Author Topic: Apparently, Christopher Hitchens was antisemitic?  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Apparently, Christopher Hitchens was antisemitic?
« on: December 27, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
Was not aware of many of these facts.  What a scumbag!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11050

The universal encomia for the departure of Christopher Hitchens, the most celebrated atheist in the world, has been matched only by the earlier demise of Apple’s guru, Steve Jobs.

Some of Hitchens’ praise is deserved, since he had been an exception in the leftist debacle after 9/11.

But Hitchens had a serious problem with Jews, Israel and anti-Semitism. Despite the well known fact that the journalistic superstar boosted a deadly Judeophobic propaganda, Hitchens was given a pass by many US Jews for the anti-Semitic cheap shots about Israel just because he was a member of "the club".

Celebrated Jewish personalities such as Hitchens, George Steiner, the late Tony Judt and Alan Ginzburg, Noam Chomsky or Susan Sontag, all of them friends of Mr. Hitchens, have not just criticized Israel for its policies, they have depicted it as a “racist, vicious, inhumane entity”.

In 1987, at age 38, Hitchens discovered that he was Jewish. In the mid-1970s, a “Jewish settler” in Hebron told Hitchens his authority to dwell there came from God.

“This was where I began to feel seriously uncomfortable,” Hitchens wrote in his memoir. “Some such divine claim underlay not just ‘the occupation’ but the whole idea of a separate state for the Jews in Palestine”.

In the online magazine Slate, Hitchens not only depicted Israel as “stupid, messianic and superstitious”, he published an article entitled “Israel’s Shabbos Goy”, evoking the canard of a Jewish conspiracy manipulating US policy.

“Why does the United States acquiesce so wretchedly in its own disgrace at the hands of a virtual client state?”, asked Hitchens. He validated the Hitlerist stereotype of the Jews as preternaturally crafty, hypocritical, manipulative, supremacist, animalistic, and morally diseased creatures who, with the help of their corrupt talents, set themselves to exploiting Gentiles for financial gain.

The Christian Science Monitor, in memoriam, printed 10 of Hitchens' “more memorable quotes,” including: “I am an anti-Zionist. I’m one of those people of Jewish descent who believes that Zionism would be a mistake even if there were no Palestinians”.

In his atheist best-selling jeremiad, “God is Not Great”, Hitchens describes Judaism and Israel as both “genocidal”.

He rhetorically asked Israelis, in Slate: “Without God on your side, what the hell are you doing in the greater Jerusalem area in the first place?”, a question which would have been expected of Helen Thomas and the worst kind of anti-Jewish bigots.

Hitchens downplayed the sufferings imposed by terrorists on Israel. Concerning, for example, the 2003 terrorist bombing of the Neve Shalom synagogue in Istanbul, Hitchens wrote that “the worshippers were not killed for building a settlement in the West Bank: they were members of a very old and honorable community who were murdered for being Jews”.

So, according to Mr. Hitchens, the killing spree againstf the “settlers”, like the recent Fogels and the Palmers, or a bus blowing up in Tel Aviv, was perfectly acceptable.

Hitchens named as his “beloved guide in the superior sense of that term” the late Israel Shahak, who asked the Jews to cease to be racist and evil by divesting themselves of Judaism and Israel.

Hitchens’ self-anti-Semitism had the same intensity of the Jewish philosopher Otto Weininger. And as Weininger’s suicide in 1903 was regarded by some assimilated Jews of that time as the only “honorable” way for Judaism to cleanse the world of his existence, Hitchens’ kind of Jews are asking the Israelis to commit suicide by dismantling their “settler entity”.

Contrary to what Hitchens thought, there is much more Jewish truth in a bullet proof bus going to Gush Etzion than in a Martini party in Manhattan

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Apparently, Christopher Hitchens was antisemitic?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Yemach Shemo Vezichro to this antisemitic piece of drek... Burn in Gehinnom mr hitchen...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »
i wonder if when this evil man died there was an instant where he realized he was wrong? maybe as he tumbled down into hell?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
Not surprising for an atheist.

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
If he was antisemitic, why would David Horowitz commemorate him in this article

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/12/16/my-friend-christopher/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
I guess he is really ignorant.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
If he was antisemitic, why would David Horowitz commemorate him in this article

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/12/16/my-friend-christopher/

Uhh, because he doesn't know any better?

Do you think david horowitz can do no wrong?   Or that any time a Jew praises someone it means the person must be good?  It's not a proof of anything, unfortunately.   
Process how many Jews have praised the nazi arab hitler yasser arafat, and then reassess your point of view.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »
Even many so-called "right-wing" Jews at times praise or defend anti-Semites. For instance Scamela Geller frequently speaks fawningly of the Copts in Egypt, even though they have a ferociously anti-Semitic pope and the majority of them deny the right of Jews to even exist to this very day.

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
Even many so-called "right-wing" Jews at times praise or defend anti-Semites. For instance Scamela Geller frequently speaks fawningly of the Copts in Egypt, even though they have a ferociously anti-Semitic pope and the majority of them deny the right of Jews to even exist to this very day.

Are you a regular follower of Debbie Schlussel's columns? I heard her claiming that Christopher Hitchens was born a Jew.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
Are you a regular follower of Debbie Schlussel's columns? I heard her claiming that Christopher Hitchens was born a Jew.

The article I just read said that he found out he was born a Jew when he was 38....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 05:54:19 PM »
Uhh, because he doesn't know any better?

Do you think david horowitz can do no wrong?   Or that any time a Jew praises someone it means the person must be good?  It's not a proof of anything, unfortunately.   
Process how many Jews have praised the nazi arab hitler yasser arafat, and then reassess your point of view.

David Horowitz was perhaps the first person after whom I started educate myself into conservative causes. He seems very moderate to me though

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »
Relatively so.

Offline Paul Schacter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
Relatively so.

I read her article on Copts in Egypt. I don't think a Pope can represent views of most Coptic Christians. Plus, Debbie Schlussel is insane to me. She keeps attacking everyone who disagrees with her on at least one subject. I do not consider her to be a serious columnist or conservative. That's my view.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

Yitzak Rabin and Shimon Peres were also born Jews.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
Debbie provides pretty good evidence for what she claims about her various rivals. That, and the fact that all of her rivals are a lot more politically-correct than she is, leaves me inclined to take her side.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
Debbie provides pretty good evidence for what she claims about her various rivals. That, and the fact that all of her rivals are a lot more politically-correct than she is, leaves me inclined to take her side.

I also usually like what she has to say and find her blog interesting, although I do not follow it very closely.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
Who are we going to believe: a woman who speaks the whole truth and says very nearly what Chaim does in all areas, or a hideously ugly old slut that struts around in a bikini denouncing JTF and spreading around blatant lies for sensationalism?

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 10:12:13 PM »
He was a real creep; and a really destructive adversary of Israel and the Jewish people. Good riddance.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »
Yes Hitchens was a Halchicly Jewish ,he said he found out in his 30's but said when he was in school he gravitated to Jews.But yes he had many good positions but he was an atheist and anti Israel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »
David Horowitz was perhaps the first person after whom I started educate myself into conservative causes. He seems very moderate to me though
David Horowitz used to be a leftist communist freak and now he claims to be reformed. I suppose he still has a warm spot for his old friends in the extreme left.