Author Topic: What Judaism is not.  (Read 6505 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: What Judaism is not.
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
My Brother lived in Beit Shemesh they have 2 parts one where the fanatics live and one where the religious very religious live.My Nephew was walking to karate school he's 9 he started in the U.S. at 3 yrs old when he was 7 he moved to Israel and continued their.A group of those ultra orthodox saw his gee and yelled at him avodah zara  :o one tried to punch him a grown man of maybe 25 my nephew beat him up and scared the othe fanatics away.Luckily my brothher has another apt in Yerushalayim.He left Beit Shemesh and moved to his apt in Jerusalem.He's orthodox and lains in the Torah.He said if he continued living in Beit Shemesh he would have killed someone.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 10:42:11 AM »
Horrible videos.... Doesn't anyone work there? Whatever the back story is the picture put out by the videos shows Jews being hostile to fellow Jews... Not a good picture from an outsiders viewpoint.
No they don't work, don't join the Army only cause disturbances
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
What's dati leumi?

Anyway, the AP as an article about this as well:

The article says a Channel 2 news truck was attacked.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAEL_GENDER_SEGREGATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-25-07-13-29

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »
What's dati leumi?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAEL_GENDER_SEGREGATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-25-07-13-29
Nationalist Religious they make the best soldiers in the Israeli army

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »
What's dati leumi?

Dati Leumi-  National Religious

And what Mord said- exactly the point! They want people like your brother to move away and many unfortunately do just that.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
My Brother lived in Beit Shemesh they have 2 parts one where the fanatics live and one where the religious very religious live.My Nephew was walking to karate school he's 9 he started in the U.S. at 3 yrs old when he was 7 he moved to Israel and continued their.A group of those ultra orthodox saw his gee and yelled at him avodah zara  :o one tried to punch him a grown man of maybe 25 my nephew beat him up and scared the othe fanatics away.Luckily my brothher has another apt in Yerushalayim.He left Beit Shemesh and moved to his apt in Jerusalem.He's orthodox and lains in the Torah.He said if he continued living in Beit Shemesh he would have killed someone.

Lol glad he taught them a lesson.  I wish there were more kids like your nephew in rbshemesh or more that are raised like your nephew.  It would really put an end to this madness faster than any stupid counter protests or police stupidity ever could do.   

But this is exactly what I'm talking about, these gangsters do not care how religious the person is or how much halacha they keep - they are terrorizing anyone perceived to be even a little bit different.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
If those Haredim are anti-Zionist, don't serve in the army, and don't want any money going to the Israeli government, then why do they bother living in Israel?  Why don't they stay in Brooklyn or someplace else in the galut? 

Why do they knock the government when they're getting government support for not working? 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
If those Haredim are anti-Zionist, don't serve in the army, and don't want any money going to the Israeli government, then why do they bother living in Israel?  Why don't they stay in Brooklyn or someplace else in the galut?  

Why do they knock the government when they're getting government support for not working?  
Thats a good question.Although in Boro Park the religious landlord threw out that guy weiss head of the neuterei karta for not paying rent.The Weiss guy tok his landlord to court the judge threw weiss out.I wonder if he moved to Israel or back to Austria.The yeshiva in Austria wouldn't accept his kids.He took the Yeshiva to court in Austria because in Austria they pay for Religious school the Judge in Austria also  threw the case out :::D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:43:04 PM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
they probably go to israel because they leach off the welfare system. they can use torah study as an excuse and live on welfare even tho they hate israel. kind of like how muslims will take your money and spit in your face.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »
Rabbi Amsalem: Haredi Rabbis Must Be Heard

Chairman of the ‘Am Shalem’ (The Entire Nation, ed.) movement MK Rabbi Haim Amsalem lit Hanukkah candles at the home of Naama Margolis of Beit Shemesh, who was recently mistreated by extremists on her way to school. Rabbi Amsalem requests Haredi Rabbis castigate the violence of the extremists, to make it clear to the nation that this behavior is coming from a fringe radical minority.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/227906#.Tviw0FayDm4
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
בס''ד

The hatred that I see on this thread toward Charedi Jews is the type of sinat chinam that caused our 2000 year exile. There is a conflict here between the news media and religious Jews, and you are siding with the news media in their campaign to discredit Torah Judaism.

