Author Topic: United Kingdom - Anti Israeli Boycott Gaining Momentum  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
United Kingdom - Anti Israeli Boycott Gaining Momentum
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:50:56 AM »
United Kingdom - More than a million Britons were told this week to boycott Israeli goods, artists, academics and athletes, as the boycott Israel campaign received a massive boost from the country’s biggest union.

Delegates representing Unison’s 1.3 million members voted at their annual conference in Brighton on Wednesday to support a “concerted and sustained” embargo on Israel with an “economic, cultural, academic and sporting boycott”. This followed earlier pro-boycott resolutions by UCU, the academics’ union, and the National Union of Journalists.

Unison’s vote came as Prime Minister Tony Blair launched a scathing attack on the campaign. He told Jewish leaders in Downing Street: “You can’t allow that kind of delegitimisation of Israel to happen. We need to find a way to challenge this head on.”

Despite Mr Blair’s support, Unison’s decision dismayed embattled anti-boycott campaigners. Lorna Fitzsimons, chief executive of Bicom, which is spearheading the Stop the Boycott campaign, said: “The whole thrust of rebuilding Israel and a new state of Palestine is about economic reconstruction. The area needs investment, and this is a kick in the teeth to Palestinians.” [Jewish chronicle]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

newman

Re: United Kingdom - Anti Israeli Boycott Gaining Momentum
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
When that cursed place becomes Britainistan they'll all get theirs! I'm going to rellish seeing those animals get forcibly converted, stoned, shot and beheaded.