Author Topic: RUSH: ROMNEY ADMITS HE’S JUST LIKE OBAMA  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
RUSH: ROMNEY ADMITS HE’S JUST LIKE OBAMA
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/rush-romney-admits-hes-just-like-obama/

Radio host Rush Limbaugh is scratching his head today at the strategy employed by Mitt Romney in the wake of his New Hampshire primary victory, as the former governor is likening himself to President Barack Obama.

During an appearance on CBS today, Romney said his job-cutting actions at his Bain Capital investment firm were no different from Obama’s bailouts of the U.S. auto industry.

“In the general election I’ll be pointing out that the president took the reins at General Motors and Chrysler – closed factories, closed dealerships laid off thousands and thousands of workers – he did it to try to save the business,” Romney said.

In his analysis of the comment, Limbaugh explained, “Romney said what he did running Bain Capital was no different from what Barack Obama did bailing out the auto industry. Thud! Kerplunk! You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Limbaugh said Romney was actually accepting the premise of his critics such as fellow Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry “that he has gone into these companies with a chainsaw.”

Limbaugh continued, “What Romney should’ve said is, ‘You call what I did layoffs? I was trying to save jobs. I was trying to save companies. Look at what Obama did at General Motors. Those jobs went overseas to the Chi-coms (Chinese communists). Look at how he’s laying off 80,000 soldiers.’ And this is a point. Is Obama trying to save the Pentagon by laying off 80,000 soldiers? No, ladies and gentlemen. Quite the opposite. There’s not a single thing that is common between we as conservatives and Barack Obama. Not a single thing. In the areas of economics and substance there’s not a single thing.”

Limbaugh added: “My concern here is that capitalism’s under assault. Barack Obama is not a capitalist. Barack Obama and Romney did not do what they did for the same reasons, for the same objectives, same things. If you’re going to wade intro this pool of defending the way you save a business … you’re not government. I just think there’s a better way of doing this educationally, informatively than tying yourself to Obama. It’s not that I think Romney’s gonna take over car companies as president. That’s not what my fear here is. I think in order to win this Obama is gonna have to be properly defined as what he is and what he intends for this country. And his takeover of General Motors was not benevolent. There was nothing about the takeover of General Motors that was oriented toward saving it. He doesn’t care whether it runs at a profit.”

Romney easily won the New Hampshire primary last night, taking 39 percent of the ballots cast, with Ron Paul finishing in second place with nearly 23 percent, and Jon Huntsman at close to 17 percent. Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were tied with 9.4 percent each. Rick Perry and Buddy Roemer each collected less than 1 percent.

Limbaugh said he was interested in Paul’s placing second in New Hampshire, and says Romney wants Paul to stay in the race and not drop out, suggesting Paul will help clear the field for Romney by siphoning away votes from other contenders.

“Fifty-seven percent of the voters that voted for Ron Paul were not Republican conservatives. And that’s one of the things that I wanted to see,” he said.

“Everybody is urging everybody else to get out of this except for Ron Paul. They want Ron Paul to keep pounding away at Santorum and Newt. They want Ron Paul to continue to get big numbers and take away any high second- or third-place finishes from Santorum or Gingrich or Perry or anybody else. The powers that be realize the monkey wrench that Ron Paul represents. Ron Paul is a conservative killer. Ron Paul kills the conservative vote, and the Romney camp wants him in there.”