Author Topic: LYNN SAMUELS IS DEAD AT THE AGE OF 69 1942-2011 Rest In Pizza  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Circus Boy

• Junior JTFer
LYNN SAMUELS IS DEAD AT THE AGE OF 69 1942-2011 Rest In Pizza
« on: December 25, 2011, 12:42:48 PM »
Lynn Samuels, whose acerbic voice and wit riled conservatives over New York City radio airwaves for more than 30 years, passed away Christmas Eve at the age of 69.

According to the New York Radio Message Board, Samuels had missed her Sirius Radio show on Saturday, which prompted management to call the police. Officers found her dead in her Queens apartment. No reason for the progressive talker’s death has been given as of this writing.

Samuels began her radio career donating her time doing office work at far-left station WBAI 99.5 FM in the late seventies. She quickly got her own late-night show at the station in 1979, where she developed her voice as a host. Her signature Queens accent and unusual take on things drew a loyal listener base. Samuels was a noted pioneer in free-form talk radio, and was able to seamlessly bounce from hard politics to the musings of her everyday life without losing her audience. The Right Perspective‘s Frank from Queens was an in-studio guest and frequent caller to her show, despite their polar-opposite political views.

The progressive talker was an odd choice for WABC 77AM to add to its lineup in 1987. It was then when Program Director Phil Boyce was building a station that would define talk radio to this very day. Rush Limbaugh, an unknown at the time, was also starting out with a local show for two hours, from noon to 2pm. Lynn was picked to be his unlikely lead-in, and the two debated politics at times on the air.

Despite being hated by many of the callers, and even some of the hosts at WABC, Samuels’ street-wise attitude and quick wit enabled her to manage through it all. She was fired for a brief time when, while being paired up with conservative veteran talker Barry Farber, she lost her cool and called for the assassination of then-president George H.W. Bush.

Lynn Samuels and George Stephanopolus.
Samuels was fired a second time by WABC, but was re-hired by the station. She became a vocal supporter of President Bill Clinton, often getting into very passionate debates with callers, including The Right Perspective‘s John of Staten Island, over the many scandals plaguing the administration.

In addition to doing her radio show, Samuels moonlighted as call-screener for Internet news hound Matt Drudge, who had his own show out of the WABC studios on Saturday nights. She has also had national appearances on FOX News, CNN, MSNBC, Sally Jesse Raphael, Geraldo and Politically Incorrect.

Samuels was then fired a third time from WABC on August 22, 2002. Although the station claimed “budget cuts” were the reason for her canning, many believed the real motive was to silence her progressive voice during the build-up to the the War in Iraq. At the time, she was on only once a week, on Saturday mornings.

The Sirius Satellite Radio network quickly hired Samuels in 2003, and she had been broadcasting from there ever since. Despite being on the Sirius Left channel, Samuels took no favorites and bashed Democrats when she saw fit, including dropping a c-bomb on then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Samuels was very critical of US President Barack Obama, and even questioned his “natural born” status. Many of the progressive listeners to Sirius Left complained that she was not far-left enough for the channel. She was moved to Sirius Stars in May 2011.

Condolences have already started coming from New York talk radio hosts. Jay Diamond, who had an acrimonious on-air relationship with Samuels when the two were on WABC during the 1990s, called her “a great and unique talent, and a good human being, from whom I learned a lot about radio” on his Facebook account. Fill-in host Mark Simone tweeted the “sad news” to his followers.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/12/25/lynn-samuels-1942-2011/
http://www.radio-info.com/news/lynn-samuels-veteran-talk-radio-personality-has-reportedly-died
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:42:44 PM by Circus Boy »

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
Re: LYNN SAMUELS IS DEAD AT THE AGE OF 69 1942-2011 Rest In Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

May this self-hating kurveh roast in Hell...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
What's bad about people like her is she wasn't just wrong herself, she was influencing a lot of other people toward the evil liberal way of thinking.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
She always seemed like a female nebish or a kook to me; like a Greenwich Village weirdo.  But i never hated her or wished her dead. She was somewhat funny and sad.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :) :) :dance: :)

Ymach shma vizikhra

And I hope many other evil people follow her lead very quickly
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
I always hated her!
That hideous voice of hers should make her eligible for a spot in hell.

