Author Topic: My Favorite Rifle of All Time - Nothing Beats The M-14  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
My Favorite Rifle of All Time - Nothing Beats The M-14
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
This is my baby; my pride and joy. It's M-14 all the way baby!!

Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
Re: My Favorite Rifle of All Time - Nothing Beats The M-14
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:54:05 AM »
These however are a lot of fun to play around with too. Ruger Mini 14 in 5.56 x 45 and AK-47 in 7.62 x 39.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »
This is a variant of the legendary Lee-Garand rifle of WW2 vintage , one hell of a weapon, that outclassed the krutty Kraut Mauser 98k.  A great weapon !

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 02:13:32 AM »
One has to be careful when buying a Garand. Many of them on the market are imports from S. Korea and the barrels are shot out of them; no accuracy at all. I bought one, I know this to be true. They are nice rifles however. I just upgraded my 9mm Sig Sauer to a 45 auto Colt. With all of these crack heads running around I feel safer with a 45 that will knock someone down in one or two shots rather than a 9mm that will just get them more angry and hostile. I love the gun laws up here in Oregon. After living in Kalifornia for so many years I forgot how nice it can be to get a weapon without a waiting period.

:dance:  :dance:   :dance:

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »
In the Uk we are not allowed to own guns !   Only criminals can have them! >:(

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »
Took the wife out to teach her how to shoot a couple of weeks ago. Brought along my dad's old .380 Auto for her. She wouldn't touch it; wanted to shoot the .45 Auto. First shot right between the eyes on the target at about 30 feet. The rest of the shots all around the heart and solar plexus. I think it was her way of telling me that I better be faithful...LOL. She doesn't need to worry. I need a shot like that next to me when all of the schvartzes start to riot after the election. We're taking out the assault rifles next weekend. I cannot imagine how good she'll be with a long gun. Guys, if you're going to get married, marry a woman who likes guns. I doesn't hurt if she thinks that the Three Stooges is funny either.

:dance:   :dance:   :dance:

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 02:38:03 AM »
I know the M-14 and the civilian M1A are great firearms, but I cannot say nothing will beat them.  As far as a battle combat 308 caliber rifle, I would much prefer the AR-10 platform.  I just purchased a new Armalite AR-10T and it is a mean machine.  However, every fire arm is a tool for a purpose.  So, depending on your application of the rifle, what rifle and configuration may work better than another.     I am going to be using my AR-10T for bench shooting at 300-600 yds..   Armalite produces reliable rifles that are built with high quality components, such as a heavy duty forged 7175-t73 Aluminum lower receiver and a AISI 416R Triple Lapped stainless match barrel.  Out of the box, this will probably be a much accurate rifle than your average M1A.   I have seen some very decked out match M1A rifles that certainly can hold their own, but I am more of an AR guy, so maybe I am biased.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 02:55:28 AM »
Oh Crap Not the 9 vs 45 Debate..  ;D   Bullet technology has been the equalizer!  Rather have 17rds of 9mm +P HP then 10rds of bulky 45s.  They have done many studies and comparisons and 45s do not have much more penetration then the 45.  Not enough of an advantage for the reduction in rounds that I can carry in my 9mm.

I am from Oregon originally and do like Oregon's gun laws (or lack of them).  Kalifornia is a Communist state and I do not ever want to go back down there again, unless I have to.  Dying relatives may be the only reason.

P.S. Those guns you have are not "assault rifles", they are just rifles or military-style rifles.

One has to be careful when buying a Garand. Many of them on the market are imports from S. Korea and the barrels are shot out of them; no accuracy at all. I bought one, I know this to be true. They are nice rifles however. I just upgraded my 9mm Sig Sauer to a 45 auto Colt. With all of these crack heads running around I feel safer with a 45 that will knock someone down in one or two shots rather than a 9mm that will just get them more angry and hostile. I love the gun laws up here in Oregon. After living in Kalifornia for so many years I forgot how nice it can be to get a weapon without a waiting period.

