hagee, and Gary Bauer. Furthermore, thirty-nine members of Congress have recently submitted to you a "Dear Colleague" letter led by Congressman Barney Frank in support of commuting Mr. Pollard's sentence. Perhaps most noteworthy, similar support has come from those who have seen the classified information of the actual damage caused including former CIA Director R. James Woolsey, Congressman Anthony Weiner, and former Senator and Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Dennis DeConcini.

After more than two and a half decades in prison, Mr. Pollard's health is declining. He has repeatedly expressed remorse for his actions, and by all accounts has served as a model inmate.

Commuting his sentence to time served would be a wholly appropriate exercise of your power of clemency - as well as a matter of basic fairness and American justice. It would also represent a clear sense of compassion and reconciliation - a sign of hope much needed in today's world of tension and turmoil.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

PS: It seems that OU now stands against the Oslo accord.... http://www.ou.org/torah/tt/5761/vayigash61/specialfeatures.htm
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:58:56 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »
I don't know. I just posted the video because its very good. I also know that people and groups like the Yesha council and Riskin are not good at all. But the problem is do they (others) know that as well? For example I saw Riskin at a Glenn Beck t.v. show. Beck is very pro-Israel as well, I'm guessing that when they try to get someone "representing" the settlers, they are sent these types of people (probably by the gov. and/or other establishment organizations). BUT we cant hold that against people like Glenn Beck (for this case at least).
 Also the narrator I believe I saw him on ArutzSheva before, I would say he is good as well.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
I don't know. I just posted the video because its very good. I also know that people and groups like the Yesha council and Riskin are not good at all. But the problem is do they (others) know that as well? For example I saw Riskin at a Glenn Beck t.v. show. Beck is very pro-Israel as well, I'm guessing that when they try to get someone "representing" the settlers, they are sent these types of people (probably by the gov. and/or other establishment organizations). BUT we cant hold that against people like Glenn Beck (for this case at least).
 Also the narrator I believe I saw him on ArutzSheva before, I would say he is good as well.

Yes, that is Jeremy Gimpel... He and Ari Abromowitz do the show 'Tuesday Night Live'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
I will repeat once again that the OU now supports the release of Jonathan Pollard.

Yeah I guess cause its too popular with orthodox Jews now who want him freed, they can't go against the masses and still expect to receive donations from Orthodox Jews.

It is most regrettable that at one time the OU was against {as Chaim says} the release of Pollard although I can find little evidence of that {via internet searches}. But is is wrong to continually state a falsehood {such that OU is against Pollards release}.

Chaim didn't state any falsehood in that post!  The ou's luchins DID take out ads to keep Pollard in prison, fact.   Just because now they changed their mind does not erase what he did in the past or make it a falsehood!

PS: It seems that OU now stands against the Oslo accord.... http://www.ou.org/torah/tt/5761/vayigash61/specialfeatures.htm

Lol another flipflop.  Too little too late.  When the moment was critical, they deceived the Jewish people.  That is NOT leadership!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »
Yeah I guess cause its too popular with orthodox Jews now who want him freed, they can't go against the masses and still expect to receive donations from Orthodox Jews.

Chaim didn't state any falsehood in that post!  The ou's luchins DID take out ads to keep Pollard in prison, fact.   Just because now they changed their mind does not erase what he did in the past or make it a falsehood!

Lol another flipflop.  Too little too late.  When the moment was critical, they deceived the Jewish people.  That is NOT leadership!

Well as I stated their position today is supporting the release of Pollard. That is all I am saying. You will attempt to look for the wrong in your fellow Jew rather than give the benefit of the doubt. I, on the other hand, would rather see the good of the current OU decision and move on. So many people have changed their opinions on the Pollard matter and we should be supportive of them rather than derisive, at least in my opinion.

Every struggle eventually has its conclusion. I have dealt with many things in my life and I know that in every conflict we don't get our way, but if we act with good strategy we will accomplish the goal. It is obvious that Pollard is treated unfairly and all religious Jews know that we must work towards his release.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 05:11:49 PM »
Well as I stated their position today is supporting the release of Pollard. That is all I am saying.

But that was NOT all that you said.  You also said, "is wrong to continually state a falsehood {such that OU is against Pollards release}."

You made an accusation against Chaim.  I proved you wrong.

You will attempt to look for the wrong in your fellow Jew rather than give the benefit of the doubt. I, on the other hand,

Oh, really?   You were giving the benefit of the doubt when you accused Chaim of "spreading falsehood" when he actually did no such thing?   And not only did you not 'give the benefit of the doubt,' but the accusation you made can be proven wrong from within the same thread!   

