Author Topic: A relative of Obama's? lol  (Read 502 times)

Offline uzitger

• Junior JTFer
Re: A relative of Obama's? lol
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:15:09 PM »
Don't insult the poor chimp, at least Cheetah is not a Muslim Nazi.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
Don't insult the poor chimp, at least Cheetah is not a Muslim Nazi.

You're right. I am ashamed of myself. :'(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »
Cheetah's lucky he lived to be that old and didn't end up in a cruel laboratory. So many chimps in films had horrible endings to their stories being that they grow more aggressive with maturity, are dangerously powerful animals, and live for such a very long natural lifespan.

I don't think it's a good idea for chimps to be used for entertainment in most cases for that very reason, it becomes a serious animal welfare issue about the lifelong care of the animal and preventing him or her from changing hands and ending up somewhere horrible.

This is compounded by the fact that chimps are very, very intelligent animals and have more complex emotions than most animals too. To abuse them is like abusing a child as far as the sentience level is concerned, although all animal abuse is evil I think harming a chimp or other great ape takes it to a more evil level. Of course humans take priority but abusing an animal, especially a very intelligent one, is still very evil.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
Cheetah's lucky he lived to be that old and didn't end up in a cruel laboratory. So many chimps in films had horrible endings to their stories being that they grow more aggressive with maturity, are dangerously powerful animals, and live for such a very long natural lifespan.

I don't think it's a good idea for chimps to be used for entertainment in most cases for that very reason, it becomes a serious animal welfare issue about the lifelong care of the animal and preventing him or her from changing hands and ending up somewhere horrible.

This is compounded by the fact that chimps are very, very intelligent animals and have more complex emotions than most animals too. To abuse them is like abusing a child as far as the sentience level is concerned, although all animal abuse is evil I think harming a chimp or other great ape takes it to a more evil level. Of course humans take priority but abusing an animal, especially a very intelligent one, is still very evil.

Very true... There is no excuse for mistreating animals. They too are Hashems creation and he entrusted their care to humanity..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »
I wish everyone felt that way Muman. Thanks.