Author Topic: Rabbi Doesn't Need To Shave Beard To Become Army Chaplain, Court Rules  (Read 570 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Federal Court Rules Chabad Rabbi Menachem Stern Can Keep His Beard, Become Army Chaplain

http://news.yahoo.com/rabbi-become-army-chaplain-beard-173612195.html

Every once in ten years or so, our injudiciary system manages to issue a ruling that's not a travesty and abomination. It looks like right now was one of those events. Good on Rabbi Stern for not giving up the fight. (The military sure doesn't seem to have a problem with bearded imams now, do they?)

Axl Rose

Rabbi Stern

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi Doesn't Need To Shave Beard To Become Army Chaplain, Court Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:02 AM »
Awesome news.... I believe that there are some laws that require companies, and the government, to grant religious freedom. I have been told that is probably why my company hasn't asked me to shave my beard, or cut my peyos...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »
If they didn't they know they would have a massive lawsuit on their hand for infringing on basic civil rights.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
While I am happy for the court ruling, the military usually doesn't allow beards for safety reasons because the safety equipment to protect against gas masks doesn't seal to the face, i honestly think the man would be better off not serving in the military, also why would someone want to join the military that is under Obama?