Author Topic: Sasha Baron Cohen's upcoming movie making fun of Muslims (trailer)  (Read 2692 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Sasha Baron Cohen's upcoming movie making fun of Muslims (trailer)
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
We all know Jew haters don't need much encouragement. During the "Running of the Jews" scene in Borat, the audience in the theatre (here in 'progressive' Boston) roared with laughter. It was clear to me they were not laughing at the ignorance of the Kazakh villagers, but at the mockery of the Jews. I literally relived William Grim's relatively recent experience during a 2002 screening of "The Pianist" in Germany:

http://www.rightwingnews.com/reader/eternal.php

I will never see another of Cohen's films again. He disgusts me.

I will have to admit that I did laugh at that scene.  It was over the top, but it was Islam 101.  THe way the Jew was depicted was exactly the way that Muslims draw Jews in their propaganda.   Same thing with the cockroach part and the money.   But again... what made me look back at all of this in anger was that they decided to make him a non-muslim.  That was typical leftist political correctness.

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
Re: Sasha Baron Cohen's upcoming movie making fun of Muslims (trailer)
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
I am willing to bet there were precious few Muslims in that audience. Most were 'good' Christians, always up for a good laugh/jab at the expense of a Jew(s). As you know, Christian Europe has a proud 2,000+ year history of continual Jew torture/massacres, the least of which have been "Runnings of the Jews".

I'm certain Sasha Baron Cohen did not assume audiences would be sophisticated enough to care about or detect their own Jew hatred while enjoying that scene. Nor do I believe he was being PC by making Borat a non-Muslim. For thousands of years we have been tortured by Muslims AND Christians. I don't really see the difference.
~__/>
  /\ /\