I am not a Charedi Jew. I am a fervent Zionist. I have been condemned many times in my life by Charedi leaders. I have often been very critical of them myself, as we see in my latest video on the Satmar cult. But most Charedi Jews are not like Satmar. True, they are not like the Jewish heroes of Judea and Samaria who fight for the land of Israel, but they are still our brothers and sisters, they live in the Jewish homeland and they have large Jewish families which is vital to our survival.

When there is an organized media lynch taking place against religious Jews, to side with the media is the worst thing anyone could do. That is the sole issue here. The evil traitor media is trying to convince Israeli Jews that Torah Judaism is bad. This is part of a cultural war between Torah Jews and assimilated self-hating Jews. To support the self-hating media, the feminazis and the corrupt politicians against the religious Jews is atrocious.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »
בס''ד

The hatred that I see on this thread toward Charedi Jews is the type of sinat chinam that caused our 2000 year exile. There is a conflict here between the news media and religious Jews, and you are siding with the news media in their campaign to discredit Torah Judaism.

I am not a Charedi Jew. I am a fervent Zionist. I have been condemned many times in my life by Charedi leaders. I have often been very critical of them myself, as we see in my latest video on the Satmar cult. But most Charedi Jews are not like Satmar. True, they are not like the Jewish heroes of Judea and Samaria who fight for the land of Israel, but they are still our brothers and sisters, they live in the Jewish homeland and they have large Jewish families which is vital to our survival.

When there is an organized media lynch taking place against religious Jews, to side with the media is the worst thing anyone could do. That is the sole issue here. The evil traitor media is trying to convince Israeli Jews that Torah Judaism is bad. This is part of a cultural war between Torah Jews and assimilated self-hating Jews. To support the self-hating media, the feminazis and the corrupt politicians against the religious Jews is atrocious.

I agree with you on this. I am ashamed to read the hatred of Charedie, who as we all know have their failings. But I think that the media has done an incredible job to discredit and make these religious Jews out to be the whipping boy.

Sure there are problems in their society, and they often are a burden on a lot of Jews in Israel.... But in a way I support them in their study of Torah.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
בס''ד

The hatred that I see on this thread toward Charedi Jews is the type of sinat chinam that caused our 2000 year exile.

Chaim, I don't think their were or is anyone here who is attacking all the haredim. In fact the point is the opposite. To make a distinction between the extremists in that society with the rest of Haredim and religious Jews as well. And no one (certainly not me) are in favor nor side with the hiloni media.
  But why defend these people (specifically those who for example rise up and curse at little Jewish girls and intimidate the public)?
 That is what both extremists (the leftists/media, and these fringe elements) want- they want to make it seem like this is Judaism vs. secularism. And people choose either this or that? This is the trick they have been playing for years and taking power unto themselves. Secular Jews become disgusted with these types of people and the media labeling the Religion in this light. What I am saying and thinking is to be pro active and show the true side of the Torah, while condemning these types of things and to say for what it is- against the Torah to do what they are doing.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
I don't understand how the Charedi are worse than typical Israeli Jews that are completely secular and completely brainwashed and always support the Bolshevik Israeli government. They might not be Kahanists but few people are. If the NWO media is taking a side you can better believe it's the wrong side.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »
Also don't we advocate a Jewish- religious, Torah-Observant state? If people see and the media gets away with labeling (as they have) the Torah in negative light and these types of things as if representing the Torah, then more Jews would want to be against the Torah since they view and believe that these types of things will only grow and be encouraged instead. They will wrongly believe that a (True) Torah state will be a state run like the Taliban which is something furthest from the truth.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »
בס''ד

Chaim, may I paraphrase what you are trying to say?  The media is taking an example of what took place and attributing it to all religious Jews.  This is what we are angry about.

I think what other posters are saying isn't in disagreement with you.  They are simply siting that some religious Jews such the one the media is making an example is not the type of extreme religiousity we should condone.  There are certain things on the other spectrum that go too far too.

My suggestion to you is to clarify that point that while there is extremism that do come from some religious Jews and that it isn't your cup of tea, the media is taking one rare instance and making out all religious Jews as terrible.  In fact it is the opposite.  True Torah Jews respect women better than the majority of secular Jews
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
If those Haredim are anti-Zionist, don't serve in the army, and don't want any money going to the Israeli government, then why do they bother living in Israel?  Why don't they stay in Brooklyn or someplace else in the galut? 