:dance:  :dance:   :dance:

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
Asmall calibre handgun , came across ,Frommer .25 Lilliput pistol recently , anyone ever fire one!?

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:10:49 AM »
I've fired some WWII Russian pistols that are like it, but never fired that particular gun.  It's a very compact pistol.  I am surprised to see semi auto mouse guns produced in that time period in Eastern Europe.  Seems to be a precursor to modern pocket guns like the Kel-Tec PF9.  How many rounds do the mags of that Frommer hold?  How easy would it even be to find magazines for that gun I wonder.     The gun appears to a knockoff of the Baby Browning pocket pistol that was produced about 20 years earlier..  Interesting.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Oh Crap Not the 9 vs 45 Debate..  ;D   Bullet technology has been the equalizer!  Rather have 17rds of 9mm +P HP then 10rds of bulky 45s.  They have done many studies and comparisons and 45s do not have much more penetration then the 45.  Not enough of an advantage for the reduction in rounds that I can carry in my 9mm.

I am from Oregon originally and do like Oregon's gun laws (or lack of them).  Kalifornia is a Communist state and I do not ever want to go back down there again, unless I have to.  Dying relatives may be the only reason.

P.S. Those guns you have are not "assault rifles", they are just rifles or military-style rifles.

There's a real simple solution to the 9mm vs .45 debate. Get a .45 and keep a 9mm as a backup.  ;D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »
There's a real simple solution to the 9mm vs .45 debate. Get a .45 and keep a 9mm as a backup.  ;D

Actually, I carry a 9mm and keep my 45 as backup..  I prefer carrying a 9mm handgun with a 17rd mag plus an extra 17rd mag of 9mm +P HST HP, which if you study ballistic tests, you will see the penetration and energy ratings are very close.    With modern bullet technology, rounds like Federal HST will expand to a similar to diameter as a .45 round and create a similar size wound cavity.  They have done studies in gel, as well as in animals the effectiveness of HP 45 and 9mm rounds and the two are so similar that it doesn't seem to me it can justify the extra expense and weight of carrying a .45.  Now, if we are talking FMJ rounds, the 45 obviously is a better choice than the 9mm, such as carrying Ball ammo used many years by the military. 

Also, considering how much more expensive it is train with .45, I prefer carrying the 9mm as it is cheaper to shoot and I can train and be more proficient with this round.  You will most likely do more shooting and practicing with a 9mm than a 45 round.   

I guess, my only comment is that if I was traveling through Kommiefornia, where hi-cap mags are illegal, maybe I would consider carrying my 45, with 10rd mags with me instead.

Sorry, to hijack this thread.. 9mm vs 45 probably can be a nice long thread in itself.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »
Actually, I carry a 9mm and keep my 45 as backup..  I prefer carrying a 9mm handgun with a 17rd mag plus an extra 17rd mag of 9mm +P HST HP, which if you study ballistic tests, you will see the penetration and energy ratings are very close.    With modern bullet technology, rounds like Federal HST will expand to a similar to diameter as a .45 round and create a similar size wound cavity.  They have done studies in gel, as well as in animals the effectiveness of HP 45 and 9mm rounds and the two are so similar that it doesn't seem to me it can justify the extra expense and weight of carrying a .45.  Now, if we are talking FMJ rounds, the 45 obviously is a better choice than the 9mm, such as carrying Ball ammo used many years by the military. 

Also, considering how much more expensive it is train with .45, I prefer carrying the 9mm as it is cheaper to shoot and I can train and be more proficient with this round.  You will most likely do more shooting and practicing with a 9mm than a 45 round.   

I guess, my only comment is that if I was traveling through Kommiefornia, where hi-cap mags are illegal, maybe I would consider carrying my 45, with 10rd mags with me instead.

Sorry, to hijack this thread.. 9mm vs 45 probably can be a nice long thread in itself.
I agree with you on this, plus you have less recoil so you get a faster on target response time!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.