She was always whining about something on WOR710 AM.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 06:31:32 PM by angryChineseKahanist »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »
Thank god she's not around corrupting those around her.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
I could not disagree with he policies more but I enjoyed listening to her show on 77am... She was crazy... She often made me laugh with all things she came out with... I don't think she was actually evil but she was indeed a mind numbed liberal...One thing about her is she had the ability to talk about most issues... Interesting due to the fact that she was a good indicator of how the liberal left saw things back then.... I am actually a bit sad to hear of her passing.... May she rest in peace where ever crazy liberals go when their days are done.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 07:42:18 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Circus Boy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »
She once said, "They killed the wrong Rosenbaum"!!, meaning they should have killed Norman Rosenbaum instead of Yankel Rosenbaum in Crown Heights in 1991.

She swore that she didn't think that O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman; there wasn't enough evidence!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:04:44 PM by Circus Boy »

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
בס''ד

Yimach shma vezichra (may her name and memory be obliterated).

*She supported the destruction of Israel and was the worst example of a self-hating Jew. She defended the Arab Muslim terrorists every time they murdered Jews.

*She supported all of the black Nazis - David Dinkins, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and even Louis Farakhan.

*In the 2000 presidential election, she announced that she supported both the Nazi Pat Buchanan and the Arab Nazi Ralph Nader. She went out of her way to pick the two worst Nazis running.

I could go on and on. She was pure and unadulterated evil.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »
Yimach shema indeed!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »
I could not disagree with he policies more but I enjoyed listening to her show on 77am... She was crazy... She often made me laugh with all things she came out with... I don't think she was actually evil but she was indeed a mind numbed liberal...One thing about her is she had the ability to talk about most issues... Interesting due to the fact that she was a good indicator of how the liberal left saw things back then.... I am actually a bit sad to hear of her passing.... May she rest in peace where ever crazy liberals go when their days are done.

Yes, she did say some interesting things in her annoying days...
I remember one day she started her program by talking how while she was on her way to the studio, she saw some homeless person peeing on the streets.
Or the other time when she came in talking about the smell of a taxi she was in.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
בס''ד

*She supported the destruction of Israel and was the worst example of a self-hating Jew. She defended the Arab Muslim terrorists every time they murdered Jews.

*She supported all of the black Nazis - David Dinkins, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and even Louis Farakhan.

*In the 2000 presidential election, she announced that she supported both the Nazi Pat Buchanan and the Arab Nazi Ralph Nader. She went out of her way to pick the two worst Nazis running.

בס''ד

Yimach shma vezichra is right!  If you look up self-hating kapo Jew in the dictionary, Lynn Samuels picture would be there.  I used to hear her on the radio on WABC.  I think that, at that time, WABC wanted not to be just a "conservative" radio station.  Finally, they got rid of her.  I wouldn't listen to her for very long because she used to literally make me sick.  She was a pig virus and the world is that much better off without her. 

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »
She once said, "They killed the wrong Rosenbaum"!!, meaning they should have killed Norman Rosenbaum instead of Yankel Rosenbaum in Crown Heights in 1991.

Here is an interesting film I found regarding Rosenbaums

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 05:49:19 AM »
Here is an interesting film I found regarding Rosenbaums

Although quite old the video is very good... Black radicals as seen in the video are far more slick today... The have toned down the rhetoric to some extent however are taking care of business through political channels... Most people today have forgotten the Rosenbaums and Crown Heights issue
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Circus Boy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 06:47:11 AM »
בס''ד

Regarding whom and what she supported: most of it was pure radio schtick, pure theatrics made up to rile up the audience and get them to call up and scream at her, mostly white ethnic conservative blue collars which gave her ratings and then the liberal bleeding heart women to side with her. Pure theatrics. Pure schtick. She laughed all the way to the bank and then cried all the way to unemployment when the schtick imploded.  The accent was genuine but exaggerated greatly; I never heard anybody from Bayside, Queens talk like she did. It's like Jackie Mason- pure exaggerated schtick. That's what she was.  Pure disingenuous schtichlach!!  Not worth a yimach shma.  Just a YIMACH!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:01:32 AM by Circus Boy »

Offline Circus Boy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »
WABC's Mark Simone has tweeted that she was a heavy smoker.  That would go along with a sudden heart attack or stroke.  All you JTFers who inhale: BEWARE!!

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
yemach shma vezichra to that wicked witch lynn cameluels

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »
yemach shma vezichra to that wicked witch lynn cameluels

Such a beautiful eulogy.