Author Topic: Good old Jewish classic song- ( probably late 1960's) When singers could sing!  (Read 748 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
The girl in the middle has pretty eyes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The girl in the middle has pretty eyes.

Now do you understand why Religious Soldiers in the IDF refuse to listen to women singing live? The voice is certainly attractive and as a result I do not listen to many women singers.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Now do you understand why Religious Soldiers in the IDF refuse to listen to women singing live? The voice is certainly attractive and as a result I do not listen to many women singers.

It's just a video man, don't get all worked up.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
It's just a video man, don't get all worked up.

Oh yeah... I'm really worked up....

:::D

My point is that it is possible to be attracted to the voice. Many people who I talk with will argue about it but eventually agree that a womans voice is very inviting. I believe in greek mythology there are women demons who sing in order to cause ships to go off course {I just remembered that they are called 'sirens'}...

I have seen many women in my younger days {I used to go to Grateful Dead shows}. My experience is that women can get jealous even when a man just hears another women talking. This is why there is another Jewish wisdom which I will save for later which advises a man not to talk to women too much....

But I am not worked up... I make no judgement and just want to bring up this issue about the soldiers being punished for walking out on a show where women were singing....

From wiki page

In Greek mythology, the Sirens (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirēn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirēnes) were three dangerous mermaid like creatures, portrayed as seductresses who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. Roman poets placed them on an island called Sirenum scopuli. In some later, rationalized traditions, the literal geography of the "flowery" island of Anthemoessa, or Anthemusa,[1] is fixed: sometimes on Cape Pelorum and at others in the islands known as the Sirenuse, near Paestum, or in Capreae.[2] All such locations were surrounded by cliffs and rocks.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:42:32 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14