Because they are parasites. They are supposed to study in Yeshivas but really they are just bored and so they rather spend their time acting like hooligans.

Now I am referring to a small albeit vocal minority of so called "zealots" that don't represent most charedim in the least, neither Hasidim nor Litvaks. I happen to know some charedim and they are decent, gentle and polite people. The media tries to inflame religion wars and portray all charedim as rube vulgar misogynists. Virtually every news item about rabbis or religious people is negative and inflammatory, unless it some so called "rabbi" who condemns settlers and praises the leftist establishment.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
We live in the Matrix. Everyone is deceived. Every day is opposite day. If the NWO is telling us to think one way, it should be obvious that it's the wrong way.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
We live in the Matrix. Everyone is deceived. Every day is opposite day. If the NWO is telling us to think one way, it should be obvious that it's the wrong way.

I agree that this is the world we live in today. It is essential to detach from the matrix in order to see the reality of the situation. Detachment is also required to avoid the ills of rampant consumerism which we witnessed last week.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
I agree that this is the world we live in today. It is essential to detach from the matrix in order to see the reality of the situation. Detachment is also required to avoid the ills of rampant consumerism which we witnessed last week.

That rampant consumerism puts a great many people to work each year... Retailers claim a good part of their profits come from the holiday season... I think people would be far more ill if they joined the already overloaded ranks of the unemployed.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
Excellent point cjd. Is he saying it is wrong to buy Hanukkah gifts?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:36:47 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »
That rampant consumerism puts a great many people to work each year... Retailers claim a good part of their profits come from the holiday season... I think people would be far more ill if they joined the already overloaded ranks of the unemployed.

Well I am not aware if you saw the 'Air Jordan' riots last week. I am sure that a lot of people made a lot of money... But I am not talking about seasonal demands. We all know that those who watch a lot of television are exposed to a lot of marketing, and there is social pressure to buy things for no logical reason. This is what marketing is about... I have a friend who is studying marketing, and my mothers father was an advertising executive.... I know about marketing.... And this is why I have detached from watching television and movies...

As I explained to my friend... I have what I need. I have enough clothes for work, and home, and for Shabbat, and I don't need to keep up with fashions. So people may think I'm a nerd, I don't wear my clothes to impress other people {an image which the tv and movies always enforce}. I don't have to worry about 'coveting' what other people have because I am happy with what I have.

I spent money this last week buying consumer electronics { a field I work in by the way }. I bought a new 10" Android tablet for a friend... But my point is that the media is capable of influencing a lot of people. As 'Mr Rose' here pointed out it is like the matrix. Those who subscribe to rampant consumerism will tire of what they have and they will always crave the latest item. I know someone who has a very capable iPhone 3 but they are already jonesing for the iPhone 4.... Why? Because they need to 'keep up with the Joness'.

I have a nice car because it is the car I loved when I was a kid. I don't want any other car and thus no amount of marketing is going to make me want to get another car. Why should the marketers always plant the idea that we are lacking when we already have everything we need?

We don't need disposable products in order to keep people working. Sometimes it seems like they are making things with pre-planned obsolesence because they want us to keep coming back for the newer items. Indeed I like the new Android tablets and the price has fallen which is why I gave this one as a gift. My android cost almost twice what I paid for last Friday.

I have detached from the 'Matrix' of the media and only get my news and media from the internet. Sure there are biased media sites and I avoid most of them {I have NEVER read Huffington Post, etc.}. This is what I am talking about...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »
You should not serve material.  Material should serve you.

So I have no fault for someone who buys nice things.  However that material they buy should only serve him/her.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
You should not serve material.  Material should serve you.

So I have no fault for someone who buys nice things.  However that material they buy should only serve him/her.

Did you see those 'Air Jordan' riots? Someone did some incredible marketing to make people want them so badly, heck they are just sneakers...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »

What "Matrix" the movie?

Maybe they know what you think and how you think soo instead they are sometimes telling you to think one way in order for you to think otherwise which is what they wanted in the first place? Food for thought.

And about consumers- That is an individual issue, people should spend as they like is they can afford it. Heck what is it about people being in other ppls buisness? First some are too cheap, now some are consuming too much?