Author Topic: Marco Rubio loves rap music  (Read 1704 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Marco Rubio loves rap music
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
בס''ד

This should tell us a lot about his moral principles.

BTW Rubio's positions on Israel and immigration are terrible.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/1111/Marco_Rubio_loves_rap_music.html?showall#

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: Marco Rubio loves rap music
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
what are his positions on immigration and Israel? I never checked so pardon my ignorance.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:49:12 PM »
Pathetic to see a near middle aged man listening to Rap music. 

Also, he seems ignorant on many political issues.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:41:31 AM »
When I first read this post I tried to give rubio the 'benefit of the doubt' and read the article hoping that he liked the one kind of hip-hop I think is listenable {which is Jewish religious hip-hop, some of which I posted in the Torah section}.... But I discovered he likes the '90s rap' which was the WORST OF THE WORST of gangster rap {Cop Killer, etc.} I think this is terrible news that a politician admits that he listens to this crap drek...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »
When I first read this post I tried to give rubio the 'benefit of the doubt' and read the article hoping that he liked the one kind of hip-hop I think is listenable {which is Jewish religious hip-hop, some of which I posted in the Torah section}.... But I discovered he likes the '90s rap' which was the WORST OF THE WORST of gangster rap {Cop Killer, etc.} I think this is terrible news that a politician admits that he listens to this crap drek...

Listenable Hip Hop????  Yikes.   I'd rather listen to the sound of my washing machine running its cycles.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:34:57 AM »
Listenable Hip Hop????  Yikes.   I'd rather listen to the sound of my washing machine running its cycles.

Check out the thread I posted, maybe you will find something you like... Or if you so please, don't.... But I think it sounds great in my car... My car has some big-donkey bass woofers in the trunk, and the bass on this Jewish hip-hop is heavy.... The lyrics are what draw me to this music because there are some very good lines in some of the songs...

My dislike of 'gansta rap' is just as strong as ever. Many years ago I would never imagine that I'd listen to this, but back then there was no religious Jews doing hip-hop...

See this thread if you have any interest : http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,58023.0.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 02:16:20 AM »
Check out the thread I posted, maybe you will find something you like... Or if you so please, don't.... But I think it sounds great in my car... My car has some big-donkey bass woofers in the trunk, and the bass on this Jewish hip-hop is heavy.... The lyrics are what draw me to this music because there are some very good lines in some of the songs...

My dislike of 'gansta rap' is just as strong as ever. Many years ago I would never imagine that I'd listen to this, but back then there was no religious Jews doing hip-hop...

See this thread if you have any interest : http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,58023.0.html

I guess I should be happy that there are a tiny percentage that are using it for a positive message. 

However, from a purely musical standpoint, hiphop is the equivalent of Teletubbies.  Its boring, repetitive and doesnt in any way, make me appreciate its skill, complexity, or anything else that I love about REAL music.

When I hear real music, I often find myself saying.... WOW, how did that musician come up with that melody?.. that is when I start to enjoy the music....    but Hip Hop never has that... its just predictable, annoying, and childish.

And yes, the message in 99% of popular hip hop is as just plain awful.  I'm sick of hearing how big a women's butt is, or how rich someone is and I wish I could be like him...

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »

All who promote cRap noise need to be sent to the chair.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
not sure I care what type of music politicians listen too. your average politician does much more harm that needs to be exposed, musical taste is just not that important.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
He probably just likes rap music since he grew up to it though of course his views on immigration and Israel are things we should oppose him on.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
I like 80's music...does that make me an dysfunctional eightieser?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein