Author Topic: Great News!!! Piracy Website Shut Down by Feds!  (Read 4461 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Great News!!! Piracy Website Shut Down by Feds!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »
And the DOJ website was just taken down by Anonymous in retaliation.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
If anyone thinks this will end "piracy", I have some Oklahoma beachfront property to sell them

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
Obviously the khans of Hollywood have to be against the piracy. That should be called "Pirates against piracy".
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
The entire purpose of the site was to facilitate piracy. Im ashamed that so many are blinded to that... The people being charged profited handsomely from their illegal activities...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
And the DOJ website was just taken down by Anonymous in retaliation.

I would not cry if they took all Anonymous Terrorists and locked them in guantanamo..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:26 PM »
I don't understand why any upstanding moral person would deny the right of a person to make money on that which he has worked for. This is sounding like the Generation of the Flood where theft and violence were the norm. Bottom line is that not only are 'big hollywood types' losing because of this but a large segment of the technology industry which is currently working on the next generation of content delivery.

In the case of the cassette and video tapes... The industry worked out a system whereby the mfg of the casettes and VHS tapes payed a royalty to the MPAA in order to offset any piracy... As long as royalties are being payed there is not a problem. But if the rightful owner of IP is bypassed it is nothing short of THEFT.

Just like walking into a bank with a gun and holding it up. Or walking into a house and squating in it illegally.... Those who engage in this kind of theft are doing damage to a lot of small businesses who are working with content producers. It is because of this that the products I work on use Encryption with very strong keys to prevent people like some of you from stealing the media content...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
Here is a picture of your hero Kim Dotcom... The convicted felon and mega conspiracy thief...

Looks like he could use a little prison food...

Did he win a fat contest against Michael Moore?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
The entire purpose of the site was to facilitate piracy. Im ashamed that so many are blinded to that... The people being charged profited handsomely from their illegal activities...
The few times I ever used an upload site I put there some of my own IP that I needed to share with some friends.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
The few times I ever used an upload site I put there some of my own IP that I needed to share with some friends.

I have nothing against online cloud storage... I use UbuntuOne... But check out the 'model' of Mega Conspiracy.... It seems to me to be geared toward encouraging piracy.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
I personally used Megaupload to occasionally facilitate the transfer of files to family and friends. 

Oh well, I guess I will just use RapidShare

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
So, how about that apology for accusing me of piracy?  ;D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »
So, how about that apology for accusing me of piracy?  ;D

Axl,

I am sorry if you feel I was singling you out. My point is that those who do not condemn piracy in my opinion seem to condone it...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
Not quite an apology but I'll take it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
Not quite an apology but I'll take it.

I do not think that you would knowingly steal... When I made the statement I was trying to make a point. I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »

All of this is unproven allegation. The DOJ just shut down a website without giving the website a chance to get rid of the copyright material.

Once again I ask if someone posts a link to copyright material on JTF, should JTF be shut down?

That is what SOPA will let DOJ do, which DOJ is unconstitutionally doing right now.

The piracy ring that uploaded the material to Megaupload should be stopped, but Megaupload should not have been taken down unless they refused to remove the copyright content. In this case, Megaupload was not even given a chance to remove the content.

SOPA is support by Hollywood and the majority of Democrats, who want to impose a Chinese style censorship "Kill switch" system on the interest.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
I don't think anyones condoning it, but I don't exactly see the evils of Hollywood losing profits bad at all considering they supported Obama and communists. It'd be like people stealing from the Nazis, I don't feel sorry for the Nazis losing money or land.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
That's a good point. But I don't believe they are losing any money to begin with

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 03:08:27 AM »
Your title is misleading. What you meant is "Communist terrorists massacre freedom"

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:05 AM »
I am actually glad to hear that this occurred. I am still undecided whether or not society is better off with ip laws. Mises.org has a lot of writings that argue that it is not. But until society decides to get rid of IP laws officially and out in the open, we should enforce ip laws. Not doing so would be unfair to content creators who took it for granted that their work would be protected and built their lives based on that assumption.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »
All of this is unproven allegation. The DOJ just shut down a website without giving the website a chance to get rid of the copyright material.

Once again I ask if someone posts a link to copyright material on JTF, should JTF be shut down?

That is what SOPA will let DOJ do, which DOJ is unconstitutionally doing right now.

The piracy ring that uploaded the material to Megaupload should be stopped, but Megaupload should not have been taken down unless they refused to remove the copyright content. In this case, Megaupload was not even given a chance to remove the content.

SOPA is support by Hollywood and the majority of Democrats, who want to impose a Chinese style censorship "Kill switch" system on the interest.

++
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »
++

This action had absolutely nothing to do with SOPA. The SOB was a criminal engaged in a criminal enterprise. It is shocking that anyone would support such a lowlife. This guy was convicted of stock fraud and was also a hacker. He made a ton of money on the backs of hard working people. And those who think this is only for the CORPORATE BAD GUY are completely in the dark as to what goes into creating content for the world of media devices.

The DOJ was watching this criminal for over a year....

And I am still stunned that nobody here has condemned software and media piracy. It seems most people are only concerned with what they can get for free. But the truth is that nothing is free, unless the creator deemed it to be for free. I believe some of you would steal cars and food if you could get away with it..

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
What "hard working people"? Actors that make ten million bucks a film by working two hours a day? LOL

I'd like your proof for the claim that we all want to steal cars, also.  :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »
What "hard working people"? Actors that make ten million bucks a film by working two hours a day? LOL

I'd like your proof for the claim that we all want to steal cars, also.  :laugh:

It seems that all people care about is getting free stuff... Do you think that the only people affected by piracy are the actors? Do you realize that a lot goes into modern video production. I have worked for many companies which have done work with movie studios and independent artists (For instance in the 1990s I worked with the producers of the Sci-Fi TV series Babylon 5 which used the Network OS my company developed). There are many middle-man companies which are involved in providing services for these productions and they are supposed to get royalties based on the number of views of the content. The entire royalty system is abused when people take what they should not.

An entire segment of the Silicon Valley development effort is to provide software and hardware to power the next generation of media devices. I am currently working on one such technology {the embedded video/audio CODECS used in set-top boxes and Blu-ray DVD players}... I have seen my work pirated and take my word... It sucks...

Im sorry if there are people who will have to pay to watch things. There is much content which is released which is free. I also support FREE SOFTWARE as in OPEN SOURCE which I personally have contributed three projects. For the last 10 years I have maintained several free software packages available in the open source community. But when I work on commercial software I expect to get paid for it...

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
I guess JTF should be taken down, because JTF has videos using CNN clips.

I see you even made videos using clips for various media sources.

Guess you better turn yourself into DHS, and ask them to shut JTF down.

I pointed out the language of SOPA that would lead to this, which DHS is already doing without Congressional authorization.

“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
I'd love to see some of the freeware you've written and applaud you for this. Do you have any links?