I do not "attempt to look for the wrong in your fellow Jew," so don't accuse me of this.  And actually in your baseless accusation of me, you have done this very thing!  You have assumed the worst about me.   Why is it that VALID, FACT-BASED criticism of the lack of leadership by the OU (or any orthodox group) is considered by you to be "looking for the wrong in fellow Jews?"   Is no criticism of an orthodox group valid by a member of the orthodox masses (without whom they would not even exist btw?)   Am I not allowed to voice a concern because I don't have a rabbinical title or fancy organizational honor?   It's time this elitist nonsense is thrown out the window.    Either they can face the music or they can't.  And if they can't stand up to criticism, then as leaders Out With Them Too!

When it comes to leadership and decision-making, facts and logic matter.   Arguments-from-authority don't.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
But that was NOT all that you said.  You also said, "is wrong to continually state a falsehood {such that OU is against Pollards release}."

You made an accusation against Chaim.  I proved you wrong.

Oh, really?   You were giving the benefit of the doubt when you accused Chaim of "spreading falsehood" when he actually did no such thing?   And not only did you not 'give the benefit of the doubt,' but the accusation you made can be proven wrong from within the same thread!    

I do not "attempt to look for the wrong in your fellow Jew," so don't accuse me of this.  And actually in your baseless accusation of me, you have done this very thing!  You have assumed the worst about me.   Why is it that VALID, FACT-BASED criticism of the lack of leadership by the OU (or any orthodox group) is considered by you to be "looking for the wrong in fellow Jews?"   Is no criticism of an orthodox group valid by a member of the orthodox masses (without whom they would not even exist btw?)   Am I not allowed to voice a concern because I don't have a rabbinical title or fancy organizational honor?   It's time this elitist nonsense is thrown out the window.    Either they can face the music or they can't.  And if they can't stand up to criticism, then as leaders Out With Them Too!

When it comes to leadership and decision-making, facts and logic matter.   Arguments-from-authority don't.

KWRBT,

No you did not prove me wrong. I am right because OU is 100% for releasing Pollard. You cannot argue against that, thus what I said is true. It is 100% false to state the OU is against releasing Pollard. Your argument is weak.

You are attempting to discredit me for informing others of the truth, that OU now is for Pollards release. You have not disproven this fact.

I never said that in the past they were against it. That is most certainly true, but you certainly know that it is possible for things to change, and we should accept the good which OU does. You are attempting to claim I said they never were against it. If you are concerned about OU and their activity then attempt to change it through positive steps rather than attempting to brand the entire organization as wrong...

And I have the utmost respect for Chaim. Don't attempt to make it look like I am accusing him of things. I merely point out that on this topic things have changed, and it is wrong to continue to make accusations against those who have accepted their wrong doing.

It is regretful that OU took such positions. But I also give it credit for its work in keeping Jews kosher (Who otherwise would find it difficult to find food with a heksher) and outreaching to many Orthodox shuls.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:27:50 PM by muman613 »

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 05:31:40 PM »
Well as I stated their position today is supporting the release of Pollard. That is all I am saying. You will attempt to look for the wrong in your fellow Jew rather than give the benefit of the doubt. I, on the other hand, would rather see the good of the current OU decision and move on. So many people have changed their opinions on the Pollard matter and we should be supportive of them rather than derisive, at least in my opinion.

Every struggle eventually has its conclusion. I have dealt with many things in my life and I know that in every conflict we don't get our way, but if we act with good strategy we will accomplish the goal. It is obvious that Pollard is treated unfairly and all religious Jews know that we must work towards his release.

בס''ד

The OU worked actively to keep a Jewish hero in prison when David Luchins yimach shmo vezichro was vice president of that cursed organization. To hand over a fellow Jew to the authorities or to work to keep him behind bars is an unforgivable crime. We are commanded to curse informers and mosrim like Luchins three times a day in our prayers. The entire OU went along with Luchins committing this atrocity.

During Oslo, the OU placed full-page ads in the New York Nazi Times supporting these treasonous agreements. Therefore the blood of 1800 Jews who were murdered because of the Oslo agreements is on the hands of the OU. Oslo also led to the surrender of the most sacred Jewish lands, and to this day it endangers Israel's very existence. The OU was a partner in this unforgivable crime.

These prostitutes with kipot are the ultimate chillul Hashem (desecration of G-d's name). They are the scum of the earth. May Hashem bring upon them what they did to Jonathan Pollard and to the 1800 Jewish murder victims of Oslo. May we live to see justice against these evil beasts both in this world and in the next.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »
בס''ד

The OU worked actively to keep a Jewish hero in prison when David Luchins yimach shmo vezichro was vice president of that cursed organization. To hand over a fellow Jew to the authorities or to work to keep him behind bars is an unforgivable crime. We are commanded to curse informers and mosrim like Luchins three times a day in our prayers. The entire OU went along with Luchins committing this atrocity.

During Oslo, the OU placed full-page ads in the New York Nazi Times supporting these treasonous agreements. Therefore the blood of 1800 Jews who were murdered because of the Oslo agreements is on the hands of the OU. Oslo also led to the surrender of the most sacred Jewish lands, and to this day it endangers Israel's very existence. The OU was a partner in this unforgivable crime.

These prostitutes with kipot are the ultimate chillul Hashem (desecration of G-d's name). They are the scum of the earth. May Hashem bring upon them what they did to Jonathan Pollard and to the 1800 Jewish murder victims of Oslo. May we live to see justice against these evil beasts both in this world and in the next.

Indeed Chaim you are correct that they did these things. And those who were responsible will be judged for their decision. But the organization itself has changed its position and actively is lobbying and supporting every attempt to release Pollard. I realize this may not rise to the level to excuse them in your eyes. But I believe that many people have made mistakes like this and come to regret their decisions.

I hope you understand that I respect your opinion and everyone elses but I will not curse the OU because I have seen the good it does. If that is not OK with you or you feel resentment towards me because of it I am very sorry.

I will not oppose you here on JTF out of respect for your opinion but I hope in the future you can reconsider your opinion toward OU. I have been a contributor to OU for many years and I benefit from their information and their Rabbis. It pains me that there is such division which causes this anger and strife.

There must be an answer to these problems. Please Hashem, give us the wisdom to see through this.

I am very upset about the increased antisemitism and I hope that we have a Jewish community which will stand up for us this time...

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
KWRBT,

No you did not prove me wrong. I am right because OU is 100% for releasing Pollard. You cannot argue against that, thus what I said is true. It is 100% false to state the OU is against releasing Pollard. Your argument is weak.

Please read carefully.  You accused Chaim (or someone?) of "spreading falsehood" about the OU.   NO ONE IN THIS THREAD HAS SPREAD ANY FALSEHOOD ABOUT THE OU.   Therefore, your claim about spreading falsehood was proven wrong.   I proved it wrong by directly quoting what Chaim said, and explaining how you twisted his words!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:54 PM »

And I have the utmost respect for Chaim. Don't attempt to make it look like I am accusing him of things. I merely point out that on this topic things have changed, and it is wrong to continue to make accusations against those who have accepted their wrong doing.

Btw, you speak about accepting wrongdoing.   Did they come out and apologize for what they did?   Did they do sincere teshuva publicly ?    I don't remember any of that happening.     Did they say sorry to the Jewish masses for misleading them?     Apologize to Pollard?   In what way did you decide that they "accepted wrongdoing?"

You want to believe that they are good.  I get that.  But not all of us will just go along with that.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »
Btw, you speak about accepting wrongdoing.   Did they come out and apologize for what they did?   Did they do sincere teshuva publicly ?    I don't remember any of that happening.     Did they say sorry to the Jewish masses for misleading them?     Apologize to Pollard?   In what way did you decide that they "accepted wrongdoing?"

I don't know if they did a 'full teshuva' in the halachic sense... True when a person is wronged by another person it is necessary to get their forgiveness in order to fully be cleansed of the sin. But my granting them forgiveness stems from the fact that they have altered their position and their actions are in line with their statement.

I have stated that I certainly condemn anyone who is against releasing Pollard...

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
Indeed Chaim you are correct that they did these things. And those who were responsible will be judged for their decision. But the organization itself has changed its position and actively is lobbying and supporting every attempt to release Pollard. I realize this may not rise to the level to excuse them in your eyes. But I believe that many people have made mistakes like this and come to regret their decisions.

I hope you understand that I respect your opinion and everyone elses but I will not curse the OU because I have seen the good it does. If that is not OK with you or you feel resentment towards me because of it I am very sorry.

I will not oppose you here on JTF out of respect for your opinion but I hope in the future you can reconsider your opinion toward OU. I have been a contributor to OU for many years and I benefit from their information and their Rabbis. It pains me that there is such division which causes this anger and strife.

There must be an answer to these problems. Please Hashem, give us the wisdom to see through this.

I am very upset about the increased antisemitism and I hope that we have a Jewish community which will stand up for us this time...

Are you for real? down with the Soviet Union

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
Are you for real? down with the Soviet Union

Of course I am real.... Are you? Seems like you are just lashing out at everyone today...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
Of course I am real.... Are you? Seems like you are just lashing out at everyone today...

Must be male PMS  :::D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_male_syndrome