Poll

Which of these annoys you more?

People who complain constantly about being single
2 (25%)
People who complain constantly about their relationship/marriage
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Bigger pet peeve  (Read 964 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Bigger pet peeve
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
Just a random fun poll.

People who constantly complain about being single more than likely have nobody to blame but themselves. Unless they are in that tiny minority of folks who truly keep getting rejected for some stupid and shallow reason, what is most likely is that they have had various chances with the opposite sex for years that they have blown off for years owing to their own selfish, petty, and unrealistic standards. You know--because they didn't dress dapper enough, didn't have a perfect body, were a little eccentric, etc. After a while, G-d stops giving you chances and lets you marinate in the consequences of such for a good long while--perhaps forever. We all know what Esau's sin was, right?

People who constantly complain about the relationship they are in likewise only have themselves to blame. It is almost 100% certain that if you are in one, you had tons of red flags during the dating process that you chose to overlook in the hopes that you could change them, or that they would go away naturally once you two were married. People can only put up facades for so long. Plenty of women are miserable (or perhaps even battered and cheated-on) because all they were interested in were macho, meathead guys with no thought to their intellectual, emotional, career, or fathering capacities. Likewise look at all the idiotic airhead men who find out the hard way that the anorexic peroxide bimbo with ridiculous fake boobs they got hitched to only wanted them for their money.

Axl Rose

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Bigger pet peeve
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
I'd say the second type is by far more annoying.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
I'd say the second type is by far more annoying.
I'm not going to vote but I think it's pretty much a tossup. I can understand how you would feel that way, though, because they at least have a relationship and are ungrateful for it. They would probably be complaining if they were single, also.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
I'm not going to vote but I think it's pretty much a tossup. I can understand how you would feel that way, though, because they at least have a relationship and are ungrateful for it. They would probably be complaining if they were single, also.
Plus it's always possible to end a relationship, not so easy to start one.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »
Plus it's always possible to end a relationship, not so easy to start one.
Excellent point but remember that a lot of people have ridiculous shallow standards and allow a lot of good people to pass them by. Then it's not so easy to start a relationship.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
I think people who complain constantly are hard to be around because I feel like they drain my energy. The topic doesn't really matter. Everyone has some things about their life they are unhappy with and need to talk to other people about though, and that's ok, but constantly complaining can get really irritating.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »
Very few people I know complain about being single.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »
Very few people I know complain about being single.
Maybe you don't know many?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »
Neither are pet peeves, but if I were to choose it would be single people.  especially The ones that say they can't find the right person yet they themselves arent prize possessions either.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »
Neither are pet peeves, but if I were to choose it would be single people.  especially The ones that say they can't find the right person yet they themselves arent prize possessions either.
I agree, a lot of them have nothing to offer anyone. However, on the other hand it seems like really quality people often have a hard time finding someone that deserves them. But they're a minority of total singles of course.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
I agree, a lot of them have nothing to offer anyone. However, on the other hand it seems like really quality people often have a hard time finding someone that deserves them. But they're a minority of total singles of course.

The quality people depends on which aspect.  Quality personality will eventually find their soulmate.  The reason why is because they are humble enough that they aren't perfect and will look for someone that will fill in the missing pieces of their soul.  People who think they are all that and looking for the perfect person, are looking in the wrong place.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein