Author Topic: Pat Buchanan "Suspended" From MSNBC  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Pat Buchanan "Suspended" From MSNBC
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
I think it's more like he was fired:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/critics-claim-msnbc-has-suspended-pat-buchanan/

An activist group whose leaders object to the beliefs of Pat Buchanan, a senior adviser to three American presidents, a candidate for the Republican nomination in 1992 and 1996, and the Reform Party’s presidential candidate in 2000, is announcing victory in its campaign to have the author of multiple best-selling books removed from MSNBC.

“ColorOfChange.org welcomes MSNBC’s decision to indefinitely supend (sic) Pat Buchanan,” ColorOfChange.org Executive Director Rashad Robinson posted in an online statement.

“However, it’s time for MSNBC to permanently end their relationship with Pat Buchanan and the hateful, outdated ideas he represents. We appreciate this first step and urge MSNBC to take the important final step to ensure that their brand is no longer associated with Buchanan’s history of passing off white supremacy ideology as mainstream political commentary.”

Buchanan could not be reached immediately for comment on the campaign or any results, but he essentially has been absent from the network since the release of his latest book about America’s heritage and history. And MSNBC President Phil Griffin said recently, “When Pat was on his book tour, because of the content of the book, I didn’t think it should be part of the national dialogue much less part of the dialogue on MSNBC.”

Pat Buchanan wasn’t suspended at WND! See his latest column, “GOP bad blood.”

The activists had begun their campaign after Buchanan appeared on a radio program, “The Political Cesspool,” to promote his newest book, “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?”

The move was stirring an abundance of comment on the web, with the notation from Griffin as recently as this weekend that there was no decision on whether Buchanan would return.

Mediaite’s Frances Martel said the network’s statement was vague, but “The Week” said, “when you read between the lines, it’s rather obvious that he’s through.”

“This is a good move for MSNBC: Getting Buchanan off air is in MSNBC’s best interest, says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway,” according to “The Week.”

AP noted in its report that Buchanan’s book includes chapters named, “The End of White America,” and “The Death of Christian America.”

WND reported when the campaign was launched by Color of Change.

The group’s outrage was prompted by the warning from the author of six New York Times best-sellers that the America that was founded and built by those who considered the Christian faith important is disintegrating.

Buchanan traces the collapse to three historic changes: America’s loss of her cradle faith, Christianity; the moral, social and cultural collapse that followed that loss; and the slow death of the people who created and ruled the nation.

America was born a Western Christian republic, he explains, but is being transformed into a “multiracial, multicultural, multilingual, multiethnic stew of a nation that has no successful precedent in the history of the world.”

How about, “Dial 1 for English,” election ballots in foreign languages, demands for “rights” from illegal immigrants, and related issues? he questions.

The Anti-Defamation League jumped to join the attack on Buchanan, saying it had “grave concern” over Buchanan’s “anti-Semitic, racist and anti-immigrant views.”

“It is especially disturbing that he continues to be given a platform to espouse his views at a mainstream network like MSNBC, where he is presented as a knowledgeable and respected analyst. Buchanan continues to show his true colors by espousing hateful, bigoted statements in his new book,” said Abraham Foxman, national director for the ADL.

Buchanan was a senior adviser to three American presidents, ran for the Republican nomination in 1992 and 1996, and was the Reform Party’s presidential candidate in 2000. The author of 10 other books, Buchanan is a syndicated columnist and founding member of three of America’s foremost public affairs shows, NBC’s The McLaughlin Group and CNN’s The Capitol Gang and Crossfire.

The campaign to silence Buchanan conflicted with other opinions, including that of The Washington Post, which said, “Buchanan is a muscular writer, fully in command of the English language he feels is under siege. He is adept at linking history, statistics, and the writings of philosophers and economists to proffer forceful arguments.”

Added The Philadelphia Inquirer, “Buchanan is an honest writer who … minces nothing except an occasional opponent.”

And at The Washington Times, Tony Blankley wrote, “Mr. Buchanan … is positively fearless. He is also right.”

Amazon readers by a 7-1 margin were giving the book high marks.

The book explains that America today is “rejecting the commitment to a God-given equality of rights for all as inadequate.”

“Our government is engaged in the manic pursuit of equality of rewards, as it seeks to erect an egalitarian utopia that has never before existed. Less and less do we Americans have in common. More and more do we fight over religion, morality, politics, history, and heroes. And as our nation disintegrates, our government is failing in its fundamental duties, unable to defend our borders, balance our budgets, or win our wars.”

At the time, an unscientific online poll asking whether respondents thought Buchanan should be allowed on MSNBC to talk about his book drew at 91 percent yes response.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Pat Buchanan "Suspended" From MSNBC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
I heard he left because of health reasons...

I honestly think this is more likely.

MSNBC LOVED Buchanan.  Dont you think that of all the 'so called' conservative people that they could have chosen... MSNBC picked Buchanan.... Thats not a coincidence. 

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »
Even though he may have gotten suspended for the wrong reasons, at least he's no longer on MSSNBC.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
I don't care for Buchanan but i'm sure i care even less for this group
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
How much do you want to make a bet that FOX news hires this mofo...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »
How much do you want to make a bet that FOX news hires this mofo...
probably
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
i dont like pat buchanan because he is an anti-semite but he is right about a lot of things pertaining to america.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
i dont like pat buchanan because he is an anti-semite but he is right about a lot of things pertaining to america.

Don't let his views on affirmative action and morality seduce you though. 

He is way worse than Ron Paul.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »
Don't let his views on affirmative action and morality seduce you though. 

He is way worse than Ron Paul.

I  TOTALLY dissagree with you on this.  Ron Paul is FAR WORSE!!!!!    Ron Paul is over-the-top wacko conpiracy kook who ALWAYS is on the side of Muslims.... ALWAYS!!!!!  Everything he believes in fits PERFECTLY in line with Islamic propoganda. His foreign policy stems from his hatred of Jews and his love of Muslims.   This is why Muslims LOVE him.... He has now become a HERO in Iran and Muslims everywhere praise him.
Paul also praises open borders... anything that can weaken our country he supports.

Buchanan, although an evil Jew hater....  is in obvious conflict....  He has found himself in the same area that European so-called nationalists like Nick Griffin are in.  They idolized Hitler and Naziism because they beleived it was a right-wing nationalist movement.... and now they find it is constradicting everything that is conservative. 

I read some exerpts from his last book and it was ruthless against Islam... and he even compared Judaism FAVORABLY to Islam... saying that Jewish American immigrants have become productive americans unlike Muslims.   That doesn't mean he suddenly likes Jews...  not in the slightest... but it shows that his world views are probably more motivated by hatred of Islam than hatred of Jews.

THey are both bad... but Paul is FAR more dangerous.... because like Hitler... he is focused like a laser on the Jews and Israel at the ultimate evil in the world.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
I  TOTALLY dissagree with you on this.  Ron Paul is FAR WORSE!!!!!    Ron Paul is over-the-top wacko conpiracy kook who ALWAYS is on the side of Muslims.... ALWAYS!!!!!  Everything he believes in fits PERFECTLY in line with Islamic propoganda. His foreign policy stems from his hatred of Jews and his love of Muslims.   This is why Muslims LOVE him.... He has now become a HERO in Iran and Muslims everywhere praise him.
Paul also praises open borders... anything that can weaken our country he supports.

Buchanan, although an evil Jew hater....  is in obvious conflict....  He has found himself in the same area that European so-called nationalists like Nick Griffin are in.  They idolized Hitler and Naziism because they beleived it was a right-wing nationalist movement.... and now they find it is constradicting everything that is conservative. 

I read some exerpts from his last book and it was ruthless against Islam... and he even compared Judaism FAVORABLY to Islam... saying that Jewish American immigrants have become productive americans unlike Muslims.   That doesn't mean he suddenly likes Jews...  not in the slightest... but it shows that his world views are probably more motivated by hatred of Islam than hatred of Jews.

THey are both bad... but Paul is FAR more dangerous.... because like Hitler... he is focused like a laser on the Jews and Israel at the ultimate evil in the world.

very well put, i was gonna respond saying they are carbon copies, but you laid that idea to rest

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
Buchanan traces the collapse to three historic changes: America’s loss of her cradle faith, Christianity; the moral, social and cultural collapse that followed that loss; and the slow death of the people who created and ruled the nation.

There's nothing wrong with saying this, it's true.

I know that we don't like Pat Buchanan because of his anti-Semitism though so at least he won't have a platform to promote that.

I'm not disturbed that he as an individual was taken off the air for that reason but it does disturb me the REASON he was apparently taken off. Saying the truth about the decline of the USA as related to the loss of historic faith and founding stock now gets you labeled unfit for public discourse?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
The discussion here about whether Buchanan or Ron Paul is worse is meaningless. Both Fag Buchanus and RuPaul are Nazis to the very core and annihilating Jewry is all they care about. All of Ron Paul's other positions are openly terrible, whereas Buchanus' alleged social-conservative positions are all lies. For crying out loud, this is the man who allied himself with Lenora Fulani, Justin Raimondo, and every America-hating Muslim or communist on the planet. But what else would you expect from a closet homosexual?

The following amused me though:
The Anti-Defamation League jumped to join the attack on Buchanan, saying it had “grave concern” over Buchanan’s “anti-Semitic, racist and anti-immigrant views.”
Translation: if Buchanus only attacked Jews and didn't (pretend to) criticize blacks and illegals, Ibrahim Foxman would be an enthusiastic fan of his.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
Axl, I wonder what Buchanan's mystery illness is.  I think it's time for another one of your polls. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Axl, I wonder what Buchanan's mystery illness is.  I think it's time for another one of your polls. 
Umm, do you really need to ask?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »
Well Axl, it could be any number of things besides HIV. 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
If he left for health reasons, then I hope he's REALLY sick, that vicious Jew hater.  They can't die fast enough for me.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »
If he left for health reasons, then I hope he's REALLY sick, that vicious Jew hater.  They can't die fast enough for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:19 PM »
Poll done.