Author Topic: Governments are crazy  (Read 399 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Governments are crazy
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »
I wonder if this is what America will be like under ObamaCare, with the government intruding into every aspect of family life:

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/domestic-news/general/17412-finnish-officials-mull-taking-children-into-care-over-low-carb-diet.html

"A strict low-carb diet is very fatty, and it suppresses hunger. If you down eggs and bacon for breakfast it will take hours before you can even imagine eating again."

That's a good thing if it supresses appetite, the kid might not grow up to be fat. It also means he's not getting the excessive insulin released which will then cause low blood sugar and hunger to compensate for it, which eventually could lead to insulin resistance. I don't personally think he should be on a high fat diet all the time but are they seriously taking away a child for their parents giving him bacon and eggs for breakfast? When I was a kid I often had bacon (or sausage) and fried eggs and grits (with cheese or butter) or hash browns for breakfast and it didn't make me fat or unhealthy. I didn't get big until later on when I was a teen and that was for mainly emotional reasons. Granted I didn't eat that way every day, but it was fairly frequent.

From the article there's not even any evidence listed that the kid has any health problems or is abnormal in any of his blood tests.